PDA

View Full Version : "Hulk Smash" form of Casting

P.K.
11-16-2011, 06:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuokqTSkFNo

I'm a little speechless...I wanted to grab the mold....

btroj
11-16-2011, 06:47 PM
Link doesn't work

P.K.
11-16-2011, 06:56 PM
Link doesn't work

Hmm, does for me and I'm not a subscriber over there. Anyone else?

Jailer
11-16-2011, 07:03 PM
"Hulk Smash"

Definitely appropriately titled. I couldn't get past the "casting" portion before I had to shut it off.

looseprojectile
11-16-2011, 07:05 PM
Certainly not the way I would do it. I doubt that he will get a couple of hundred boolits before he beats that Lee mould into submission.
I would look for a second opinion. No fluxing but he was getting passable boolits
regardless.
Then again it is easy to find fault when watching someone else do things.
I wonder how he does at the pin shoot.

Life is good

blaser.306
11-16-2011, 07:06 PM
The link worked for me and I feel a little queasy now ! Thanks for that . I am willing to bet that the guy in the video doesn't have a signifgant other to have to answer to casting and spilling lead all over the stove top, never mind hitting the blocks with that cute little ball pein hammer. Or perhaps I / we have been doing this all wrong? That may be the saving grace for that mould is that his wife will find him in the kitchen doing that and he will become yet another "statistic" Even if it is only a lee mould I still could not bear to watch the whole thing!

11-16-2011, 07:08 PM
I couldn't watch it. Had to shut it off.

P.K.
11-16-2011, 07:09 PM
Belive me watch the rest, it gets better, unlubed and unsized cramed in the case....

jnovotny
11-16-2011, 07:15 PM
All I have to say is wow.....

Josh45
11-16-2011, 07:20 PM
I remember seeing this video a while ago. I am not casting as of yet but I did fail to notice what he did wrong when I first seen it until I just watched it again...

No flux
No lube
No sizing Nada.....

Leadforbrains
11-16-2011, 07:22 PM
Is that some sort of Joke?
If not that guy needs some help BaD!!!!

odfairfaxsub
11-16-2011, 07:24 PM
this is prob a guy who heard how to do it vaugly from a freind of his and he failed to listen to some of the details. i bet hes just a new caster reloader. he really needs to do his homework thought bad bad

btroj
11-16-2011, 07:24 PM
Can someone give me some keywords to search. I still can't the link to work.

John Boy
11-16-2011, 07:29 PM
The guy should be arrested for impersonating a caster and reloader!

adrians
11-16-2011, 07:29 PM
i think this dude must have used those hemostats for something else before he got to what he thinks is casting.
at least he wasn't using an NOE,, or the like to ruin the mold with that ball peen hammer.
i wonder what he uses to size his boolits,,. a rock and chisel :holysheep
:evil::groner::twisted:

oh i didn't watch it all so i didn't see his sizing and seating method.
will go back and have another look ,,,, i need a good laugh

frankenfab
11-16-2011, 07:31 PM
Can someone give me some keywords to search. I still can't the link to work.

Casting, Reloading & Shooting 45 ACP Bullets

by

ColdFusion0

southpaw
11-16-2011, 07:39 PM
If someone has an account on youtube maybe they could let him know about castboolits. He is probably new to casting and reloading. Everyone has to start somewhere, some have better teachers and others are self taught. I didn't see anything wrong with his loading technique, tho he did a few more prep steps than I do for the 45 auto.

I started off casting pretty much the same way he did, then I found this site. I have learned alot here and have improved my casting and reloading skills. Thanks guys!

Jerry Jr.

Ronbo256
11-16-2011, 07:54 PM
That was like watching a trainwreck, I was horrified but I couldn't look away!

R.M.
11-16-2011, 08:22 PM
You don't have to be supper smart to know you don't beat on aluminum with a steel hammer. What a duffus.

btroj
11-16-2011, 08:29 PM
I actually though his little "ladle pot" was a neat idea.
The lack of lube is a bit odd, as is not using the reservoir for his powder dispenser. Maybe he doesn't use it because he is just loading a few rounds?

