PDA

View Full Version : RCBS & Lyman Top Punch Numbers

Uncle Grinch
02-17-2007, 09:13 PM
I decided to put all my molds, sizers and top punches in an Excel spreadsheet and found out I have several extra top punches that I can't remember what they fit. Easy enough, I thought, I'll just look them up in my Midway catalog that just came in.

Nope!! The top punch numbers for both RCBS and Lyman don't match anything I have. They seem to have changed their number scheme or something. Example Lyman 314299 uses #467, but the catalog shows 347-521 and RCBS 416-350-FN uses #562, but the catalog shows 622-115.

I know about the castpics website, but would really like to see some RCBS numbers also. Any help?

NVcurmudgeon
02-18-2007, 12:27 AM
Uncle, those six digit numbers with the hyphen in the middle are Midway stock numbers. The 467 shown for Lyman 314299 is correct, as is the 562 shown for RCBS 416-350 FN. What I did, because I think in Lyman numbers, was to take my Midway bullet casting catalog, and enter the Lyman top punch numbers in the Lyman bullet section and the RCBS top punch numbers in the RCBS bullet section. I simply ignore the Midway stock numbers unless I happen to be ordering from Midway.

NVcurmudgeon
02-18-2007, 10:03 AM
Uncle, oops! I left out an important sentence in my post re: Lyman and RCBS top punches. Many of the RCBS punches for boolits similar to some of Lyman's have Lyman numbers.

Uncle Grinch
02-18-2007, 05:44 PM
It sure would be nice if they still listed the punch numbers like they used to.

I often refer to various mail order catalogs for references.