PDA

View Full Version : Help In Pan Lubeing

44woody
02-12-2007, 10:38 PM
ok guys I am on my 3rd try to pan lube first try was a total waist of time 2nd try I did get the cake out of the pan and tried to push out the bullets from the top and bottom not one bullet came out with lube all the way around the bullet the most I could get was 1/2 way around tried to make a cookie cutter out of a caseing and still no luck I am useing a hard wax lube can some one please help me in this :castmine: 44Woody

threett1
02-12-2007, 10:57 PM
First, how wide are your grooves? And second, it might not work that well with a hard wax. I use a fairly soft lube and it works quite well with boolits with reasonable sized grooves. I have a 458/500gr mold that has a huge lube groove that I can't pan lube. Comes right out.

wills
02-12-2007, 11:12 PM
Here is an idea

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=12446&highlight=pan+lube

You do NOT need a "cookie cutter". Better results are had by waiting until the lube is just pulling away from the pan (from cooling), then invert the pan and the whole cake will drop out in your hands. Then, I support the cake (bullet point up) by resting on a newspaper covered bench or table with a row of bullets "hanging in the breeze". Then using your thumb, just punch the bullet out of the lube cake. Done properly, the bullets will be perfectly and cleanly lubed.

piwo
02-12-2007, 11:18 PM
My mix so far has been 70/30 beeswax to oil/grease, an the results have been just OK.. I believe I still need to make it at least 60/40 or just 50/50. The greese has been going into the grooves OK, but it's still really sticky, and doesn't take much to "remove" whats been deposited. So I go with the "softer lube" suggestion.