PDA

View Full Version : Home Invasions

Jamesconn
11-04-2011, 06:23 PM
They have happened in my neighborhood and to people I know personally.
One of my friends was babysitting when the house was being broken into thank God they are all ok.
Not everybody is as lucky some are shot raped or beatin to death.

My heart is sick I want peace but that's never gonna happen so I want to blow the ******** away.
Guns don't do any good if your not carrying and you walk in when it's happening if you don't have CCW and/or your not carrying do it to protect your loved ones.

WOMEN are the most important the invasions that happened in my neighborhood they waited till the woman was alone and they broke in and beat them.
I urge you to do whatever possible to get your wives, daughters, and sisters to carry my cousin was beaten to death with a pipe wrench by her ex-husband she was a great person to everybody I did not know her that we'll she was a bit older and lived in another state.
My heart is sick of this killing of innocents.

Nobody should have to go through the brutal death of family member; arm your selfs and arm the women.

MtGun44
11-04-2011, 08:32 PM
The world would be a better place if more of the good people were armed. Unfortunately, most
women tend to be predisposed to "go along, get along" more than fight. This is their nature,
and it is generally a good thing. Of course, it is not true of all women. My wife has a gun and
carries some times, better than nothing.

Sorry about your cousin.

Bill

Love Life
11-04-2011, 09:04 PM
I understand you are angry, but don't do anything drastic. What you have to do is get the knowledge out there. Knowledge is power. Teach the women in your life to defen themselves and you will be able to put your mind at rest.

11-04-2011, 09:18 PM
Many of my female friends carry constantly. Carrying prevented one from being mugged or worse.

Sonnypie
11-04-2011, 10:48 PM
James,
My youngest Son went through a home invasion. But the outcome was tragic for many.
The perps beat the 17 year old son of his girlfriend's head in with an aluminum baseball bat. He is a young man now, stuck in the body of a 13-18 month old mentality. He lived, but for what?
My son managed to get to his gun safe (required here), unlock it, get to a 9mm Browning High Power I had given him 4 months earlier.
He shot a total of 8 shots. 1 hit the front left tire of his 4X4 and they found the bullet inside the flat tire.
5 shots hit the legs of one of the guys, and another of them hit the second in the buttocks.
The last shot he fired took the heart out of the guy shot in the rump. He dropped dead two steps after.
The one shot in the legs bled out and was pronounced DOA.
8 shots fired, 7 hits, two dead criminals. (6 of the shots were inside the house, 2 outside)
The one (Number 3 of the trio) who had a 12 gauge (that the police believe was stolen from a 80 year old man who was a victim of 3 thugs who broke in, beat him so severely he was still in the hospital at the time two weeks later), managed to outrun his dead friends.
But he was caught later. He's still in prison now.
The killings were deemed self defense.

But the downward spiral had begun. The Son and his Girlfriend attempted suicide several months later. Split up, and she took everything they had acquired while he was still in the hospital.
I could not convince him to leave that town.
5 years after, he killed a guy in a 3-way triangle with a knife. Slit the guys throat.
He's doing 15 years for second degree murder.

I'll be 75 when he gets out, IF I'm still alive.

You are growing up in a far, far different world than what I grew up in. People use to rob folks back then, not as much, but the crimes were no where near as violent as they are today.
Since I was a much younger man, people started robbing and killing the victim. Leave no witnesses behind was and is the mentality today.
Violence is becoming much worse in the world you are growing up in.
The World is Rabid.

All I can tell you is to Prepare for the Worst, Hope for the Best, and try to live in between.
All signs are: It is only going to get worse.
So be prepared, but live a good life. Be a Good Friend and a Good Neighbor. Those are really the only things that you personally can change.

Charlie Two Tracks
11-05-2011, 10:33 AM
All I can tell you is to Prepare for the Worst, Hope for the Best, and try to live in between.
All signs are: It is only going to get worse.
So be prepared, but live a good life. Be a Good Friend and a Good Neighbor. Those are really the only things that you personally can change Very good. Something to remember.

Bad Water Bill
11-05-2011, 11:16 AM
They buried a 14 year old girl here in Illinois yesterday. She came home to find a an ANIMAL in the house. The killer stabbed her 20 times. Luckily he is now behind bars and should stay there till they bury him.

Echo
11-05-2011, 12:36 PM
I am flamin' tired of animals being put away for life, at our expense. Makes work for the penal institutions, makes the weak sisters happy, but costs money, and has little deterrent value. Not that a death sentence seems to have much deterrent value, but at least it would keep the overcrowding down.

