PDA

View Full Version : Positive thinking-- I / We -- feel great today.

gray wolf
11-02-2011, 12:57 PM
As I read the threads on a daily basis I see more and more folks that just don't feel good and have all kinds of problems. Many health related, now I am not saying we should not relate how we feel or get opinions from others as to what possibly can be done. Men--I for one have more than my share and post to the fact if I feel the need or just need to vent a little.
So what I am doing is concentrating on my positive thinking, and I want some folks to join me on this mass feel good campaign. ( hey it can't hurt EH. )
So who wants to join ?
I will be # 1
Man the sky is clear and I feel great.
There I feel better already. So who wants to join it with another I feel great.
We can say how (edit) we feel on another thread.

hardcase54
11-02-2011, 01:27 PM
Hey I woke up this morning, so it has got to be a good day.

Bad Water Bill
11-02-2011, 01:28 PM
Good Idea.

I got into bed by myself last night.

I got out of bed by myself this mourning.

I FEEL GREAT

edler7
11-02-2011, 02:37 PM
We had an inch or so of snow, but it was real civilized. Roads are clear, patches of blue sky showing and the sun is coming out.

I'll be snuggled up next to my darlin tonight and won't be cold or hungry...and we will be happy with what we have.

Who could ask for much more ?

trooperdan
11-02-2011, 03:10 PM
It is 65 degrees with a clear, Carolina Blue sky where I am and I'll be drinking a Highland Oatmeal Porter or 3 this evening! I went to the gym this morning, took a yoga class, worked out and I feel GREAT!

Love Life
11-02-2011, 03:14 PM
I will get home and watch Mickey Mouse with my daughter...again for about the 500th time. The whole time I will be singing along in my head and watch that little girl count and intereact with the characters.

jcwit
11-02-2011, 04:29 PM
Its a great day here in No. Indiana, in the 60's, now cloudy but no rain. I'm healthy, My wife is healthy, bills are paid, food in the fridg, Life is good.

The Lord has Blessed Me far more than I deserve.

gray wolf
11-02-2011, 04:33 PM
WOW--all this good is great---
I felt better from the moment I put the post up.
We all have our stuff --that's a given, but we don't have to give in to it.
If I can't walk fast then I will walk slow--as long as I get there.
If I can't lift something I will ask for help or make it lighter
If I hurt I will try and make things a little more comfortable
If need be I know I can discuss things to a point on the board
I have a habit of eating to fast, not good, so I will eat slower and chew better.
I will not fight with my reloading or casting tools, I will arrange things so they are convenient and comfortable to use.
Short list but it's a start, it's a plan. We are all to clever to let things beet us or become unfix-able.

bullshot
11-02-2011, 05:16 PM
Just look around to other's problems. Some trivial some horrid. All I can say is "but for the grace of God, there go I. Deal with whatever comes your way. It could always be worse.

Houndog
11-02-2011, 05:24 PM
I woke up this mornin, got out of bed on my own power and knew where I was. IT IS A GOOD DAY! I'll accept whatever else GOD happens to send my way, good or bad, and give thanks for it.

shooter93
11-02-2011, 07:17 PM
Any day your feet hit the floor is a good day....unless ofcourse, they fell out of your coffin.

fishnbob
11-02-2011, 07:43 PM
I am on the right side of the grass, blessed by the Lord and the only complaint I have is I ain't fishin' or shootin' enough. And that is my own fault.

DIRT Farmer
11-02-2011, 10:57 PM
I woke up after a good nights sleep, My wife spent the day with her sister ( if you been married long enough you under stand ) All of the shells I shot yesterday are loaded, The WW I got yester day diden't have much steel or zink in them, It was a beautiful day with the sun out and the trees in full color, the cattle were in, The crop is in the bin and small game season comes in Friday. The only thing wrong was I diden't have anything to gripe about. Thanks Grey Wolf for pointing that out.
Alan

JonB_in_Glencoe
11-02-2011, 11:09 PM
Winter is about to set in...here in MN.
I think I have all my chores done...except the Gutters :(
this has been a very good week for me :)
I'll put in 40 hours of work for some very good pay :)

I like all the folks I work with, mostly they are a generous Lot.
I was offered a bundle (100 or so lengths) of Lumber on monday,
2"x3"x12' grade 3 each one wrapped in plastic,
used once for shipping sheet steel.
most fellows that bring this home use it for firewood,
which is a shame, I will be sharing this wood with a veggie farmer friend,
to help rebuild his greenhouse...and maybe construct a second one.
Jon

PS we all :cbpour: What could be better ?

Love Life
11-02-2011, 11:13 PM
What part of Minnesota you in JonB? I used to live in Austin and it was beautiful in the winter. A bit cold, but still beautiful.

smoked turkey
11-02-2011, 11:52 PM
I had a wonderful day. I put up the ground blind in an area on the place known to have deer pass through on a regular basis. My grandson will be here and spend Friday night with us and bright and early Saturday morning he and his dad (our oldest son) will take part in youth deer season. It will be wonderful to have them here and to get to do together what we enjoy so much. What a great country! God has blessed us abundantly.

9.3X62AL
11-03-2011, 12:18 AM
Started the day with a home-cooked breakfast made by my Mom. I'm 56, so I feel wonderfully blessed to still have her. Scrounged around the rest of the morning, stopped by and saw some family at Marie's Mom's house, and had lunch with them and Marie. Then off to keep appointments, look at fishing tackle, and shop for new boots. Heck of a day.

OeldeWolf
11-03-2011, 01:33 AM
I am still moving, which is good. And there was a full day of work today, and it looks like it will be a full week as well. And I have gas to make it till the gf's disability gets in, and she pays her rent. :)

JonB_in_Glencoe
11-03-2011, 07:35 AM
What part of Minnesota you in JonB? I used to live in Austin and it was beautiful in the winter. A bit cold, but still beautiful.

