PDA

View Full Version : Early Winter in Ct

bullshot
10-31-2011, 07:08 PM
Well here I sit. Six in of wet snow. No line power. Running on Generator typing this.
My birthday present from mother nature. Talk is a week or more for power restoration. Not complaining. Just reflecting on all that is taken for granted. Life is good. A survivor for sure. Tomorrow may need sunscreen. My garden, on the other hand is not looking too happy.

6.5 mike
10-31-2011, 08:10 PM
Stay warm Bob.

1Shirt
11-01-2011, 12:09 AM
Had one like that a few years ago in Omaha when leaves were still on the trees. Massive damage, and some folks were without power for close to 3 weeks. It really sucks!
1Shirt!:coffeecom

MtGun44
11-01-2011, 12:18 AM
Same thing about 10 yrs ago in KC. Bad news when the trees are still leafed out.

Caused by global warming. It gets so hot due to SUVs and stuff that the snow starts
falling earlier in the year... . . . . . . . .

Or something like that. Al Gore knows all the details. Did you know he invented the internet?

:bigsmyl2:

Bill

quilbilly
11-01-2011, 12:43 AM
Stand by for another tough winter. The ocean conditions that drive our climate out in the Pacific are similar to last year if not a little cooler. It is good for salmon in the North Pacific but not so good for people across the northern hemisphere. We are now in the eleventh year of the cooling cycle that began in about 2000 - at least that it what the plankton and fish say as the arctic fish press south. You can can believe AlGore or you can believe the plankton.

runfiverun
11-01-2011, 04:40 AM
seein as how their I.Q's are about the same i'll go with the plankton.

leftiye
11-01-2011, 04:54 AM
Yeah!

Bret4207
11-01-2011, 06:08 AM
seein as how their I.Q's are about the same i'll go with the plankton.

HAR![smilie=w:

Bullshot- BTDT, got the Tee shirt. 15 days in sub zero January weather, and I didn't own a gen at the time. I did however have 30 some cattle, draft horses, goats, sheep and other assorted livestock. Nights after work (12 hour days) were very long, cold and wet. I feel for ya. Take heart though, once the power comes back on everything will be back to normal in a day or less.

bullshot
11-02-2011, 05:35 PM
Power back today, all is good. Was like camping indoors. All is great til next time."It is what it is"