PDA

View Full Version : new answer to old question.

colt 357
10-18-2011, 06:31 PM
Lurking on another forum and seen the old question on what gun would be your gun in a SHTF senario. I found a new answer to that question that I have to agree with. " The first operational gun with bullets that I can get my hands on. At that point names or types of guns don't count till you can find a better gun with the bullets"

Harter66
10-18-2011, 06:53 PM
Smart answer, a real thinker there.

Sure is nice to live 5 min from work and be able to stay in a ready state.

Three-Fifty-Seven
10-18-2011, 07:50 PM
, one!

mooman76
10-18-2011, 08:11 PM
I agree with 123 Diesel. I thought the whole point of the question was what gun would you want to have ready or your first go to gun. Maybe even if you had to leave your house short notice and you are limited on what you can carry with you, you may have to decide on one or two guns to take with you.

Wayne Smith
10-19-2011, 07:45 AM
Years ago, as a teenager in fact, when "survival knives" were all the rage, I read a very good article about the use of a knife in survival conditions. The point of the article was that you can never predict an emergency and that (then) $150 survival knife of yours will be in your drawer at home when you need a knife. His point: Learn to use your pocket knife, that's the one you will have when you need it.

I thought it a very good comment at the time and still do.

P.K.
10-19-2011, 08:24 AM
Years ago, as a teenager in fact, when "survival knives" were all the rage, I read a very good article about the use of a knife in survival conditions. The point of the article was that you can never predict an emergency and that (then) $150 survival knife of yours will be in your drawer at home when you need a knife. His point: Learn to use your pocket knife, that's the one you will have when you need it.

I thought it a very good comment at the time and still do.

The old "can't use it if you don't have it" argument covers alot of ground on many subjects. ;-)

colt 357
10-19-2011, 05:40 PM
Well I think what he meant was if he didnt have a gun with him. A .22 would be better then a pile of rocks. I cant throw rocks worth a sh*t