PDA

View Full Version : did good today

Lloyd Smale
02-17-2007, 05:02 PM
been having problems even finding wws lately so today i stopped by the biggest tire sales in the area and made the boss an offer. I told him if he kept all of his wws id give him 20 bucks a bucket for them and to call me when he had two or three. Told him the guys could start a party fund with it or he himself could keep it. One of the tire changers overheard me talking and came over and said he had 3 buckets of wws and a full bucket of ingots that he had smelted down. he said his buddy casted downriggers with it and had to much allready and if i wanted it to stop by and hed give it to me for free and that hed start taking them home and hold them for me to buy.

454PB
02-17-2007, 05:18 PM
Man, Lloyd, you're on a roll!

Lloyd Smale
02-17-2007, 05:44 PM
when it rains it pours! aint it great!!
Man, Lloyd, you're on a roll!

hydraulic
02-17-2007, 09:08 PM
Neighbor kid came by and gave me half a bucket and 9 boxes of new, unused 2.0oz. WW's. He works in one of the big name tire stores and said they were getting rid of their WW's because they were going into something new. He didn't know what it was, but THIS CAN'T BE GOOD.

cbrick
02-17-2007, 10:15 PM
Lloyd is doing it right, get it while you can cause the hand writing is on the wall. When I die its fine if there is 2 or 3 tons of wheel weight ingots in the shop. That's a far better option than living the last 20 years with none.

Rick

Lloyd Smale
02-18-2007, 03:10 PM
picked up the wws today and he gave me the first 3 buckets for free and i told him id give him 20 cents a lb for any more he got. He said in there busy season they get a bucket full every two days!!

cbrick
02-18-2007, 03:14 PM
Lloyd, could I please be your new best friend? Maybe adoption isn't out of the question - would you like a brand new 58 year old son?

Rick

Lloyd Smale
02-18-2007, 04:24 PM
come on over Rick i allways wanted an older son! Got it all smelted today and the wws are now 6 50lb ingots. IVe probably got 3 tons of lead in the barn right now and it feels good to have a stash to fall back on. Now ive got to start looking for lead to use!!!