PDA

View Full Version : Sassy Jo

odinohi
11-02-2011, 07:52 PM
My wife and I are putting her down tomorrow. She's blind and deaf and we have handled that. She has had several seisures and they have taken there toll on her. She is lost all the time,cries all the time, and is going to end up falling off the bed she has slept in for the past 14 years. She is just miserable. So are we. Going to spend a long time wondering if we did the right thing. I hate losing are kids!

canyon-ghost
11-02-2011, 08:19 PM
If she's lost all the time and cries, I doubt you can do anything for her. Ordinarily, I'd say keep a warm hand on her back but, that may not comfort her now.

It's hard, but she may be better off on the other side.

LGH
11-02-2011, 08:43 PM
I'm sorry to hear this. it's hard to let go, but you have to ask yourself, is it better to let her suffer, to comfort you? Or should you do what you know needs to be done, to comfort her? My best regards to you and your family in this hard time. LGH

Dframe
11-02-2011, 09:24 PM
Very sorry to hear. Sometimes it's necessary to lose an old friend this way.

dragonrider
11-02-2011, 09:44 PM
You have provided her with a good life, now provide her with a painless exit. It's the best you can do.

Dean D.
11-03-2011, 02:01 PM
You have provided her with a good life, now provide her with a painless exit. It's the best you can do.

I agree, we've had to do something similar for 3 of our dogs in the past 3 years. It's painful but necessary IMO. Just remember the good times you spent together.

odinohi
11-03-2011, 07:26 PM
Its done. 45 minutes ago. Buried her in the yard with our other two babies.