He may be a beginner but he was totally cool with his tactical light on his pistol!

hk33ka1
11-16-2011, 08:36 PM
The suggestion someone with a youtube account help him or direct him here was a great idea.

I'd hate to think he would come here and read some of the things said in this thread though,,, :(

DLCTEX
11-16-2011, 08:36 PM
Wow! I thought I was doing some dumb things when I started casting, but I now see I looked like a pro.

frankenfab
11-16-2011, 08:43 PM
The suggestion someone with a youtube account help him or direct him here was a great idea.

I'd hate to think he would come here and read some of the things said in this thread though,,, :(

I have an account, but that was my first thought as well.

DeanWinchester
11-16-2011, 08:48 PM
You guys are looking at this all wrong. This is putting more money into the pockets of companies like Lee, That we all want to see prosper. It also gives job security to the local Emergency Room trauma surgeons.......he's gonna need one if plans on living long. AND if he doesn't, he's fluxing the gene pool and skimming himself off the top.

WIN, WIN!

uncle joe
11-16-2011, 08:57 PM
You guys are looking at this all wrong. This is putting more money into the pockets of companies like Lee, That we all want to see prosper. It also gives job security to the local Emergency Room trauma surgeons.......he's gonna need one if plans on living long. AND if he doesn't, he's fluxing the gene pool and skimming himself off the top.

WIN, WIN!
AND
if he keeps shootin them boolits in them guns he will likely want to sell them cheap soon because the barrels will be full of lead.

JonB_in_Glencoe
11-16-2011, 08:59 PM
I sure hope he finds his way here...Castboolits needs to help him.
He'll be sooooo much more happy when he learns a few things this site.

one thing for sure, If he's got money for the auto-scale, he can surely pick-up
a bottom pour pot from Lee...that'll help him out most of all.
Oh, and some tumble lube too.
Jon

Chihuahua Floyd
11-16-2011, 09:00 PM
Somebody with an account should sign in and de-bunk some of this garbage.
Did anyone look at the comments, 7 pages of people like this and think that is the way to do casting and reloading now.
Comment like"A brass hammer will not dent the mold." Dumb.
CF

Marlin Junky
11-16-2011, 09:04 PM
I could only watch about 2 minutes of that... what a putz.

MJ

trench
11-16-2011, 09:06 PM
Only a moron wouldn't have enough sense to Google for some help before undertaking something new. There are scores of sites where guys would have helped him get started properly. So you will never get him to listen, cause he thinks he knows it all already.

waksupi
11-16-2011, 09:10 PM
Cam? Is that you?

btroj
11-16-2011, 09:14 PM
Only a moron wouldn't have enough sense to Google for some help before undertaking something new. There are scores of sites where guys would have helped him get started properly. So you will never get him to listen, cause he thinks he knows it all already.

I don't google anything new that I might do- I would be likely to find people who are as clueless as me but don't know it!

I don't think his a moron at all, just uninformed. I can guarantee that many of us here at some point where about equally as clueless. I certainly meet many of them at the range.

Blammer
11-16-2011, 09:22 PM
ouch! I bet he will be lucky if the primers stay seated the way he is horning out the primer pocket, and he's shortening the brass considerably by his "deburring".

"make sure to use a cold load with lead bullets" what is that suppose to mean?

sufferin succotash, it takes him forever to load powder in the cases.

docone31
11-16-2011, 09:33 PM
I saw the cleaning out of primers also. I rarely have to clean them out. When I do, I use an hand held primer pocket cleaner. A couple of turns and they are good to go.
I don't know, but, when he finally finds this site, he will have songs to sing, and tales to tell.
I hope we leave him alone when he comes. We all started somewhere. I started with a brass ball mold, a coffee can, and a fire outside with leaves and sticks. I never got the lead up to temp, the mold I couldn't hit at all. A neighbor panicked, there was an amazing scene.
That was, like 40yrs ago.
The second time I reloaded lead, every other round stovepiped! I was qualifying that day. I got qualified, but it was a long time before I cast lead.
We all gotta start somewhere, and some of us even survive it.

trench
11-16-2011, 09:37 PM
Sheesh. I asked a guy who knew how, 40+ years ago, and got shown. Why would you not?

