PDA

View Full Version : Where do ya get some of this stuff?

mugsie
02-16-2007, 12:52 PM
Where does one find antimony? Tin? Arsenic? Where are some of these materials located as a source? Tin, WW, lead can all be had but arsenic?

Scrounger
02-16-2007, 01:13 PM
Where does one find antimony? Tin? Arsenic? Where are some of these materials located as a source? Tin, WW, lead can all be had but arsenic?

Hard shot (Shotgun) has Arsenic in it. Felix can tell you how much to put into X amount of lead, it isn't very much. A 25 pound bag would last a long time. Try to find reclaimed shot. There is a fellow called The Antimony Man who sells, guess what, Antimony. http://www.theantimonyman.com/ Antimony and tin are available in linotype which isn't too hard to find, print shops used to use lots of it. Find an old print shop. Tin is available from solder or from radiator shops.

357maximum
02-16-2007, 01:16 PM

antimony= magnum lead shot for shotgun handloading/ and wheel weights/ solder/type metals

tin=/pure from midway or the net somewhere / or in the form of solder I use 95/5 plumbers solder occasionally, it works well and is free to me in the quantities I need and it supplies my antimony too / also in the type alloys

arsenic= forget the pure form too dangerous to melt in..get it from magnum shot, and wheelweights.

Your thinking too hard

I normally do not need more than ww/pure lead waterquenched at a BHn hardness of 19 to 21 .......1 week after casting, and I try some stuff that many would deem stupid with cast. I sometimes use spiced up mixes, but only when trying real stupid sh!.

Bass Ackward
02-16-2007, 01:53 PM
Cheapest place for tin I have found is off of Bill. $5 / lb.

He is a member here, vp146b4

Dale53
02-16-2007, 06:09 PM
I have just received shipment from Bill (vp146b4) of 25# of tin. He is a nice guy to do business with. He sells it for $5.00 per lb plus shipping. However, the shipping can be in a flat rate box. I think my shipping was something like $.34 a lb. So, delivered to your door is something like $5.34 a lb for pure tin. Today, that is a real bargain.

Dale53

randyrat
02-16-2007, 07:49 PM
WWs have enough arsinic & antimony for any batch,,,,,Tin= buy some scrap from a radiator repair shop( scrap out of their quench/cooling tank usually 60lead/40tin'''''' offer then $10 and a new metal can to use for more scrap...Or if money is not a problem buy 60/40 soldering wire- 1 lb =$10-$15..... One pail of scrap should be enough tin for about 20/10lb or 200 lbs (aprox) batches of quality bullets.