Bad Water Bill
11-05-2011, 01:01 PM
Unfortunately here in Illinois one of our governors (the one currently in prison) did away with the death penalty. But even with it John Wayne Gacy fed off the public for over 20 + years even after they dug ? bodies out of his basement. I think they recovered over 20 bodies and yet he kept us paying for lawyers for the defense and prosecution.

By the way another governor will be sharing a cell with him shortly.

P.K.
11-05-2011, 01:28 PM
Unfortunately here in Illinois one of our governors (the one currently in prison) did away with the death penalty. But even with it John Wayne Gacy fed off the public for over 20 + years even after they dug ? bodies out of his basement. I think they recovered over 20 bodies and yet he kept us paying for lawyers for the defense and prosecution.

By the way another governor will be sharing a cell with him shortly.

BWB, he was convicted of 33 murders and they found 26 in his home. Like many others (Green River) the compleat body count may never be known.

Catshooter
11-05-2011, 06:41 PM
Good advice given here, but it's usually a wasted effort. Roughly four to six percent of our population has permits. Out of that, how many carry? And out of that, how many carry 100% of the time?

The last figure is unknown, but it has to be tiny. Even amoungst us on this forum you'll find lots who don't carry or carry some mouse gun.

Most people refuse to learn from others' mistakes. Seems like a most painless way to learn to me.

Oh well. For the vast majority zero gun is all they'll ever need to keep breathing. Not everyone is so lucky though.

I personally have had to depend on a firearm for my life (or the lives of others), and more than once. So you can try to catch me un-armed but you've much better odds of winning a PowerBall.

Cat

Blacksmith
11-05-2011, 08:07 PM
Want people to carry 100% of the time? Just let them live for years in in a state that won't let anyone carry. If I could I surely would, just give me the chance.

Blacksmith

Trey45
11-05-2011, 08:19 PM
Daily ritual, get up, shower, shave, dress, slip a J frame and pocket holster in my pocket. Every day.

P.K.
11-05-2011, 10:05 PM
Daily ritual, get up, shower, shave, dress, slip a J frame and pocket holster in my pocket. Every day.

I'll add. Switch it up, your commute, where you shop where you bank(Diff. locations) and where you eat out at.

Folks, a crook is an opertunist, he'll study his prey. If he finds a formula he'll exploit it. So switch it up and you become "unpredictable" in his eye and therefore unexploitable. Carrying is not the end all, it's a factor. You all have to be proactive too in your defense. Scan, know your surroundings. Look for deficiancies, what is out of place. The one thing a crimial hates is an alert individual. He/she notices they are being studied, they rabbit. In most cases never to return. An active offens is the best defense. ;-)

Grant44Mag
11-05-2011, 10:39 PM
Im sorry for all of the folks that have lost loved ones due to criminal activity. However I have heard that folks that reload bullets can be held more responsible in cival sutes due to the fact that they make their own bullets. That a bullet maker knows more about ammo and that knowing the proper bullets to use in a home invasion makes you the perpretrator. I know it sounds stupid, but most of my reloading is for Varmints with frangible bullets. And therfore according to some laws,I could be held more responsible for a death in a home invasion due to the fact that I knew what the rounds would do upon striking a person. So, Do some of you keep factory loaded rounds in your weapon of defense just for this reason? Are you not worried and use home made bullets and dont worry about it? This has always been a interesting subject for me. My thoughts are.. If a intruder is in my home and looking like he intends to do bodily harm, I grab whatever is handy. How do you feel?

waksupi
11-05-2011, 11:23 PM
Im sorry for all of the folks that have lost loved ones due to criminal activity. However I have heard that folks that reload bullets can be held more responsible in cival sutes due to the fact that they make their own bullets. That a bullet maker knows more about ammo and that knowing the proper bullets to use in a home invasion makes you the perpretrator. I know it sounds stupid, but most of my reloading is for Varmints with frangible bullets. And therfore according to some laws,I could be held more responsible for a death in a home invasion due to the fact that I knew what the rounds would do upon striking a person. So, Do some of you keep factory loaded rounds in your weapon of defense just for this reason? Are you not worried and use home made bullets and dont worry about it? This has always been a interesting subject for me. My thoughts are.. If a intruder is in my home and looking like he intends to do bodily harm, I grab whatever is handy. How do you feel?

Don't even start up on that topic here, Grant. We have kicked that false theory in the butt so much, it can't sit down! It's a non-starter. Do some searching, there are several old hashes, and re-hashes. Ol' Masaad was talking out of his butt when he brought that up, and there has never been a case where it was a factor.

Adam10mm
11-05-2011, 11:32 PM
Way too small. I recommend something that will impress the coroner.