R.M.
11-16-2011, 09:41 PM
To start out not knowing much is one thing, but placing yourself on the internet through YouTube as if you're an expert, is totally different.
Now a lot of people know the wrong way to do things, thinking it's right.

williamwaco
11-16-2011, 10:15 PM
I had seen it before.

Just for kicks I have watched a lot iof those video's.

Many of the others are just as bad.

kmag
11-16-2011, 10:35 PM
As my old Grandfather would say: " That boy needs some help". He must buy molds by the dozen the way he used the hammer. He did have some good equipment but, I think he overspent on some items and under-spent on some of the other perhaps more important things. I would think that he should read more on boolit casting, or find a mentor to help him. Perhaps if he continues to cast and load his dexterity for doing it will increase. It would take a long time for him to load several box's of ammo for a shooting session the way he was going about it. Not trying to be hard on the guy, I did my first casting on Moms gas range while she was at work. But, I covered the work area so no lead was spilled on the range top. You have to give it to him though, he put a large enough puddle of lead on top of the mold.

Kraschenbirn
11-16-2011, 11:40 PM
Scary...very scary!! Cramming an unsized/unlubed .454-.455 boolit into a .45 ACP case, I'm surprised they even chambered. Wonder what his chamber pressures were running?

Bill

P.K.
11-16-2011, 11:50 PM
Scary...very scary!! Cramming an unsized/unlubed .454-.455 boolit into a .45 ACP case, I'm surprised they even chambered. Wonder what his chamber pressures were running?

Bill

I think the caption stated .452. Still unlubed or sized....Courting danger at every turn.

theperfessor
11-17-2011, 12:19 AM
Couldn't watch past the second use of a ball peen hammer on a Lee aluminum mold. From the other poster's comments here I assume it got worse from that point. I just couldn't take any more of it.

swheeler
11-17-2011, 12:33 AM
Just a couple more casting sessions and it will be listed for sale on EBay, VINTAGE LEE MOLD.

Bret4207
11-17-2011, 08:17 AM
I tried to comment, logged in and whatnot. I guess I just don't know how to comment on You Tube. What I had to say wasn't very nice anyway.

HDS
11-17-2011, 08:30 AM
I posted some (not unkind, we don't really need that) hopefully helpful pointers, comment is awaiting moderation.

Kraschenbirn
11-17-2011, 10:21 AM
I think the caption stated .452. Still unlubed or sized....Courting danger at every turn.

I know what his caption said but I didn't see a micrometer or caliper among his gear. That particular Lee mould is catalogued for ".45 Colt (LC) or .454 Casull" and mine (before beagling) dropped .4535 using 50/50 WW/Pb. But, I guess he could've been casting from straight lino...

Bill

Ready on the Right
11-17-2011, 10:24 AM
There should have been an opening statement "WARNING VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED; What you are about to see is not suitable for those that have a regard for proper use of tools and equipment. Safety and common sense have been eliminated; any accidents that ensue will only serve to protect the innocent (from further acts of idiocy)"
In the immortal words of Buggs Bunny "What a maroon!"
The worst thing is that some unknowing kid (or adult) will come across this and attempt to use the "techniques". Like many, I couldn't watch much past the ball peen to the sprue plate scene.

P.K.
11-17-2011, 10:42 AM
I know what his caption said but I didn't see a micrometer or caliper among his gear. That particular Lee mould is catalogued for ".45 Colt (LC) or .454 Casull" and mine (before beagling) dropped .4535 using 50/50 WW/Pb. But, I guess he could've been casting from straight lino...

