PDA

View Full Version : small score

Stick_man
11-15-2011, 12:23 AM
Well, I just lucked into a pretty decent score. My cousin just broke up with her boyfriend and moved out. When moving boxes, she picked up a box she thought was hers (containing ammo and her pistol) and it turns out it was some of his old ammo. When she took "his" box back, he had taken all of "her" things and dropped them off at a common friend's place. He left 2 big boxes of things and said they were hers.

In the surprise box, there were about 300 pcs of once-fired .38spl, 150 loaded with WCs, a couple hundred SP primers, 3-400 swaged wadcutters, a couple hundred cast SWCs, and some other misc brass. Since she doesn't reload, she offered them to me. She just wanted them gone.

I may have to pick up some .380 dies and start reloading for her. :Fire:

latesvak
11-15-2011, 12:51 PM
nice score.

latesvak

sqlbullet
11-15-2011, 01:11 PM
Gotta luv it when that happens. I luck into supplies every now and then from my father-in-law. He has a 4-plex in Sandy and occasionally a renter will leave stuff behind. Picked up some 30/30 factory ammo that way, as well as some 380 one time.

eveready
11-15-2011, 07:00 PM
Lets hope he didn't load some especially heavy loads in those wadcutters to get even with her. I might have second thoughts about shooting them.

sqlbullet
11-15-2011, 07:12 PM
maybe shoot them in a 357 to test a few. hopefully someone wouldn't be that vindictive.

1Shirt
11-16-2011, 02:01 PM
The suggestion of shooting them in a 357 has much merit. Think that is the way I would go!
1Shirt!

Hawker man
11-19-2011, 12:41 PM
I'd pull em, all of em, dump the powder and reload them. That way you KNOW what you have. I've had several friends give me hand loaded ammo because they sold that calibre gun or just wanted to get rid of the ammo. I've been told it is loaded HOT and been told its loaded mild. I pulled ALL of them and used the brass and primers. There are VERY VERY FEW people I'd trust with my hands/eyes/life and it sure would not be a cousins ex boyfriend.
Good luck with what ever you decide to do.