Bad Water Bill
11-05-2011, 11:37 PM
When I took my CCW class the instructor was a lawyer with over 20 years in Califonia. He was FRIEND OF THE COURT in more cases than he wanted to remember. "there has never been a single case where that question has come up and they do NOT want to ask that question". That statement started from an east coast wanabee LEO.

Load em and use them

Just remember that in this day and court system you are the bad guy when you defend your life as even the deceased's grand children will try to sue you for everything you will ever own.

Personally I would rather be in court worrying how I am going to pay the bills than have friends close the lid and throw DIRT over me.

OBIII
11-05-2011, 11:51 PM
They buried a 14 year old girl here in Illinois yesterday. She came home to find a an ANIMAL in the house. The killer stabbed her 20 times. Luckily he is now behind bars and should stay there till they bury him.

And he's not buried why? There is no death penalty deterrent because there may as well not be one. Anywhere from 10 to over 20 years on death row, getting 3 hots and a cot, where's the deterrent? I'm not saying that if someone is "accused" that they should be taken out and shot, but when there are multiple witnesses, video tape, confessions, why "Death Sentence", but then 10+ years of appeals?

Some cases deserve further review, but if it's cut and dried, c'mon.

Storydude
11-06-2011, 02:05 AM
Want people to carry 100% of the time? Just let them live for years in in a state that won't let anyone carry. If I could I surely would, just give me the chance.

Blacksmith
:agree: :agree: I lived in Nazi York for almost 20 years. I got my permit at 22(took over a year...:rolleyes: ) and even with permit, I was treated like a criminal any time a cop saw the firearm.

now I live in AZ, where guns on hips ans hidden are a fact of life.
:mrgreen:

Change J frame to 1911 or G30 and It's the same.

Don't even start up on that topic here, Grant. We have kicked that false theory in the butt so much, it can't sit down! It's a non-starter. Do some searching, there are several old hashes, and re-hashes. Ol' Masaad was talking out of his butt when he brought that up, and there has never been a case where it was a factor.
"Of course I made ammo more deadly. It's a gun. I want it to work as intended."
:castmine:

And he's not buried why? There is no death penalty deterrent because there may as well not be one. Anywhere from 10 to over 20 years on death row, getting 3 hots and a cot, where's the deterrent? I'm not saying that if someone is "accused" that they should be taken out and shot, but when there are multiple witnesses, video tape, confessions, why "Death Sentence", but then 10+ years of appeals?

Some cases deserve further review, but if it's cut and dried, c'mon.

Bullet in head after 3rd appeal, bill family for the bullet.

Grant44Mag
11-06-2011, 08:12 PM
Waksupi.. I only wrote about possible problems that could happen in a cival suite that I have read about. Wether its true or not I dont know, and hope that I dont need to find out. I was commenting on posts from other sites that were frequented by former LEO's. The usiing factory ammo was "their" suggestion. I have had no experience in needing to defend My life. and hope that I dont have to. Please dont let My sharing of what Ive read tick you off. I was just posing possible problems that may arise from a shifty lawyer.

waksupi
11-06-2011, 08:40 PM
Waksupi.. I only wrote about possible problems that could happen in a cival suite that I have read about. Wether its true or not I dont know, and hope that I dont need to find out. I was commenting on posts from other sites that were frequented by former LEO's. The usiing factory ammo was "their" suggestion. I have had no experience in needing to defend My life. and hope that I dont have to. Please dont let My sharing of what Ive read tick you off. I was just posing possible problems that may arise from a shifty lawyer.

Grant, not offended whatsoever, it is just this has been discussed by the lawyers and LEO's on this board, and no one ever came up with such a problem or case, and Masaad is the only one who has ever suggested it, to sell magazines. Try Ayoob or Masaad for a search perameter on here, you will find some interesting reading.

Grant44Mag
11-06-2011, 08:50 PM
Thanks for the info waksupi.

Catshooter
11-06-2011, 09:41 PM

A J frame. With no intent to flame you Trey, would I be correct in guessing that there has never been an oppertunity for the J frame, in your hands, to actually save someone's life?

I guess that because I rarely ever read of someone who carries a mouse gun who has actually had to use one. Mouse guns are wonderful for everything about a carry gun, right up until it's needed. I'd sure take one over a harsh look, but that's about it.

In my book even a .357 in a J frame qualifies as a mouse gun. Low capacity, slow to reload, bad-to-horrible sights and lots of jump.

In my experience and the experiences of most others once you've needed a gun, anything less than a real one just won't do.

Just a word to the wise. . . :)

Cat

beagle
11-06-2011, 09:46 PM
Had a loud beating at the door a couple of months ago at 3:30 in the morning. Got up, went to the door with my 9mm HP in hand, turned on the light and looked through the peephole. It was two deputy sheriffs looking for someone. They saw the HP in my hip pocket but never said a word.