Bill

Gotcha, did you see what he was dropping in the pot? For all we know those fish weights could have been 50% zinc too. ;-)

cheese1566
11-17-2011, 10:50 AM
I hope he doesn't eat off that gas grill anymore!

or have small children around while casting! he is going to get burned if he hasnt already and hope he doesn't take anyone with him.

mdi
11-17-2011, 12:53 PM
A major problem with youtube is anybody can post a video and be an expert. My opinion is this feller hasn't read or seen anything about bullet casting, not even the instructions that came with the mold. Totally self-taught. He does use the hammer handle to open the sprue, though he does use the hammer face to loosen bullets. I've read it's common if you shoot "as cast" bullets in your guns, (and I do on occation), IF you know the barrel groove diameter, and the "disclaimer" about shooting bare, unlubed bullets "...you'll have to clean the barrel more if you don't use lube", or sumpin like that, is true. I'd expect a LOT of leading from his reloads...

runfiverun
11-17-2011, 02:29 PM
made it about 15 seconds.
didn't care he was hitting the mold.
but the lead he was wasting.
man i can see shoestring and all but, dude if you can post a video you can find this place.

Glen
11-17-2011, 02:45 PM
Anybody who takes a ball peen hammer to one of my mould blocks is going to have the hot bullets dumped into his shorts!

mpmarty
11-17-2011, 03:10 PM
Send the Video to LEE so that when this idiot bitches about their poor quality they will have an appropriate response. GFYS

fredj338
11-17-2011, 04:34 PM
The internet can be a dangerous place to get information.

MikeS
11-17-2011, 07:43 PM
The strange thing is he knows enough NOT to open the sprue plate by hitting it with the hammer head, but then goes on to hit the sprue plate & blocks with the hammer head to get the boolits to drop from the mould (and to get the lead off the sprue plate). Personally I think this is a person with more money than brains. I mean he has all the expensive toys (the powder dispenser, case prep machine) but if you look you can see they're all new, not a speck of dust on them. And how much brains does it take to know that you have to lube boolits? I mean they have lube grooves in them, what does he think they're for? He says in the video that if you're not going to use lube that you have to clean the gun more often, what like every 10 shots? I'm really surprised that he didn't have a Lyman or RCBS bottom pour pot, he seems to have no problem spending money! Well, there's always hope he might come around, maybe find this site by accident, and learn the error of his ways. What's scary is that he thinks he knows what he's doing, otherwise he wouldn't be making a video of it!

evan price
11-17-2011, 08:03 PM
You bet this guy will show up and complain about the 'junky Lee molds' that wore out after a few hundred bullets.

On the one hand, he's using a fairly expensive Chargemaster scale/powder dispenser unit...on the other hand he's not lubing or sizing the bullets...not even tumble lubing..>!

MikeS
11-17-2011, 08:23 PM
Just did a little bit more looking, and he made another video after this one, for casting and loading the 303, and in this video he seems to have learned a few things. He uses a Lyman mould, and while he still has the same hammer, he doesn't seem to use it on the mould (at least not in the video), and he tumble lubes & sizes the boolits. He's still using an alloy made up of old fishing weights, but he seems to have learned a few things (I read the comments, and a few people told him not to hit the mould!) Here's his 303 video:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ColdFusion0#p/search/1/TpS-YQoysrg

Although on the 45 video when somebody suggested he get a brass hammer to hit the mould, instead of the hammer he was using, his comment was that the Lee mould is cheap, and that a brass hammer would cost more than the mould! But it looks like maybe there's hope for this guy after all.

parson48
11-18-2011, 01:29 PM
I hope that he has bookmarked a few first aid vids. He's gonna smash or burn something.

10x
11-19-2011, 01:30 AM
Watch for the mold on Ebay.....
as for lube - that could be a very light layer of Liquid Alox...

