PDA

View Full Version : Shooting in Utah

Bret4207
02-14-2007, 10:28 AM
That off duty cop in Utah... My hat's off to him. Good man.

NVcurmudgeon
02-14-2007, 11:29 AM
"If you don't like cops, next time you're in trouble call a hippie." I am amazed at the character of these good men who so often save the day when they could get away with avoiding the situation.

Scrounger
02-14-2007, 12:47 PM
Most of the times all it takes to get along is saying or doing the right thing, or to put it another way, not doing the wrong thing. Here is a link to a video clip that tells us that in a very amusing way. I have checked, there are no viruses on it, but the language could be considered offensive by some; Use your own judgment.
http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2458063

Boz330
02-14-2007, 02:03 PM
The police said that they have no motive for this. Just heard on the radio that the guy had a backpack full of ammunition. He also was a Bosnian born Moslem.
Any bells going off in anybody elses head here. PC gone amuck. I hate to jump to conclusions but there is more than a little bit of animocity between Muslems and Christians in Bosnia and what is Salt Lake City known for.
Trp Bret is right about this guy stepping up and preventing this from being worse than it was. Maybe had someone else been carrying this would have been ended sooner yet. I have a carry permit but make use of it rarely but it's beginning to look like there are no safe places. Although most Malls around here have big signs posted forbidding CC on their property, but there are no metal detectors yet. Personally I think an armed society is a polite society, and safer.
God forbid but a couple more of these incidents and even the Dems will have a tough time ramming through gun control.

Bob

Duckiller
02-14-2007, 04:21 PM
Boz330 Dedicated gun controllers will use ANYTHING to ram more controls through. Not right, doesn't make sense, they just want to be able to tell everyone else what they can and can not do and how to live. Will probably never have a "shall issue CCW" law in Cal. Electorate too in love with people telling them how to live. And , yes , off duty officers and citizens are going to keep other states safer. Duckiller

KB291
02-14-2007, 05:13 PM
Ever notice that when things are quiet or a change might be in the wind on politics there are more "sensational" happenings out there. Look for more "things" to happen as we get closer to election time. There are folks with a definate agenda!

Bigjohn
02-14-2007, 08:15 PM
The world over appears to be cursed with the same type of politicians. Once they get themselves elected, they forget WHO put them there and WHY.

IMHO, they seem to take on the appearence of an elected RULER/DICTATOR not OUR employee.

Our own problem pollie, JWH, seems to think that he has a mandate to do what he wants because the People elected him. Inspite of public opinion against his actions, he continues on his way saying "I have a mandate".

Recent polls showed that only 42% of the population support his party and policies, while 39% support the opposition party. So, basically, IMHO, it is the hoodwinked and vocal minority in the remaining 19% that are dictating the policies.

These are the ilk of PETA, Handgun Inc, and other self interested uppie groups.

And GOD help the world if Hillary ever gets her hands on the Launch codes.

Rant off!

My hats off to the Officer who ended the situation in the Mall.
I just wonder how much information will be swept under the carpet in the interest of National Security.

John.

Boz330
02-14-2007, 08:58 PM
Duck Killer, I don't disagree with you but after some of these big events there is a resurgence of pro-gun sentiment. I never thought that there would ever be a CC in KY but we have had it for 10 or so years now. Opponents said that KY would turn into one large Dodge City, didn't happen. Even OH has a CC now which was hard won by the folks there, and fought tooth and nail by the libs. I think that they will be much more devious with there approach and go after ammo or something like that with prohibative taxes. Time will tell.

Bob

handyrandyrc
02-15-2007, 01:42 PM
Here is a link to a video showing the cops in action inside the mall. My hat goes off to them for their quick response -- and especially to the off-duty Ogden Police officer that was carrying concealed and went after the threat.

http://kutv.com/topstories/local_story_045193538.html

9.3X62AL
02-15-2007, 06:25 PM
HOO-RAH to those Utah officers. Enjoy the VIRGINIANS, Islamofascist.

fatnhappy
02-15-2007, 08:17 PM
HooRAH! While other men hid in stores he left his pregnant wife and ran to the sound of fire. HooRAH!

http://www.lonsberry.com/writings.cfm?story=2087&go=4