The way it ought to be./beagle

Adam10mm
11-06-2011, 09:48 PM
Catshooter, I disagree. A .38 Spl from a J frame is plenty enough to kill. Ballistically it's similar to a 9mm, which has been effectively killing humans since it was developed in 1902.

If it's such a mouse gun, would you let someone shoot you in the chest at close range with a 2 inch .38 Special? I think not.

Stephen Cohen
11-06-2011, 10:11 PM
My deepest sympathy for all the pain and hurt expressed on these pages. But you can be thankfull you dont live in this country, where the use of a firearm will almost garentee you go to jail. Our legal system likes to give out good behavior bonds with no conviction recorded, and then wonder why crime is getting worse.

crowbuster
11-06-2011, 11:12 PM
My wife and I were talking of this very subject tonight. I have said for many years, bring back public hangings, the crime rate will plummet.

kmag
11-07-2011, 12:07 AM
Catshooter, are you aware that less than 30 years ago almost all law enforcement agencies used 38 spec. as their duty pistols and about all plain clothed personnel and officers were armed with j frame snubs. I don't think they felt underarmed if they knew how to shoot. Of course you had the Illinois State Police that adopted the Smith 39. 9mm, in about 1969. If you ever read their staff study and report to adopt it you would laugh. In their tests they had it penetrating better then the 357. They didn't mention that one was using lubaloy(sp?) and the other jacketed rounds. They rejected the 45 acp outright because it was single action only. They also had Winchester make a 100 gr. bullet for them. It was a hoot of a study and evaluation. I saw a lot of people who were shot with j frame and airweight 38's and it took the fight out of them, if they in fact lived. Saw one subject who was shot in the center of the chest with a 110 gr. Super Vel and he was dead with blood coming from his eyes, ears and mouth. Wasn't at the autopsy, but he may had blood coming out of all the other orifices in his body. I would not sell the little j frame short if the shoot is in a vital zone, and a miss does no damage. Doesn't matter if it is from a 22 rim fire or a quad 40. I've seen more people killed with 22's than any other cal. Perhaps it because more people own them.

Recluse
11-07-2011, 05:59 AM
A J frame. With no intent to flame you Trey, would I be correct in guessing that there has never been an oppertunity for the J frame, in your hands, to actually save someone's life?

I guess that because I rarely ever read of someone who carries a mouse gun who has actually had to use one. Mouse guns are wonderful for everything about a carry gun, right up until it's needed. I'd sure take one over a harsh look, but that's about it.

In my book even a .357 in a J frame qualifies as a mouse gun. Low capacity, slow to reload, bad-to-horrible sights and lots of jump.

In my experience and the experiences of most others once you've needed a gun, anything less than a real one just won't do.

Just a word to the wise. . . :)

Cat

I carried one of these for a few years.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/imagehosting/thum_73384e27c17549566.jpg (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=1521)

So if you carried anything less than a Remington 870 Chipmunk made for the U.S. Marshals, I guess you were carrying "anything less than a real gun" and that just won't do.

Of course, the Mossad never seemed to have a problem carrying their silenced Beretta .22LR handguns. . . and they left a trail of dead bodies behind.

For decades, the FBI trusted their .38 Specials as did the majority of law enforcement all across America.

We didn't have any problems issuing .38 Special revolvers to our aircrews as part of their survival kit for decade after decade.

I watched a 250lb outlaw biker go down from two shots out of a Walther .380. Must've been a fluke--OR it could've been that the AUSA who did the shooting was also a former Marine and knew how and when to shoot and all about shot placement.

My cousin the retired homicide detective lost count of the number of stiffs he saw that assumed morgue temperature as a result of being violated by .22LR, .25ACP and .32 caliber projectiles.

Carry what makes YOU comfortable, but it's extremely bad form to try and tell someone that their centerfire cartridge and firearm of choice is worthless.

You're not the only one on this forum who's had to use a gun to defend his/her/someone's life.

:coffee:

MtJerry
11-07-2011, 08:55 AM
There is NO DOUBT in my mind that if this boolit from my Ruger LCR (38 Special) finds you ... it WILL ruin your day!!

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f17/MtJerry/DSCF0677.jpg

Jim
11-07-2011, 09:03 AM
.....Carry what makes YOU comfortable, but it's extremely bad form to try and tell someone that their centerfire cartridge and firearm of choice is worthless.....

I agree. Simply put, that insults a man's intelligence, knowledge and taste in firearms.

