PDA

View Full Version : Mom

Jim
10-21-2011, 06:56 PM
Mom is not well. Brother and I trying to locate her in a facility. Not much time for anything else. Returning to Floyd on 30 Oct. Will report in when possible. Thanks to all for prayers and thoughts.

Jim

Tazman1602
10-21-2011, 07:52 PM
Prayers Jim. We just got done getting Hospice to come in for my mother today so I feel your pain. The stress is unbelievable.

Art

45nut
10-21-2011, 07:56 PM
prayers and thoughts continue Jim.

DCM
10-22-2011, 12:03 AM
Not an easy road sometimes.
I will keep you and your family in my prayers Jim.

gnoahhh
10-22-2011, 11:00 AM
Best of luck and best wishes to y'all Jim. It's tough, I know.

SmuvBoGa
10-22-2011, 11:21 AM
Do what you CAN (do your best). Know when to stop fighting the problem. Tell her you Love her. Accept that you can not make it "right".
A HARD road you have to travel. May the Lord help you.

Echo
10-22-2011, 11:22 AM
One of my chums pointed out that one total need that we have (at our age) is dealing with loss. He has walked in on three of his chums and found them dead. Having lost my wife and oldest son within the past year & 1/2, I have to agree.

But life goes on. The hurt will reduce over time, but never goes away - and it shouldn't. Think of the good times...

Charley
10-22-2011, 11:27 AM
That's rough. Mrs Charley and I dealt with my mother in her last years, not easy to find an appropriate caregiver. My brothers ran like two scared little bunnies, wouldn't even agree she needed help...when I had to take her car away because she couldn't drive, my older brother suggested she "toddle along the back streets".

I know I did the right thing, but it wasn't easy. You have my prayers and respect for stepping up.

Blacksmith
10-22-2011, 04:54 PM
Jim

Do whatever you can to enjoy the time you have with her. I know you and your brother will find a path forward. You will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Blacksmith

Olevern
10-22-2011, 06:41 PM
Jim,
again, our prayers are with you and your family. Not much more to say, we just lost my wife's sister to cancer, the last days were not pretty.

I remember when my dad passed at 90 his body (and heart) was just worn out and he just slipped away while mom was sitting by the hospital bed holding his hand.

Given my druthers, would like to go like my dad, but we don't get to choose.

Anyway, y'all are in our prayers...plz. ignore the message on your cell phone as I hadn't seen this post and was wanting an update on your mom.

Olevern

Wayne Smith
10-22-2011, 06:45 PM
My Mom died years ago of ALS, Dad died about six years ago at 81. I fully undersand your struggle, Jim and Art. Spend as much time with them as you can. No more time after they die. We learn to live again, but it's not easy.

smoked turkey
10-23-2011, 02:36 PM
Jim:
This is a particularily difficult time of life for you and your family. You are almost forced to make decisions and do things that you don't want to do in the care of older loved ones. I don't like nursing homes and the like for our loved ones but sometimes it is the best way. I pray that you will find the right place and make the right decisions for your mom. I know you will. In the end don't go back and beat yourself up and second guess yourself. You are doing what must me done for all involved at this moment.

Crawdaddy
10-23-2011, 06:59 PM
Mom is not well. Brother and I trying to locate her in a facility. Not much time for anything else. Returning to Floyd on 30 Oct. Will report in when possible. Thanks to all for prayers and thoughts.

Jim

You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

linotype
10-23-2011, 08:50 PM
God bless, and may peace be with you and your family in these times.
Wife and I will offer a prayer you.