1Shirt
11-19-2011, 09:16 AM
Quite probably the worst caster I have ever seen. It is interesting however that he has good reloading equipment. Needs to learn to read and spend some time with an experianced caster. And yes, most likely it will turn up on ebay listed as vintage.
1Shirt!:coffee:

Cherokee
11-19-2011, 12:49 PM
the guy need some help. A HiPoint with a tac light !

MBTcustom
11-19-2011, 01:45 PM
I know what his caption said but I didn't see a micrometer or caliper among his gear.
Really? that surprises me, cause he had everything else on his table, including pipe fittings.
Seriously fellas, lighten up a little! Its a 45acp not a high powered load, and it is so forgiving, that I wouldn't be surprised if the guy did manage to shoot un-lubed boolits in it, especially if they were over-sized. After all, he wasnt shooting them through a Kimber, it was a Low-point ***! He// the thing probably shot better with a leaded barrel!
I know he was about as bass-akward as they come but look at the positive facts:
He was managing to keep a controlled temperature on his pot.
He was making boolits without any describable wrinkles.............................
:smile:
He knows how to use a ball peen hammer.
He knows how to save money on reloading trays
He knows how to spend the he// out of money on a powder scale.
He didn't use the ballpeen hammer on his powder scale, no matter how tempting it was.
When the brass got stuck in the press, he hesitated, and started to reach for his favorite hammer, but he resisted and I have to give him credit for that.
He knows how to ream the living ****e out of some brass by golly!
He knows about the age old trick that you can, in a pinch, use a reloading press instead of a ballpeen hammer, to seat your boolits, and he seems to have mastered that technique fairly well. Kudos man!
Seriously, we should not make fun of a guy who likes a properly blended, radiused, and ergonomic profile on his aluminum molds.
I'm sorry, I started to defend the poor guy but now I need a tissue, I'm seriously laughing that hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:bigsmyl2:[smilie=p::veryconfu[smilie=l::oops::killingpc:killingpc:killingpc

A HiPoint with a tac light ! "In case he can't find his hammer in the dark."

casterofboolits
11-19-2011, 02:13 PM
As my Kentucky grand parents would say: Bless his heart, he's "special"!

P.K.
11-19-2011, 02:49 PM
As my Kentucky grand parents would say: Bless his heart, he's "special"!

LOL! My wife says that all the time. :lol:

Ole
11-19-2011, 03:14 PM
"If you are not going to lube the bullets you are going to need to clean the gun more often because the lead will build up".

Says right in the video @ 8:44.

At least his primer pockets are squeaky clean. :mrgreen:

BigRix
11-19-2011, 07:44 PM
I think I'm doing things wrong by trying to do things right. I try to research and hone my methods before I make videos for youtube and I have like 20 times FEWER views than this guy.

It must be the sound track.

zxcvbob
11-19-2011, 08:11 PM
I submitted a comment with some suggestions. It says "Comment Pending Approval!" so I doubt it gets posted.

Cadillo
11-19-2011, 09:45 PM
I could only watch for a few seconds. I couldn't watch anymore. It was akin to watching someone abuse any other piece of equipment and otherwise head down the road toward disaster. But, it also served to remind me how fortunate I am.

I shot commercially cast bullets for decades prior to starting to make my own. Other than myself, I have seen only one person cast a bullet ever, and that was just one occasion, but he is a Master at it. I watched, listened, and even cast a few with his rig. I then duplicated his array of equipment, and then discovered this forum, which I explored extensively prior to starting.

I now cast ten (10) different pistol bullets, and my finished product is better than anything I have ever purchased.

There are no words to describe the service this forum has done for me and my skill set as a caster. I log on here each time I go on the internet, and usually either learn something or reinforce something I know each time. Of all the shooting related forums, this is by far the most useful I have found.

Many thanks to those many who offer constructive criticism and advice!

Knowledge not shared is lost! :castmine:

TCLouis
11-19-2011, 09:57 PM
Wish the link still did not work.