Janoosh
11-07-2011, 09:35 AM
Absolute Newbee here and if I may chime in. As I live in NY state, pistol permits are available. But you must play the "game". Outside of NY City, permits can be obtained. It is "how" you need to carry that is heavily regulated AND confusing. But... As Me and My peer group say "Any gun in hand is way better than None in hand".

Bad Water Bill
11-07-2011, 10:08 AM
In the last couple months someone at cast boolits posted results by caliber (22 short thru 45 colt +?) of how many rounds put the remains on the coroners table.

IIRC it was 1.1 rounds from a 22 short or 1.2 from a 44 mag. Shot placement is always important. Carry what ever you are confident AND proficient with.

Practice practice practice then do it over one more time. :Fire::Fire::Fire:

Catshooter
11-07-2011, 07:20 PM
Trey,

I have no intention of casting aspersions on your intelligence. If you took my comments that way I apologise. The same applies to anyone here who felt that way.

Having been so thouroghly out-voted I shall retire to my corner and lick my wounds like a real man.

Cat

Blacksmith
11-07-2011, 08:56 PM
+1 on the public hanging. Some of the other old punishments bear reviving as well. Did you know the whipping post was leagle in Delaware untill 1972.

The whipping post and pillory have a long history in Delaware. Whipping was first sanctioned as a form of punishment in 1717. By the 1840s, there was some opposition to its use and many thought reforms were needed. The Legislature did revise the code and in 1852 there was a provision that no more than sixty lashes or more than one hour in the pillory would be executed for all sentences combined. The code also stated that whippings were to be well laid on the bare back and in public with the post and pillory near the jail of each county. The pillory was abolished in 1905, but the whipping post was law until 1972. The post was last used as a form of punishment in 1952.

Somehow Lindsy Lohan's repeatedly being sentenced to jail only to be released within hours does not seem to be working as a way of preventing her recidivism.

Maryland, perhaps the next to last state to use flogging, moved more quickly than Delaware to eradicate whippings. In 1882 Maryland changed its code so that only one offense, wife-beating, called for whipping and/or imprisonment. The last time a corporal punishment sentence was handed down in Cecil County was December 1940 when the Circuit Court ordered that a 42-year carpenter convicted of wife-beating serve 60-days in the jail and receive ten lashes at the whipping post. A local newspaper, the Cecil Democrat, remarked that this was the first time in 46-years that a person was sentenced to the whipping post in Cecil. The cat-o-nine-tails were wielded by Sheriff David Randolph, who carried out the punishment in public. The whip was apparently last used on the Western Shore in Prince Georges County in 1945 when Judge Marbury ordered lashes for a prisoner. A Frederick County magistrate in 1952 ordered ten lashes for a defendant but Governor McKeldin pardoned the “barbarous and inhumane” punishment.

Blacksmith

Love Life
11-07-2011, 09:05 PM
Carry what you are both comfortable and PROFICIENT with. Like I have said on other threads concerning personal defense. Most people don't like having holes poked in them no matter what the size. Sure other guns have more knockdown power than others, but a good shot to the golden triangle, aorta, solar plexus, heart, liver, etc will do a very good job. Shots through the stomach and fleshy parts of extremities not so much. If you can't get to the vitals shoot major bones like elbows, knees, pelvis, femurs, etc. What many fail to understand is the human body is a wild card for the most part, but there are certain parts that make it very hard to function and fight effectively if shot by just about anything.

Grant44Mag
11-07-2011, 09:27 PM
I just cant imagine having to carry a firearm to feel safe? But perhaps its coming. As stirct as USSR of CA is I still have not felt the need for Carrying a firearm. Personnaly I have never had an experience that would require it. Im not saying that Im against it, just have never felt the need to carry I guess? Interesting views.

Bad Water Bill
11-07-2011, 09:42 PM
There are many places here in Chicago land I will NOT venture into nor will I think about going fishing after dark anywhere here. Now If I drive just 6-10 miles I can go grocery shopping. fishing fixing a flat tire etc without worrying. Why is that you ask? Well I will be in Indiana where my constitutional rights ARE recognized and I can protect myself and loved ones.

badbob454
11-07-2011, 10:20 PM
strive for peace ,prepare for war /// if a religious person the bible talks of the last days ; where people will be lovers of themselves at 2nd timothy 3;1-7 3 But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2*For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, self-assuming, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, 3*having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, 4*betrayers, headstrong, puffed up [with pride], lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, 5*having a form of godly devotion but proving false to its power; and from these turn away. 6*For from these arise those men who slyly work their way into households and lead as their captives weak women loaded down with sins, led by various desires, 7*always learning and yet never able to come to an accurate knowledge of truth.
we see all these signs today

Ickisrulz
11-08-2011, 12:19 AM
strive for peace ,prepare for war /// if a religious person the bible talks of the last days ; where people will be lovers of themselves at 2nd timothy 3;1-7 3 But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2*For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, self-assuming, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, 3*having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, 4*betrayers, headstrong, puffed up [with pride], lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, 5*having a form of godly devotion but proving false to its power; and from these turn away. 6*For from these arise those men who slyly work their way into households and lead as their captives weak women loaded down with sins, led by various desires, 7*always learning and yet never able to come to an accurate knowledge of truth.
we see all these signs today

We have been in the Last Days for the last 2000 years. Not much difference between today and the Apostle Paul's time.

ErikO
11-09-2011, 04:33 PM
If the apostles carried swords everywhere they went, why shouldn't we? They had a much better medical plan...

Honestly, I wouldn't be here posting if 2-3 'needy fellows' didn't decide they needed my flat panel tv and Wii more than we did. Fortunately, they beat feet when my wife and son got home...

Up to that point, my wife did not see a need for a gun in the house. Now, she enjoys few things more than sending 20-30 230gr beauties through the X of a target at 15 yards. She should change targets more often, but she says that she likes to wreck the center on man-shaped targets. Who am I to tell her different. ;) She also feels that .45 ACP is a true woman's bullet and anything less would be unladylike. Again, I have no cause to argue with her. lol

She has been the victem of rape while she was in college before we met. Somehow I don't see that happening to her ever again and if anyone tried they would not get to try twice.

MtGun44
11-10-2011, 02:24 PM
Carrying a gun needs to be just like wearing seat belts. You cannot predict when or where
you will be in an accident any more than you can predict when or where you will be assaulted
by some violent predator. I truly hope never to need to use a gun in self defense, but if
it happens, I plan on winning.

Bill

Freightman
11-10-2011, 03:52 PM
A friend of mine was sitting in his living room with his 3 year old son when the door burst open and a man with a 8" knife came running in. My friend triple tapped him in the center of the chest with a .380, the man dropped like a rock, knife fell within 2' of his son. Police were called and my friend only said two words "castle law" police removed the refuse and told my friend that he would have to give an official statement which he did. The man was a drug dealer that got the wrong street but right address, but my friend ended up selling and moving because the drug addicts that threatened him. Invade the wrong home and it will send you to the judgement where there is no plea bargains.

Adam10mm
11-11-2011, 01:12 AM
^ Yep and people wonder why I carry in my home with the doors locked. Just in case stuff like that happens.

PatMarlin
11-11-2011, 02:36 AM
Man that's horrible Freightman.

I remember growing up in the 60's in our residential track home at about 8 years old. Was watching TV with my sis mom and dad. A guy tried to bust in the front door, and even though that house was armed to the gills, my dad didn't have time to grab a firearm, and held against the door until the guy gave up. Enough to freak out some little kids.

The good thing about living on land is you have security zones protected by early warning systems- DOGS. And with the baddest dog in the house, you have plenty of time to get ready. Darn glad I don't live in the city anymore.

TRX
11-16-2011, 04:45 AM

It has happened to ME. Which is why we now have steel drop bars on both outside doors and firearms near to hand.

In my case, it was the local PD, complete with seven squad cars, a paddy wagon, and a van from one of the local TV stations. They kicked one door to bits and kicked the chain on the other from its screws, all set to do a Geraldo Rivera style live-TV drug takedown.

1) they didn't seem to have a plan to deal with an armed homeowner who objected to having his door kicked in. (this was 1982)

2) they couldn't show me a warrant (and claimed they didn't have to)

3) when a car finally brought a (fresh!) warrant 20 minutes later, it was for a different house.

Things got ugly and unsatisfactory to all concerned after that.

I have made various preparations to deal with it more effectively if it ever happens again. And you'll be able to see the whole thing on YouTube...

