PDA

View Full Version : Which Is Better 11th OR 12TH Edition

GRUMPA
11-13-2011, 07:03 PM
Until I got a hold of a project I really put off buying the Cartridges Of The World Books. I was going thru the net and on one of the reviews the owner gave away his 11th edition in anticipation of getting the 12th edition. Needless to say he was rather disappointed by the lack of some drawings.

So anyone out there have a preference?

And which is better the 11th or the 12th edition?
Is there any noticeable differences between the 2?

I'd appreciate the input....

shooter93
11-13-2011, 07:47 PM
I couldn't really say Grumpa as I don't buy that book very often but if you're interested in drawings and specs get a copy of both Donnelly's and Howe's books on cartridge conversions. For standard rounds Steve's pages has lots of drawings.

Blacksmith
11-13-2011, 08:22 PM
Grumpa

I have both and basically they are very similar so if you can only have one either will do and will be a good basic reference on many different cartridges. That being said each has some information not included in the other both in individual cartridges and in the articles about some cartridges that are included. There are some drawings in each but neither comes near having drawings of everything.

If you have a special interest in Dreyse Needle Guns, Eichelberger 10, 12 & 14 caliber, Chinese 5.8 x 42 mm, 6.8 mm SPC, or .50 BMG Wildcats then get the 11th Edition for the articles.

The 12th edition has an overview of ammunition and components and reloading tools (looks like what you would see in a gun mag pushing their advertisers) and an article on Mobilubricant.

Blacksmith