PDA

View Full Version : Wow

dakotashooter2
02-13-2007, 06:50 PM
Was watching a single cavity lyman 358156 HP mold on Ebay and it went for over $150.

For that price Buckshot is gonna get ALL my HP business.

:castmine:

Merc41
02-13-2007, 07:01 PM
WOW is right, I saw the same exact mold with little over an hour left, it was at 99 bucks. I will keep mine LOL

AkMike
02-13-2007, 07:02 PM
Folks sure get stupid in their bidding wars there. :(

leftiye
02-14-2007, 01:18 AM
Yup, they do. I'm starting to price out everything I bid on beforehand anymore. I'm losing auctions right and left because people want to pay more than it costs at the store. No waiting at the store either.

Buckshot
02-14-2007, 04:12 AM
.............Did the auction say it was a VINTAGE Lyman HP mould, or just a regular old one anyone could buy? :-)

.................Buckshot

arkypete
02-14-2007, 08:21 AM
If I'm not mistaken there are some folks who are collecting old Lyman/Ideal molds, driving the price up as a collectable rather then a tool.
Jim

dakotashooter2
02-14-2007, 10:51 AM
If I recall it did have the word "Vintage" somewhere in the description but there are a lot of people out there without a clue who put "vintage" or "old" on their stuff. This one did have what appeared to be the standard HP pin design lyman uses but I have seen similar molds go for $60-$70.

:castmine:

leftiye
02-14-2007, 02:21 PM
Like someone here just said- Some of these guys have ego problems (Must drive a Porsche. When you go to the porsche dealership for parts you're supposed to "accidentally" dump your wallet out on the floor, and walk off just to show that you've got money and that it doesn't matter. I know, I've got one- huh?), I recently had a newby on ebay get in a bidding war with me. I never out bid him for more than a few hours. When we got through he had a $25 mold for $75. I was careful not to outbid him near the end of the auction.

Merc41
02-14-2007, 05:03 PM
I have noticed a VERY sharp price increase on everything associated with the shooting sports on Ebay, especially since the price of copper and other associated metals have increased. I am afraid that the days of good cheep brass casings are gone. Had I known this was going to take place, I would have stocked up on it all 2 years ago.

Maven
02-14-2007, 05:25 PM
Merc41's correct! E-Bay is seller-friendly, which isn't good news for buyers, at least with respect to bullet molds. I've watched the prices of HP molds skyrocket over the last 18 months or so. Old ("vintage") fishing lures, e.g., Heddon's "Tiny Pumpkinseed" (wood body, ca. early 1960's), fetch surprisingly high prices as well. OTOH, I've seen molds at gun shows that were overpriced too (e.g., a used Lee C309-180R for $20).

Scrounger
02-14-2007, 05:57 PM
Guys, I'm thinking about listing my old phone books on Ebay. What makes me think they might have a market is that there are full page ads in the Yellow Pages for the Brothels here. I don't think phone books in the rest of the country can match that. Speaking of brothels. I put in an application as a driver for the local taxi company. It is an easy job for an old fart and it will keep me off the computer all the time. The old lady in the office told me that drivers get 40% of what they take in and there are "some other bonuses". Seems that whenever someone takes a cab to a local brothel, the brothel gives the cab driver a 40% commission of whatever the patron spends there. And one of their drivers had collected $7000 there one night (in addition to the cab fare and probable tip), the fare had spent $18,000!!!!!!! That had to be CarpetMan when he first got hooked on ******...

ron brooks
02-14-2007, 07:22 PM
Scrounger,

I didn't know that the brothels there had sheep available tot he patrons. :-)

Ron

HORNET
02-14-2007, 08:13 PM
Ron,
They usually cater to a wide variety of tastes if I recall correcty from many years past.:holysheep
The real fun is going to be seeing a picture of Scrounger after he tries to take it out in trade:roll: [smilie=1:

Kraschenbirn
02-15-2007, 11:52 AM
The prices of moulds on fleaBay is sometimes awfully flaky...or, maybe, it's just he bidders get that way. Last month, I picked up a nearly mint single-cavity Lyman "Ideal" 311413 for less than $30 while a set of *USED* RCBS dies that I was watching went for $3 more than Midway's current catalog price. Go figure.

Bill

ron brooks
02-15-2007, 12:05 PM
Rick,

Yep, will be. :-D

Ron