Someone please take that hammer away from him!

mannyCA
11-19-2011, 10:43 PM
Ok now fess up, which one of you guys is this?
But seriously, he's going to ruin the finish on his Weber...

leadman
11-20-2011, 12:32 AM
This guy probably inherited the equipment. His 'ol man is rolling over in his grave!! LOL

The RCBS Trimmate is a great machine, but the large primer pocket uniformer is for rifle only.
There is a collar on the cutter at the specified depth, then the screw head is broke off so it is not adjustable.

He wasn't paying attention when Dad tried to teach him. Hope he comes here and gets educated.

Ole
11-20-2011, 02:32 PM
Mark that's the same thing I thought as well.

No one buys a RCBS case prep center and an expensive powder dispenser without knowing the basics about how to make good ammo.

P.K.
11-21-2011, 05:41 PM
Ok now fess up, which one of you guys is this?
But seriously, he's going to ruin the finish on his Weber...

Pretty funny but considering this group and the QA/QC we try to excell at I doubt it was anyone here. I for one could never bring myself to strike hot aluminum with cold steel. Also it's been dicussed many times about using fishing weights and the questionable stuff in them. He didn't even skim his mix so it prolly had all sorts of good stuff mixed in there to like supliments and vitamins to make "better bullets." ;-)

williamwaco
02-09-2013, 04:35 PM
Is that some sort of Joke?
If not that guy needs some help BaD!!!!

No that is not a joke!

You-Tube has dozens of videos just that bad.

You guys that know what you are doing can have a lot of fun over there watching those idiots - but beginners really should stay away from You Tube.

To be fair, there are also some excellent videos. The beginner can't determine what is legit and what is pure idiocy.

zxcvbob
02-09-2013, 04:46 PM
Somebody with an account should sign in and de-bunk some of this garbage.
Did anyone look at the comments, 7 pages of people like this and think that is the way to do casting and reloading now.
Comment like"A brass hammer will not dent the mold." Dumb.
CF

I tried to leave comments a year or two ago, but they never were "approved" and posted.

kir_kenix
02-09-2013, 04:57 PM
At least he had handles on his mold...

wch
02-09-2013, 06:10 PM
This fella is going to call Lee in a few days and complain about the short lifespan of his mould; they'll probably send him a new one, too.

nhrifle
02-09-2013, 06:42 PM
Anyone comes near my moulds with a hammer will be removing said implement from an orifice

Jay561
02-09-2013, 06:52 PM
Good stuff.

Doc_Stihl
02-09-2013, 06:56 PM
Just think of all the people that are watching those types of videos as "Educational" material...

Shudder when I think about it.

Someone else on here also made the comment about how LOTS of people are buying reloading equipment, enough to clean out alot of shops, but there's still reloading manuals on the shelf....

429421Cowboy
02-09-2013, 06:57 PM
Scary part is the number of new reloaders thanking him for the video! And just think, you may be shooting next to him someday... He has $600 worth of case prep and powder despenser yet can't afford a loading block? His casting setup seems totally inefficient, more lead ends up on the stove and sprue plate than in the mould. And no lube??? Not sizing is ok, maybe he casts them just right (DOUBT IT) but how hard is LLA or pan lubing? Be sure to use a "cold load with lead bullets" I am assuming he means a light load, probably because anything over airgun velocities leads something fearce lol. All i can say is wow. Just... Wow. Scary that he gets to put this out there and people learn from it! As for beating his mould, did you notice how clean his casting bench was? This is probably the same guy that tightens his lug nuts with a tire iron and a piece of cheater pipe cuz tight is good and tighter is better!

429421Cowboy
02-09-2013, 06:59 PM
Sorry, i thought i'd add this too, i love Corb Lund and this seems to be this guy's theme song!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwGrC0KicSo

Tool for the job (hard on equipment).

Come to think of it, we have a kid that works on the ranch that fits into this song too.

L1A1Rocker
02-09-2013, 07:01 PM
No that is not a joke!

You-Tube has dozens of videos just that bad.