I'm in Glencoe.

100 miles north of Austin, I guess.
50 miles west of MPLS.

Oh, I am not complaining about Winter,
I like the change of season and couldn't
imagine living somewhere that didn't have it.
If the snow sticks to the ground early in the season
and lingers late into the spring, I get a little tired of it,
But never enough to move south of the Mason-Dixon Line.
Jon

Flatlander
11-03-2011, 08:36 AM
I was in a doctors waiting room with my Dad some time ago. A fellow in his 90's shuffled in with great difficulty and in pain. When asked by the staff how he was feeling his reply was "Still Vertical!"

So, the way I look at it I have no serious problems and I am still vertical.

firefly1957
11-03-2011, 10:23 AM
Yes I am having a good day!!!

Your post reminds me of a Tom T. Hall live album I have he says " my doctor told me that I should right a list of all the things that upset me and I thoght that was awfull negative so I wrote this song" then The song "I LOVE " Starts http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vONC3sdhiwM

Now that is better than a list of the bad in our lives isn't it!

LIMPINGJ
11-03-2011, 11:11 AM
I am off today and tomorrow because I have to fly a couple trips this weekend. A Cool Front came through last night so I will have some comfortable weather to cast in, have three new molds but been to hot. Grandson is coming over after school to shoot and an going to sit up in the yard and hopefully shoot some Pigs this evening. Sounds like a great day.

linotype
11-03-2011, 11:33 AM
I'm alive to share good company on the forum, and to spend time on a sunny pleasant day at the range.
Happiness is a warm gun, a pile of brass to reload, and target holes in a tight cluster. :smile:

ErikO
11-03-2011, 11:36 AM
"Vertical and blessed" is my standard "How ya doin?" responce.

Today is no exception. :)

ErikO
11-03-2011, 11:36 AM
I'm alive to share good company on the forum, and to spend time on a sunny pleasant day at the range.
Happiness is a warm gun, a pile of brass to reload, and target holes in a tight cluster. :smile:

You forgot the whiff of spent smokeless powder, but that could be due to shooting outside. ;)

Love Life
11-03-2011, 11:38 AM
I'm in Glencoe.

100 miles north of Austin, I guess.
50 miles west of MPLS.

Oh, I am not complaining about Winter,
I like the change of season and couldn't
imagine living somewhere that didn't have it.
If the snow sticks to the ground early in the season
and lingers late into the spring, I get a little tired of it,
But never enough to move south of the Mason-Dixon Line.
Jon

I loved it there. I remember moving from Texas to Minnesota in March of 2000. When I left Texas we were wearing shorts and T-shirts. When we got to Austin, MN there was still close to 2 feet of snow on the ground. Quite the change!

blackthorn
11-03-2011, 11:50 AM
Got a call yesterday from a friend I helped out putting together a submission to the workers comp appeal system. He is a semi (mostly) parapalegic and the Board did not want to reimburse him for the cost of installing an elevator in his home. We won!!! $10,000!!! He is one happy guy (me too). My health is good and so is life!!

Wayne Smith
11-03-2011, 11:59 AM
LOML will be home tonite, full day of work, good check coming in, blood sugar was 100 this AM, lot to be thankful for just today. God cares for us. We just need to pay attention.

Freightman
11-03-2011, 02:11 PM
recon it is a good day I didn't read about me in the obituaries, and I went and walked the school kids across the street without any help. Great day

waksupi
11-03-2011, 04:16 PM
Went hunting bright and early, and didn't have to drag anything out of the mountains!

firefly1957
11-03-2011, 04:32 PM
Freightman Thanks for the laugh twice I have seen my exact name in the obituaries but the one that got the biggest laugh was when some poor sole that looked just like me past away. My coworkers posted it around the plant I am not sure if they were hopeful or relieved when I showed up that day!

shdwlkr
11-03-2011, 05:59 PM
I am glad I still have a place to stay and can keep sort of warm
I am happy I get to see two of my kids every other weekend
I will be really happy when I finish college in another 14 months

gray wolf
11-03-2011, 09:03 PM
I just put some bullets up for sale to help a fellow member and it made me feel
very good that I could do something to help another person.
Had a few moments of feeling sorry for myself today but it didn't last.
I thought about this thread and didn't want to let anyone down --
I picked myself right up and helped someone else. ( good feeling )

edler7
11-03-2011, 09:38 PM
I worked 30 years doing medical at a mental health/high security hospital. I saw so many people that were broken beyond repair either mental, physical or both...no amount of money or skill could ever fix them.

I would get to feeling sorry for myself with life's little problems, but then I would look around me and say "Hell...I don't have ANY problems".

I still feel like that to this day.

jcwit
11-03-2011, 10:16 PM
Eleven years ago I was diagonsed with cancer, unlikely to pull thru it according to the Dr's. I'd go into the waiting room waiting for my chemo treatments, and I saw all these other paitents sitting there with their hand in their laps and looking down at the floor. I decided right then "NOT ME".

I look the world straight in the face, kick the Devil in the ***, and Grap the Hand Of The Lord When Reaches Out to Help Me.

Here I am 11 years later cancer free for all intents and purposes. Life is Good.

I sincerely hope all of you realize where the devil is getting kicked.

linotype
11-04-2011, 08:40 AM
You forgot the whiff of spent smokeless powder, but that could be due to shooting outside. ;)

And the smell of fresh brewed coffee in the morning, pine scent during the Christmas holiday, a hot from the oven apple pie, leaf smoke in the Fall, and a whiff of my wife's perfume. :happy dance: