PDA

View Full Version : My brother Rick

roysha
11-10-2011, 04:13 AM
I lost my younger brother Rick, yesterday after a long fight with esophageal cancer. He was just shy of 62 years old. He was "right" with God so that eases the pain a bit.

I have so much I would like to say but the tears won't let me let me type since I use the "hunt-n-peck" method. He probably would not want much said anyway because he was a very quiet and private kind of man.

We loved our 44 Magnum Smiths and, for many, many years, Budweiser.

We had one tradition that started sometime 20+ years ago for who knows what reason. We called it "making noise". At the end of each shooting session we would load up 6 rounds and fire them as fast as we could with no intention of hitting anything except the ground down range. We would have a good laugh and then get serious about the Budweiser.

So today, I'm going out behind the barn and "make some noise" even though it will only be half as much and not anywhere near the fun. Probably buy a six-pack of Bud for old times sake.

Rick buddy, I love you and miss you so much. Thank you for being my brother and best friend these many years and I hope God will let you "make noise" once in a while.

hardcase54
11-10-2011, 04:47 AM
Sorry for your loss, lost my bud 35 yrs ago and it still hurts.

Dean D.
11-10-2011, 06:59 AM
My condolences Roysha. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Rest in Peace Rick.

Bret4207
11-10-2011, 07:16 AM
I'm really sorry for your loss. Cherish the good memories.

P.K.
11-10-2011, 08:45 AM
Fair Skies Rick.

mroliver77
11-10-2011, 12:31 PM
My condolences roysha.
When we know our loved ones went home it softens the blow some but it is still a giant hurt. You and yours are in my prayers. I will rip off some rounds for him in NW OH too!
Jay

gray wolf
11-11-2011, 01:59 PM
You have my utmost condolence for your loss, --very sorry to hear about it.

Sam

swheeler
11-11-2011, 02:38 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss, God bless all. I too, lost my 67 year old brother a couple years ago, it cuts deep but with Gods grace we carry on.

plmitch
11-12-2011, 10:54 PM
My condolences

MT Gianni
11-15-2011, 10:43 PM
You have my sympathy.

Bob Krack
11-21-2011, 05:58 PM
Wish I could say something to ease the pain - but the Lord gives and the Lord takes away.

Losing a parent (usually inevitable), a sibling, or a spouse are truly heartbreaking.. The only thing that hurts worse is losing an offspring.

Not much help in my saying that, but I hope it doesn't eat at you too much.

Bob