You guys that know what you are doing can have a lot of fun over there watching those idiots - but beginners really should stay away from You Tube.

To be fair, there are also some excellent videos. The beginner can't determine what is legit and what is pure idiocy.

Yep, I've seen some annealing videos that made me cringe to think someone might actually use that brass.

captaint
02-09-2013, 07:01 PM
I guess I missed this one the first time around. Jeez, I thought I poured a fatty sprue puddle. I got nothin on this guy !! I didn't think
that "powder measure" was ever gonna finish throwing a charge ! Gotta say one thing - he has all the gadgets... Mike

williamwaco
02-09-2013, 07:10 PM
I tried to leave comments a year or two ago, but they never were "approved" and posted.

You just answered your own question!

I have an account and my comments were never "approved" either.

Walter Laich
02-09-2013, 07:15 PM
Another reason never to borry ammo from people you don't know

Smitty's Retired
02-10-2013, 04:44 AM
Somebody "Really..... Really" needs to talk to this guy. Right off the bat........No Gloves?????? :killingpc The next few minutes of the video I kept expecting him to burn himself. I also kept wondering if he was wearing flip-flops.

You know, he may have been reloading for many years and just decided to start casting a short time ago. But jeeesh man, he could ask somebody if he didnt want to buy a book! :groner:

I guess I am just too OCD. Any time I've wanted to learn something, I do research, search out people who have experience, find sites like this one, find friends or try to make friends with someone with experience to help me out. Buy manuals, compiled notebooks with info, & joined forums. Hell, it took me over a year of lurking here and working with a buddy before I even attempted to start my first melting of ww's just to make ingots on my own, and then try my first attempt at casting.

The thing that REALLY.... REALLY scares me about that video?? Just like some have already stated......there are people commenting and thanking him and saying they learned something and are going to try casting themselves. :shock:[smilie=b:[smilie=b: I just hope the ones who said this, will try to do some research, and not make some of the same mistakes.

s1120
02-10-2013, 08:18 AM
Somebody "Really..... Really" needs to talk to this guy. Right off the bat........No Gloves?????? :killingpc The next few minutes of the video I kept expecting him to burn himself. I also kept wondering if he was wearing flip-flops.

Thats what got me!! I see him loading that weight in and im like.. "AAAUUUGHHHHH get away from that with no gloves on!!! I kept waiting for him to dump it all over himself!!! OK.. so Im a newbee... never casted [yet] and have yet to load my own round[yet] but have been studying up, and slowly buying the needed gear. I know to put the hammer down!!! Steel hammer on a alloy mold?? BAD IDEA. I gotta say I DO like that powder mesure though!!! Ive never seen one before, and thats kinda trick!! I have a old Lyman 55 though, and it will probably do just as well...

P.K.
02-10-2013, 08:36 AM
Ive never seen one before, and thats kinda trick!! I have a old Lyman 55 though, and it will probably do just as well...

Stay with the 55, it's faster and IMHO better unless you plan to load really long stick powder.

s1120
02-10-2013, 10:13 AM
Stay with the 55, it's faster and IMHO better unless you plan to load really long stick powder.

Oh ya, no way would I spend the cash that thing must cost!

Jim
02-10-2013, 10:27 AM
Couldn't watch past the second use of a ball peen hammer on a Lee aluminum mold. From the other poster's comments here I assume it got worse from that point. I just couldn't take any more of it.

Same here. When I saw the hammer, I thought "Sweet mother of Jaysus, he's got a HAMMER!" When he tapped the cutter open with the handle, OK, at least he's not beatin' on the cutter with the hammer head. When he hit the top of the mold with the hammer, I stopped the video and ran away.

s1120
02-10-2013, 01:13 PM
Took up casting after the whole staind glass hobby didn't work out....

10x
02-10-2013, 01:17 PM
Took up casting after the whole staind glass hobby didn't work out....

My wife took up stained glass.
My dog used stain carpets.
Me, I cast bullets and sometimes make tinsel....