PDA

View Full Version : Tumbler on sale

tomf52
02-11-2007, 05:29 PM
No financial interest here whatsoever, but was in Harbor Freight and their tumbler was on sale for under forty dollars. I think it was thirty six and change. Looking it over, it appears better made than my Lyman. Might buy one myself in anticipation of the Lyman getting used up.

IcerUSA
02-11-2007, 06:23 PM
Watch how much weight you put in it, my first one burned up the motor pretty fast, it has a weight limit of 5lbs. Guess it could have just been a weak motor and of course it was after the 90 day warrenty was up LOL . Just might want to load it a little lighter than the Lyman and it might run fine, I did get one thou for the price :)

madcaster
02-11-2007, 08:29 PM
I have one of those Vortex Vibra shine models,solid bowel,don't even use it I'm afraid!
Jeff.

MT Chambers
02-11-2007, 09:40 PM
I've had problems in the past with the solid bowel, as well as with tumblers.

lurch
02-11-2007, 11:30 PM
My brother-in-law once ate a whole box of shredded wheat without milk...got a good solid bowel out of that one.

leftiye
02-12-2007, 01:19 AM
Harbor fart used to be a real bad place to buy anything electrical. I think they're getting better though. Advice on how to proceed? I still buy power tools there.

imashooter2
02-12-2007, 09:32 AM
There were a couple of reports on AR15.com about the motors burning out in short order as well. My advice is to buy Frankford Arsenal if you want a low cost tumbler.

okiecruffler
02-13-2007, 02:35 PM
You want a low cost tumbler go to your local thrift store and pick up an ice cream machine for about 5 bucks. You wanna get real cheap, use rice for media. Works for me.

And I do recomend the electric ice cream machine over the hand crank. You can con friends into cranking it once, but boy do they peeved when instead of homemade ice cream they find 100 polished 30 herrett brass in the can.