PDA

View Full Version : Holy Sh*t!!

Gussy
02-14-2007, 03:06 PM
I thought I was running my computer. I had a minor problem and decided Norton might not be doing it's job. I down loaded "Spy Dr" and it found 108 spys/trojans. This machine may speed back up now. Norton will NOT be reupped.
Gus

45nut
02-14-2007, 03:26 PM
Norton seems to be a resource hog as well...eating your available ram and making your machine sluggish.

I use AVG,,and run spybot and Ad-aware

JeffinNZ
02-14-2007, 05:19 PM
God bless you Gussy for believing in Norton. :-D

Someone told me Norton wasn't worth a nob of goat sh*t but I said it was.......hahaha.

AVG is better and FREE.

Nueces
02-14-2007, 07:01 PM
God Bless all you PC users for taking the heat off us Mac folks. :drinks:

RayinNH
02-14-2007, 09:09 PM
My next computer is going to be a Mac as well.My son bought a Mac laptop, what a slick machine, far better than this Windows based thing I'm using...Ray

Skrenos
02-14-2007, 10:11 PM
"Spyware Doctor" has some bad reviews at being a resource hog. At first it runs ok, then slowly drains your resources. Reviews state that it even causes slowdowns on computers with 2GB of RAM.

http://fileforum.betanews.com/review/1087491686/1/view

Gussy
02-15-2007, 11:57 AM
thanks for the info. I'm still in trial mode and haven't purchased.
Gus

Jetwrench
02-16-2007, 12:01 AM
Not to be a hijacker here but what about Trend Micro PC-cillin? It came with my new dell laptop. JETWRENCH

Gunload Master
02-16-2007, 12:15 AM
I think they all do a fair job, what it comes down to is personal preference. I've installed Norton on machines with people really enjoying it, i've also installed Mcafee on people's machines with people liking it.. Norton usually looks more like it's doing something rather than mcafee, But mcafee does a great job and just learks in the background. Me personally I have used Mcafee for years with great success and believe in their products. Norton being second choice. I still will use Spybot and Ad-aware for sure and have introduced those products to many people with great success.