PDA

View Full Version : Man Cave

RugerFan
11-16-2011, 02:17 AM
Slowly getting the man-cave set up in our new place in Alaska. Still have some old antlers to get up on the wall, but things are coming along in the basement. Casting table is set up in the garage. Now that the temps are getting below zero I don't think I'll get much shooting in for a while, but I can reload now anyway.

http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l449/wolf913/Mancave2.jpg

fatnhappy
11-16-2011, 02:41 AM
thats far to organized for the mind of a busy man. You must be married.

Looking good Mr. Carter

for my 2¢ casting in cold temps makes it easier to regulate mould temperature. In the winter I use an aluminum heat sink from a variable speed motor controller to cool my moulds using the BruceB method. I believe it's more consistent than a damp sponge.

YMMV

Recluse
11-16-2011, 04:20 AM
Now that the temps are getting below zero

for my 2¢ casting in cold temps

Cold temps--what's that?

:coffee:

Charlie Two Tracks
11-16-2011, 07:19 AM
Very nice setup. Look at all that brass you get to load up this winter. I could just see myself dropping a tub of boolits, lubed with Carnuba red, on that carpet! Wood stove, good lighting. I hope you have the time to enjoy that room.

timkelley
11-16-2011, 11:00 AM
When I was stationed at Ft, Rich we found we could shoot all we wanted in the winter. The difficulty was finding your 45ACP and 9MM brass in the snow. Shoot a revolver.:bigsmyl2:

Olevern
11-16-2011, 11:14 AM
Wow, you could easily fill that hoard of empty brass over the first month of the long, cold winter, but then you will have to find something else to do. I suggest a heavy parka and a pair of snowshoes so you can take a gun for a walk.

How about a nice recliner and a computer in the man cave for when you get back?

RugerFan
11-16-2011, 07:09 PM
thats far to organized for the mind of a busy man. You must be married.

Oh believe me, that organization won't last long once I get going :grin:

for my 2¢ casting in cold temps makes it easier to regulate mould temperature. In the winter I use an aluminum heat sink from a variable speed motor controller to cool my moulds using the BruceB method. I believe it's more consistent than a damp sponge.

Sounds interesting. I'll have to try that.

How about a nice recliner and a computer in the man cave for when you get back?

What you can't see in the pic is a love seat in front of a 27" TV that's usually tuned in to one of the 2 outdoor channels. :Fire:

JeffinNZ
11-16-2011, 07:44 PM
Looks like the pervious own left a whole lot of dead animals in your man-cave!

beagle
11-17-2011, 05:24 PM
Great looking setup. Where's refrig for brewskis......./beagle

RugerFan
11-17-2011, 08:51 PM
Great looking setup. Where's refrig for brewskis......./beagle

Actually I do have a mini-fridge down there, but haven't plugged it in and loaded it up yet. Also a freezer that I hope to fill with meat from all manner of hairy beasts next year (slain by cast boolits of course).

1Shirt
11-21-2011, 10:08 AM
Nice set up! Wish I had that much space!
1Shirt!:coffeecom

sqlbullet
11-21-2011, 03:34 PM
We just got our house plans back from the engineer today. That is one step closer to having my man cave finally. Maybe by mid-spring construction will be winding down. Bad news is we will have to be out by Christmas so they can tear down half our existing house.

Your cave looks really sweet! Hope I can do half as well.

cbrick
11-21-2011, 03:56 PM
Looks reaaly nice exept for the carpet. I had carpet in a loading room for about a year and couldn't wait to get rid of it. No possible way to keep it clean and no possible way to get it clean once it was no longer clean. Just plain didn't work but I sure did think it was a great idea when I put it in.

Rick

hedgehorn
11-22-2011, 10:54 PM
Looks reaaly nice exept for the carpet. I had carpet in a loading room for about a year and couldn't wait to get rid of it. No possible way to keep it clean and no possible way to get it clean once it was no longer clean. Just plain didn't work but I sure did think it was a great idea when I put it in.

Rick

+1 Carpet is nice for bare feet but its miserable to get clean. Vacuum cleaners hate live primers too ;)