PDA

View Full Version : Star Luber

02-16-2007, 01:37 PM
You That Have One Knows Air In Side The Cylinder Is Bad Lubing Untill Is Gets Out. I Was Thinking Fo Trying To Stick The Lube Stick In , Turn On The Lube Heater , With Out Putting The Plunger In. Wait And See If It Would Melt Or Sqush Down Pushing Out The Aoe Then Puting The Plunger In. What Do You Think? For You That Melt Factory Hard Lube Or Make Your Own And Pore In In To Sticks What Do You Use And How Do You Get It Out? Thanks

454PB
02-16-2007, 02:12 PM
I haven't found trapped air to be a problem in my Star, but if you wanted to eliminate any possibility, the best way is to melt it, then pour it in. If the lube is already in the reservoir and you want to release any trapped air, I would think the best way is to remove the pressure plunger and heat up the reservoir.

02-16-2007, 02:33 PM
I Hace Found The Traped Air Can Be Gotten Out By Putting A Bullet Nose Up, The Wrong Way. It Makes The Lube Gust Out. Then Do A Couple The Right Way Then Try It Again. All The Tine Keeping Presure On The Spring. This Will Let The Air Gust Out At Once. I Fought With The Air At First And Now This Gets Rid Of It Fast.

cbrick
02-16-2007, 05:45 PM
686, listen to 454PB, he knows of what he speaks.

A word of caution however, get the star just a little too hot and the lube will literally flow out the bottom. Been there, done that [smilie=1:, what a mess.

Rick