Bullet Caster
11-29-2011, 02:41 PM
I agree on the public hangings. I have had an incident with home invasions. One day two guys came up my driveway and stopped. I came outside where they were and asked them to leave, but they would not. They appeared to be on some heavy drugs and had deposited a liquor bottle and several beer botles in my yard. When the driver turned off the motor and grabbed the door handles I produced my 1911 (I had stuck it in my pants behind my back) and stuck it up to the head of the one on the passenger side and told them to get the heck out of here.
A woman across the way had already called the police as they had tried to go up her driveway and thier old Jeep just couldn't make it all the way up the steep incline.
The driver reached around this "pardner" and grabbed my muzzle and yanked my arm inside the car. I had already taken my 1911 off of safety. In the struggle over my pistol, I pulled the trigger in order to free my gun. The gun went off and I was then able to retrieve my pistol. The driver had such a grip on the muzzle that it didn't chamber a new round.
After I had my pistol back, the driver started up the car and goosed it and ran into the ditch just beside my driveway. The passenger, his "pardner" (not friend) was hit with my hardball round and nearly blew off his thumb. When I'd found out the passenger was hit, I told my wife to call the police as there appeared to be a home invasion. The driver then got out of his car and chased me back up the driveway. I kept my aim, right between his eyes, and he kept coming. I then started to shoot a warning shot at his feet and my pistol wouldn't fire. I then realized what had happened and chambered a new round. Never had to fire a second shot as I had said a quick prayer to God to stop this man before I had to kill him. The perp stopped short and my wife kept screaming for him to take the other guy to the hospital. Long story short, the cops came, I filed my statement and they confiscated my 1911 for the next six months. No charges were filed against me and I didn't file any charges against them. I thought they had gotten what they deserved. The county cops said that if he comes back for retrobution, kill him. After the six months were up I got my 1911 back but without any rounds as they had to keep them--they wouldn't return a pistol with ammo.
The guy who was shot kept calling the detective and asking if I had been arrested yet. She told him that I wouldn't be since no charges were filed. The guy whom I'd shot got out of the hospital after three days and with hand still in a cast, was caught breaking into one of his friend's car and went to jail. Have only seen the driver a couple of times and found out he lives in my neighborhood, his dad was a Vietnam vet just like me. During the incident he saw my Vietnam vet license plate and kept saying how he couldn't hurt a Vietnam vet and in the next breath saying how he was gonna kill me. The detective has talked to him a couple of times because he kept coming to the foot of my driveway and sitting there.
All this happened on our 34th anniversary. Since that time we've installed a security system with cameras and have since installed burgler doors and window. My wife hasn't felt safe here since.
The cops told me if they ever come back, to stay indoors and if they broke in, to kill 'em. I have no qualms with killing an individual if they intend to do bodily harm to me or my wife. My wife almost turned out our 3 inside dogs against them but I told her to keep 'em inside as I didn't know if they were armed. I'd hate to have one of my dogs killed. The biggest and baddest of our dogs is a Catahoola Lepoard dog with at least 2" teeth. They let us know when anyone comes up our steep driveway.
Since that time I have taken the required CCW class and have gotten my concealed carry permit and I don't leave the house without my 9mm loaded with 147 grain jacketed hollow points with an extra 10 round mag. I would not be afraid to use my weapon if the need should arise. I feel sorry for the guy I shot, but if he ever came back and tried to break in, I'd drop him. BC

ku4hx
11-29-2011, 03:54 PM
Happened to my wife and we live in a "safe" upscale neighborhood. I was at work 40 miles away and she was on her off day Friday. Miscreant broke down the front door and was in the house at 11:00AM or there-abouts. My wife had the presence of mind to do what I'd taught her to do: grab her Glock 23 and rake the slide. The Lone Moron at the front door heard that and hightailed it. The investigating office, also a woman, said the only mistake my wife made was not shooting the guy. I'm glad she didn't have to.

There are no safe havens, it can happen to you and when it does all the talk about this bullet or this gun or those sights is moot. You need to be prepared and be very familiar with whatever you choose as your personal defense weapon.

For us it's very real now and we practice. In the last several months my wife has bought a gun or two and even entered and won a .22 match for women.

It's not the zombies you need to fear, it's the guys in button down collars and nicely pressed slacks driving a dark blue late model Crown Victoria.

mpmarty
11-29-2011, 04:01 PM
Inasmuch as I don't own anything smaller than 10mm and five of my pistols are 45acp what to pack is a no brainer. Yes I carry in my home and have two early warning systems one a doberman the other electronic sensors on my half mile of driveway coming up the mountain to where we live. In all honesty if there were an assault underway and I had the chance I'd drop my handgun and go for my 7.62 Nato semi auto or a 12ga shotty in a heartbeat.

exile
11-29-2011, 04:07 PM
Here in Nebraska, we have a "duty to retreat" law. So, I could carry, but I could not respond to a threatening situation as I should. What I would give for a state legislature with the guts to overturn this terrible legislation. But, I am not holding my breath.

exile

Cadillo
11-29-2011, 05:53 PM
One of my friends was babysitting when the house was being broken into thank God they are all ok.

My heart is sick I want peace but that's never gonna happen so I want to blow the ******** away.
Guns don't do any good if your not carrying and you walk in when it's happening if you don't have CCW and/or your not carrying do it to protect your loved ones.

