PDA

View Full Version : I gave in on lead

jdhenry
02-14-2007, 03:11 AM
I give up on ww. Im tired if the same old anwser. So I ran an ad in the paper and got 585 lbs of mix scrap. for about .34 cents a pound. Its a bit more than I wanted to spend but Im hooked and the 240 lbs I started with is going Quick. So I figured what the heck I get 44 boolits for .34 cents. That Aint bad. So I am JEALOUS of you guys that get it for .14 cents a pound. But I'll be good for awhile. So I tell the wife.....HE,HE Still with the lead I have now I ONLY have about 36,500 Boolits :( HMMMMMMMMM I think I need to run another ad or 10 :wink:

Happy Shooting,
Jeremy

Buckshot
02-14-2007, 05:38 AM
.............Crap! I never thought of running an add!

.................Buckshot

OLPDon
02-14-2007, 05:51 AM
Buckshot:
These youngster don't know they can't fly, guess they have to take care of us older guy's. I tell you Buckshot youth is wasted on young. What say YOU!!!!!!!!
Don

jhalcott
02-14-2007, 03:42 PM
yep, Don, I can remember when I KNEW every thing and was invincible. Now I'm just old feeble and fragile! What happened??

ron brooks
02-14-2007, 05:39 PM
yep, Don, I can remember when I KNEW every thing and was invincible. Now I'm just old feeble and fragile! What happened??

Life, :(

Old Jim
02-14-2007, 06:22 PM
I recently scored 240 lbs of dead soft lead for my 1860 Armys. 60 lb ingots from a defunct aerospace company. they called it "grid metal". I've been told that one indication of pure lead is when it casts with a purple haze. This does. Less than 30 cents/lb.

Bob Jones
02-15-2007, 02:18 AM
When I was a kid way back when in the Ozarks I used to dig chunks of raw lead out of the ground, had a lot of lead mines there. I remember it was kind of crystalline, and when you split a piece it was a beautiful purple rainbow color until the air got to it and it oxidized.

Kinda wish I still had some of that property these days, a lead mine would be handy.