PDA

View Full Version : Movember

Norbrat
11-10-2011, 09:04 AM
Not sure if this is in the right place or appropriate, but here goes:

As the demography of this group seems to be largely gentlemen who are in the prime of life, but whose maturity may be causing some issues with their plumbing (you know, donuts to bagels, etc), you may be interested in helping my son get rid of the dead rat under his nose.

He has been gallivanting around in Canada, the USA and Europe for just over a year, is currently living and working in London, but in the meantime has forgotten to shave his upper lip.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/imagehosting/109144ebbc811668b4.jpg

As Movember has come around, I suggested he sacrifice his soup strainer for a good cause, and he has registered with Movember to raise funds for research and support for male health.

This is the link to his registration http://uk.movember.com/mospace/2590536/

He is hoping to raise £1,000, so if anyone here would like to make a small donation, it would be greatly appreciated.

Please be aware that it costs about $1.60 to buy £1.00, so don't get caught thinking you are donating $1 by putting £1 in on the website; it will cost you $1.60.

Thank you all in advance for your generosity, and I hope that in the future we men can have the same support for our medical issues that women have been successfully campaigning for for decades. :-D

KYCaster
11-10-2011, 08:02 PM
Michael Caine is your son????

COOL!! :drinks:

Jerry (I thought he'd look older than that by now. [smilie=1:)

fallout4x4
11-10-2011, 08:17 PM
One of our local radio stations has a large team participating in Movember. Its a great cause and one that is up close and personal to me as my father died of prostate cancer. Tell your son you are not the only one proud of him and I hope he does great.

Triggerhappy
11-11-2011, 03:12 AM
Just what's so wrong with a mustache? Check out my avatar....

Triggerhappy
11-11-2011, 03:13 AM
Just means you can't eat wide food, but have to eat long food....

;^)

Th

Norbrat
11-11-2011, 07:57 AM
Just what's so wrong with a mustache? Check out my avatar....

Absolutely nothing!!

I didn't mind at all that Martin decided to grow his mo. But I figured that after a year of having fun travelling and partying, I suggested it was time for him to "give something back" and with close to 800 Facebook "friends", he should be able to raise a reasonable sum.

Besides, he can always grow it back! :D

Thank you for you kind words, fallout, he's not a bad young bloke. Pity he doesn't have any real interest in shooting!

I'm sorry for the loss of your father. My father is also having prostate issues, but fortunately it all seems benign. My uncle has had prostrate surgery and our close family has had a rough trot with terminal cancer, including pancreatic, bowel, lung, Ewing Sarcoma and breast, so it does touch a nerve.

A pity our governments are more willing to have their snouts in the trough than support medical research :x

hiram1
11-11-2011, 08:55 PM
wide food or long food yes i have seen it all now.how funny is that.

Middle of nowhere, northern Idaho.i just wish i was there.i miss idaho and the snow and all the little wood river