WOMEN are the most important the invasions that happened in my neighborhood they waited till the woman was alone and they broke in and beat them.
I urge you to do whatever possible to get your wives, daughters, and sisters to carry my cousin was beaten to death with a pipe wrench by her ex-husband she was a great person to everybody I did not know her that we'll she was a bit older and lived in another state.

Nobody should have to go through the brutal death of family member; arm your selfs and arm the women.

We live about twenty miles apart. I suspect that what is going on down here is actually far worse than you imagine. Before I retired (LEO) I was constantly reading intelligence bulletins about the **** that goes on here. Almost none of it makes the news or papers, because it scares the tourists, who are such a large part of the local economy.

Home invasions by thugs wearing ploice uniforms are rampant, as well as carjackings. Don't go past the mailbox without a gun, and Practice!

Cadillo
11-29-2011, 05:59 PM

I forgot to mention, if you have any decals for NRA, TSRA, or other on your vehicle, lose them. They are a neon sign telling the bad boys that you have guns at home. The Carteleros want them and will pay handsomely to anyone who can get their hands on them while you are away from home. The good ones come prepared to tackle a safe.

MikeS
11-29-2011, 06:50 PM
I personally have had to depend on a firearm for my life (or the lives of others), and more than once. So you can try to catch me un-armed but you've much better odds of winning a PowerBall.
Cat

I used to carry 100% of the time, and when at home I was never more than 5' away from a loaded weapon. But like everything else these days, things change. First off is the list of 'criminal protection zones' those places where they say you can't protect yourself. And there are even some places where you can't even leave your gun locked in your car! I have a friend that works at the Ft Laud airport, and he's not allowed to keep a gun locked in his car while at work, and he works clear across the county, so he's not going to go home to arm himself before going about his business.

Worse yet, for me at least, I'm disabled, and so take enough different meds every day that a whisk broom might be more appropriate than toilet paper at times. Depending on the day, there are times that while not quite 'buzzed', I feel less than 100%, and don't think it would be right for me to be carrying a weapon at those times. Should an unfortunate situation arise while I'm not 100%, and I'm forced to use deadly force, I think the DA would have a field day with that! Usually when I feel like that I try and stay home, but sometimes I just can't avoid going out, either my daughter, or mother drags me out (usually to dinner, or some such, they insist that it's 'not good for you' to stay home as much as I do).

James: The world you're growing up in is a much more violent one than it used to be. Try not to get too angry over it, but instead try and change it, and the way to do that is with your VOTE. Try to only vote for folks that will protect your second amendment rights. And whenever possible try and tell your friends (and anyone else you can influence) that gun control is not crime control, and that outlaws (criminals) by definition don't respect the law! All the anti-gun laws in the world won't make a difference to a criminal.

Catshooter
11-29-2011, 08:21 PM
All the anti-gun laws in the world won't make a difference to a criminal.

I would disagree. The actual purpose of anti-gun laws is to promote and produce criminals. They help create a safer environment for a criminal.

Cat

jwmprock
11-29-2011, 08:55 PM
There's a lot to be said for shoot, shovel and shut up.... Unfortunately most people don't live far enough out in the pucker brush for that to work. Fortunately, I live WAY out in the pucker brush. Here in the liberal northwest, I fear our police, judges and lawyers more than I fear the criminals. Being a chemist helps a bit too when it comes to making things disappear.....

x101airborne
11-29-2011, 09:41 PM
There is a certain zen that comes from having a 10 foot by 30 foot by 10 foot hole and a big ole John Deere ready for those uncertain times. My uncle was broke into and fires a "warning shot" in to the ground as the perps were leaving. He faced charges for criminal indangerment while the perps were let go because he did not have "no trespassing" signs around his house. That is some Bull... $hit. I am a former police officer and cant see the logic in that.

I carry my bulldog 44 special in my pocket nearly every minute of every day. My wife called me crazy till she found out that the "midnight rapist" who was captured recently in my area had his next victim planned next door. No more lip from the cheap seats.

Last week, an 18 wheeler broke the chain on our gate at the ranch and backed his trailer into our field. While he did not do any damage, he could not get out without causing several thousand dollars of damage to our entrance. He was asked to exit the vehicle at rifle point and you never seen a 5'2" 300 pound man tiny dancer his a$$ down a tractor gas tank with his hands in the air like that. I called the law. A DPS trooper and a County Sheriff Deputy responded. They gave ME the riot act for pulling him out of the tractor "by force"!!!! ***????? No tickets issued, I had to unlock the commercial entrance to our place to let him out. I am not calling the law any more. Sorry bout that.

Society went down-hilll when people stopped being accountable for their actions to people like me.