PDA

View Full Version : Sorry guys

44man
02-17-2007, 03:39 PM
I am making venison stew right now. I am going to have trouble getting the kitchen sink in though. Portabellas, morels, rutabagas, potatos, my home made stout, parsnip, onions, green peppers, garlic, carrots, bacon, mushroom soup, and who knows what else I will throw in.
Like the guy on "dirty jobs" says, I can smell it now.

ron brooks
02-17-2007, 03:42 PM
No need to be sorry. You can PM me your address and I'll be over this evening. In the PM be sure to tell me what time to be there. Oh, can I bring the family or should I leave them.

Waiting for your PM,

Ron

44man
02-17-2007, 11:12 PM
I made a HUGE pot. If you can make it from Texas to WV in time you are all welcome.

hpdrifter
02-17-2007, 11:15 PM
just fax me some....BR549

BigSlick
02-17-2007, 11:34 PM
While I understand the spirit of your post, blatantly noting you are using morrels with your vension is just hitting below the belt. I'm having leftovers tonight, since I didn't cook, since I was at the gunshow picking up my new 32 H&R 4" SP101 :mrgreen:

Just wait a couple of weeks for things to thaw out around here and I will post a few pics of my 'cue.

That oughta set things right :mrgreen:

Here's one from last year :

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b349/BigSlick10MM/RibsSausage1.jpg
________
OUTDOOR YOUNG (http://www.****tube.com/categories/815/young/videos/1)

mooman76
02-18-2007, 12:17 AM
Don't forget the venison!

MT Gianni
02-18-2007, 12:21 AM
Ah, 44 man, don't tell me you cook with mushroom soup! The cooks easiest way out and my personal opinion the ruination of most reciepes. Use a good roux. Gianni.

ron brooks
02-18-2007, 12:31 AM
BigSlick,

Nothing against Lemon Meriguine<sp?> pie, it's my mother's speciality, but for BBQ in Texas shouldn't it be Pecan Pie? :-)

Ron

BigSlick
02-18-2007, 12:37 AM
Yes it should, I just didn't cut a piece of that one yet. It was next :mrgreen:

The lemon meringue was made from scratch by one of my aunts and I hadn't had any in ages, so I grabbed a small piece while the getting was good.
________
UGGS (http://uggstoreshop.com/)

357maximum
02-18-2007, 12:44 AM
I still have about 8- 1 gallon bags of slightly de-hydrated then frozen black and white morels, not 2 rooms away from me.....nanner nanner nanner...

I use em in just about every pot of stuff I make, and seeing as how I am the official "iffin you kill you cook it" cook, and i do 99% of the killin, I do alot of the cooking.....I can smell that stew from here, smells right yummy....

jawjaboy
02-18-2007, 09:13 AM
Yes it should, I just didn't cut a piece of that one yet. It was next :mrgreen:

The lemon meringue was made from scratch by one of my aunts and I hadn't had any in ages, so I grabbed a small piece while the getting was good.

So, the pecan was the "chaser"? :mrgreen:

44man
02-18-2007, 09:32 AM
That "Q" looks great! I'm not much of a cook and don't even know how to make a roux. But this stew came out great. Actually, the meat was cooked first in it's juices, bacon grease, a little olive oil, onions, peppers, AND BEER, etc, then the vegetables were added and simmered. I fried the mushrooms in butter and added them and the soup at the last, then thickened with a little flour. My neighbor is 83 and I took her a container. She ate almost all of it until she was stuffed.
I used the meat from the lower legs and you all know how hard it is to get the tendons out, but it came out super tender.
A little off topic I guess but it was too cold in the garage to cast.

Freightman
02-18-2007, 10:55 AM
While I understand the spirit of your post, blatantly noting you are using morrels with your vension is just hitting below the belt. I'm having leftovers tonight, since I didn't cook, since I was at the gunshow picking up my new 32 H&R 4" SP101 :mrgreen:

Just wait a couple of weeks for things to thaw out around here and I will post a few pics of my 'cue.

That oughta set things right :mrgreen:

Here's one from last year :

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b349/BigSlick10MM/RibsSausage1.jpg

Which gunshow? I went yesterday to one here in town.

MT Gianni
02-18-2007, 09:09 PM
44 man, roux is equal parts toasted flour and grease, generally butter. Heat the flour to a slight brown and melt the butter in stirring constantly. When they are blended in a minute or two you can add liquid to what ever constincy you want. It is generally dumped in a pot to thicken and flavor. Gianni.

44man
02-18-2007, 11:42 PM
Sounds easy and good, thanks

Newtire
02-19-2007, 12:25 AM
I still have about 8- 1 gallon bags of slightly de-hydrated then frozen black and white morels, not 2 rooms away from me.....nanner nanner nanner...

We used to get lots of morels back along the Mississippi river bottoms in Northern Illinois. Had roast venison smothered in them and ate them lots in the spring. One year on a visit back to Illinois, my Mom said that I should take some morels back with me if I wanted. These were dried morels that were 18 yrs. old! Put em in water & they tasted like we just found them yesterday. She had strung them out on a thread in the sun & dried them. They were just stored in brown paper shopping bags under the steps. My Dad had found a whole boat full of them up at the Savanna Army Depot. Brings back the memories for sure.