PDA

View Full Version : "you oughta post,shame on you"

TCFAN
02-16-2007, 06:14 PM
This is what Buckshot sent to me when I sent him a P.M. sbout hollow pointing a mold.I mentioned that I been a member of Castboolits for a year and had never made a post.Soooo...This is it.

First just a thank you for this web site and all the great people here.I feel like I know you all.

I have been doing the "sliver stream" since 1961 when I bought my first reloading equipment.Started with the 6.5x55 and two molds,266469 and 266324. Been hooked ever since.

Anyway thanks for all the knowledge and helpful hints.I thought I knew it all about casting boolits,but I found out that there is a lot I didn't know.
This is a great site and I am here every day when this old computer will work.Just don't get along very good with this keyboard.

Sorry to be so long winded. It won't happen again..............Terry

hornetguy
02-16-2007, 06:33 PM
After all this time, only three paragraphs?

you just naturally blabby, or what?

I'm sorta new here, too... welcome to the "vocal" side of the board. I might have to be askin you some questions... I'm gonna start casting for my 6.5 before long... I got one of the original "Oldfeller" molds when they were made, and haven't even heated it up yet.

again... welcome.

eka
02-16-2007, 07:05 PM
Good hearing from ya Terry. Like you, I come here everyday and always learn something. I guess it's kinda like my Dad says, "You can't learn anything, while you're talking". All joking aside, the knowlege base on this board is unbelievable and the manners and courtesy is outstanding as well.
Take care,

Keith

hpdrifter
02-16-2007, 08:14 PM
hello and welcome.

I"m kinda new to this casting and board myself. I only speak up when asking a question or I know some little tidbit someone might need, meaning not to often.

don't wait another year for your next post!

9.3X62AL
02-16-2007, 08:32 PM
Well, a belated WELCOME ABOARD is definitely in order here!

I'm not as masochistic as some members, I haven't tried the 6.5mm yet.......but am thinking about paper-patching some long 25 caliber slugs for grins one of these days to fit the Ruger/Swede. 22 centerfire is getting a second try, too--this after a 15 year hiatus (and former disappointment). 9mm and 40 S&W top out the Handgun Stress Infliction venue.

Navahojoe
02-17-2007, 12:17 AM
Welcome aboard TCFAN !
Pretty new to this site myself. Great bunch of folks here with a lot of knowledge.
regards,
NavahoJoe

Goatlips
02-17-2007, 12:30 AM
Another brain to pick! Welcome from an abecedarian... :drinks:

Goatlips

PPpastordon
02-17-2007, 07:23 AM
TCFAN;
Welcome aboard!
I think I did the same thing. Joined long ago and did not start posting until quite recently. I may of had a couple of early posts, but if so it was only 1 or 2.
So, does that name mean you like T/C's line of goods; or something else? In other words, tell us a little more about yourself.

Bret4207
02-17-2007, 08:02 AM
You know what they say- Any friend of Buckshots, probably has a strange rash someplace we'd rather not know about!

Welcome.

WHITETAIL
02-17-2007, 09:00 AM
TCFAN, Welcome to the forum.

birdhunters
02-17-2007, 09:52 AM
been there,done that, still doing it..Welcome TCFAN

hivoltfl
02-17-2007, 10:11 AM
Terry welcome to the site, I am a newby here too, glad to see you, I take your nick means you are a Thompson Center fan? If so what ya shoot? I own and shoot a boat load of T/C contender stuff,

Rick

9.3X62AL
02-17-2007, 12:09 PM
HEY! No rash here, you hairball. :-)

Bret4207
02-17-2007, 02:42 PM
No rash, but sources tell me you smell funny and have really long nostril hairs. Weird man!

9.3X62AL
02-17-2007, 02:55 PM
You need to hire better snitches. Truth is, I'm downright suave and debonaire.

TCFAN
02-17-2007, 03:12 PM
Terry welcome to the site, I am a newby here too, glad to see you, I take your nick means you are a Thompson Center fan? If so what ya shoot? I own and shoot a boat load of T/C contender stuff,

Rick

Yes I like the T/C Contender.At present time I only have one frame and 10 scoped barrels in 9 different cals.

Right now I have two different projects going. One is trying different wad cutters in my model 14 S&W. The other is working on 788 Rem. in 222 to get it to shoot 1 inch at 100 yds.cast.Thats why I sent a mold to Buckshot to be H.P.

Read a 3 part article on 22 cast bullets titled "Why Grown Men Cry",it was more on the 223,but thats close enough for me.It mentioned H.P. 22 bullets doing a little better than the solid point versions.There is alot of good info in the article.I think it was wrote by Beagle.

It will probably take the rest of the year to finish one or both projects especialy with this crazy Ozarks weather.....Terry

44man
02-17-2007, 03:32 PM
Deputy, thats "deboner"

Bret4207
02-17-2007, 05:53 PM
Whats "suave" mean? Sounds kinda like "swab". I know that means a Sailor on the town reeking of Old Spice and looking for the "Miss right for tonight". Being the edumacated guy you are Al, I figure you must mean "swa-vey". That describes me also, 'specially when I dig out my peach leisure suit, white platform shoes and that bottle of "Hai Karate" my Uncle Feebus gave me back in '73.

As for "debonaire", everyone knows thats whatcha call a guy who lost his fortune, but is happy anyways. "De" meaning to loose or reverse, "Bon" which is froggy for good and "Naire" which means filthy rich in Northern Redneck.

Deny what my source claims, but I have it on good authority that Deputy Al has chicken legs, needs a pedicure and has been know to pass gas in front of small, impressionable children. It's things like that that kept him from being a movie star like Mr.T or Sonny Bono or Lyle Wagoner.

robertbank
02-17-2007, 07:13 PM
Way to much information. There are things we rather just visualize.:mrgreen:

By the way welcome to the forum TCFAN. Most of the guys here seldom wet the bed often enough to need a shower once a week but swimming in a local creek is encouraged.:drinks:

Take Care

Bob

Poohgyrr
02-17-2007, 07:54 PM
Welcome to TCFAN, and if you've been casting that long then you have to know more than me. So feel free to post and share stuff.

And for you other guys, there are some things I'd rather not visualize... :roll:

[smilie=1: