PDA

View Full Version : Some fine people here at Castboolits

Ben
10-29-2011, 11:34 PM
I'm simply amazed at the responses that many of you have made towards
my 14 yr. old friend who is getting started in reloading. A press, dies, cast bullets,
fired brass, scales, loading manuals, loading blocks, shell holders , etc., etc. and the list goes on ...................

I don't want to begin naming names as I simply don't want to leave anyone out.

I do want to say publicly how impressed I've been with the responses. I'm
happy to report now, that my little friend has everything he needs
to reload now.

Without this forum's help, this 14 yr. old would still be simply " dreaming " of reloading,
as his current finances simply would not have allowed him to walk into a store and purchase all these items.

He is learning more about reloading each day. We stress Safety, when we finish that, we stress MORE SAFETY ! !

Once he has loaded a few rounds, he and his Dad shoot them on their property. It is good to see he and his father involved in the shooting sports together.

For each of you who have freely chosen to be a part of this, my hat is off to you, you
are the ones who should have the " Golden Bullet Award ", not me...............

Thanks again,

Ben

Love Life
10-29-2011, 11:39 PM
PM sent Ben. I came across some .308 brass

P.K.
10-30-2011, 12:27 AM
Keep an eye on them, a few friends may notice the "noise" and wonder what all the excitment is about!;-)

Ben
10-30-2011, 12:33 AM
Many thanks for your help P.K.

Best,

Ben

Rokkit Syinss
10-30-2011, 12:59 AM
What caliber is the kid loading?

Ben
10-30-2011, 01:04 AM
38 Spec. and 308 Win.

44man
10-30-2011, 08:46 AM
Just hearing he is 14 and is under your wing makes it all the better! :cbpour:

3006guns
10-30-2011, 09:05 AM
I got the same response when I got my stepson interested in reloading....overwhelming. This is a group of "real men".

The boy shot a nice buck with his first reload this year, assembled on a Pacific press, powder weighed on a Pacific scale and run through RCBS dies...all from generosity of the people here.

He said the buck looked like it ran into a brick wall.

Ben
10-30-2011, 09:11 AM
3006guns

..all from generosity of the people here.

Well spoken............My 14 yr old little friend has been the recipient of that same generosity.

Thanks,
Ben

gray wolf
10-30-2011, 12:11 PM
there are no bigger hearts than those found here.

redneckdan
10-30-2011, 12:12 PM
does he have any hollerpoints or wadcutters yet for his .38?

Ben
10-30-2011, 02:21 PM
redneckdan

He could use a few " HollerPoints ".

Ben

redneckdan
10-30-2011, 03:27 PM
Sounds good. I need to run some 38 wad cutters this week anyway. I'll add some NOE 360429 HPs. Should I send them lube sized?

Recluse
10-30-2011, 06:14 PM
Ben,

Sometimes I think that Time is the most precious commodity of all. Each of us is only issued a finite amount of it, and we have to learn how to ration it, divide it and spend it in order to maximize it.

When folks like yourself spend some of that of most precious commodities helping enrich the lives of a young man and his father, who without your help would not have any other way, you're making a lot of people happy.

There is no greater good than the good we do for our fellow man.

:coffee:

P.K.
10-30-2011, 10:54 PM
Sounds good. I need to run some 38 wad cutters this week anyway. I'll add some NOE 360429 HPs. Should I send them lube sized?

I'll bet that would be a nice addition.

P.K.
10-30-2011, 10:57 PM
Ben,

Sometimes I think that Time is the most precious commodity of all. Each of us is only issued a finite amount of it, and we have to learn how to ration it, divide it and spend it in order to maximize it.

When folks like yourself spend some of that of most precious commodities helping enrich the lives of a young man and his father, who without your help would not have any other way, you're making a lot of people happy.

There is no greater good than the good we do for our fellow man.

:coffee:

You need to make or at least difuse a bit of that for your sig line. Very eloquint and well said.

P.K.
10-30-2011, 10:59 PM
Many thanks for your help P.K.

Best,

Ben

Shhhhhhh! I'm a new guy. I dunno nothing! (AKA Schultz on Hogan's Hero's)

Ben
10-30-2011, 11:17 PM
Recluse,

A pastor friend of mine , years ago, told me..." Ben, a lot of people in this life just need someone to slow down and sit with them and listen and be a friend."

I can't say that I've always done that ....... I can say that his statement has had a profound impact on how I try to see other people.

By the way, the 14 yr. old said to me a few days ago...." I don't even know what to say or how to thank you and all these people who don't even know me and yet have helped me so much ! " He said...." Someday, I think I'd like to do something like this for someone else."

WOW ! !....You think this has been worth it ?....You bet it has !

45nut
10-30-2011, 11:25 PM
"Our Town"

Threads like this please me most of all.

Lively Boy
10-30-2011, 11:36 PM
Amen!

hiram1
10-31-2011, 07:13 PM
as i have said the guys on here are real good folks.the way it sould be all over but we have it here

Dean D.
11-03-2011, 02:22 PM
"Our Town"

Threads like this please me most of all.

+1 Ken.

Well done Ben!

scrapcan
11-03-2011, 04:12 PM
When I was the recipient of such gratitude and about the same age, the gentleman who has become one of my most treasured friends said a simple thing that has stuck to me to this day.

He said the best thanks you can give is to pass the favor on when you can.

I think all of those involved here have, are, or will be doing that at some point. Well done folks.

P.K.
11-03-2011, 11:34 PM
By the way, the 14 yr. old said to me a few days ago...." I don't even know what to say or how to thank you and all these people who don't even know me and yet have helped me so much ! " He said...." Someday, I think I'd like to do something like this for someone else."

WOW ! !....You think this has been worth it ?....You bet it has !Yup! Teachin' him right! Your in AL, I'm in TN, I'd be more than happy to pack a few long guns in the trunk for a "Here you go big guy" shoot.;-) I'll spoil you with the 6.8 though. Most think it's tiny. Many change their mind with the performance. I bet your protege' would love it. Great pig and white tail slayer. :wink:

Ben
11-04-2011, 08:41 AM
PK, I bet he would too. He reads " GUNS " 23 hrs. per day.......He is really into it.

Ben