PDA

View Full Version : calculating rounds per pound

colt 357
10-23-2011, 09:48 PM
Just a quick question on calculating how many rounds you can get out of a pound of powder. I think it is 7,000 grains per pound divided by how many grains you are putting in the round you are doing. Then times how many pounds of podwer you have. Is that right.
Now is all powder the same with 7,000 grains per pound or do different powders use a different numbers think this is right but wanted to see if what I was thinking is right. Thanks

southpaw
10-23-2011, 09:51 PM
You got it right. 7000 grains will alway equal one pound. However, watch out for the powders that are only 12 oz or 14 oz. in a can.

Jerry Jr.

waksupi
10-24-2011, 01:49 AM
You are aware that that is not the count of grains, but a weight measurement that is always constant?

P.K.
10-24-2011, 04:36 PM
I like to use this in a pinch, works well enough when you have a fixed ounce or grain count.

http://www.unitconversion.org/weight/grains-to-ounces-conversion.html

colt 357
10-24-2011, 07:30 PM
You are aware that that is not the count of grains, but a weight measurement that is always constant?
wasnt sure on that just started to reload again after some years out of it. I thought that was the way it went but thought I would ask to make sure . Thanks guys for helping me to clear the cobbwebbs from the old brain.

Mk42gunner
10-24-2011, 09:17 PM
wasnt sure on that just started to reload again after some years out of it. I thought that was the way it went but thought I would ask to make sure . Thanks guys for helping me to clear the cobbwebbs from the old brain.

Better to ask and make sure than to have an accident.

Robert