PDA

View Full Version : I'm a bad boy

kbstenberg
10-27-2011, 08:12 PM
Tonight I continued load testing for my deer killer. I finalized the load I "Was" going to use for this deer season. 8 days from now. Oh the box I was taking my bullets from was empty. I'll just go to my boxes of spairs, get another box. And finish my loading for the season. HOW CAN I BE OUT OF THE ONE SPECIFIC BULLET I NEED.
My New Years resolution. Have no less than a thousand bullets of each rifle mold for each alloy type I use.

41 mag fan
10-27-2011, 08:49 PM
Wasn't it a little cold up there in Hack for some load testing?

mpmarty
10-27-2011, 08:51 PM
Yup I just cast some hunting boolits by drawing down my pot half way and filling up with the little lead leaves from the dentists office. Makes a nice 50/50 mix with wheel weights. Only cast up a few as it doesn't take many for deer season around here.

Crawdaddy
10-27-2011, 10:20 PM
Bummer, at least it isn't the night before.

klutz347
10-28-2011, 01:08 PM
Bummer, at least it isn't the night before.

Or the morning of.

Happened to my Bro in law a couple of years ago while at deer camp.

He grabbed a box of .32 round ball instead of the .50 mini balls. He had to go to Wally World and get some off the shelve and trusted his luck.

His luck didn't hold up and missed his shot.:(

kbstenberg
10-28-2011, 06:39 PM
Hey 41 MF You know us Jackpine Savages. If its not white out it ain't cold. it was in the mid 40's. I didn't even need a jacket.
Tonight I tried a similar bullet style that was only slightly lighter.And I had a group as good as lastnight. So I will use them. Who says it's overkill to have multiple molds of similar design!!
Kevin