PDA

View Full Version : Moly coating with "dual bowls".

Bwana
10-18-2011, 04:59 PM
This could be in the reloading section or the swaging section; but, this section gets more hits so here it is.
I have the Lyman moly coating bowl because I had one of those tumblers at that time numerous years ago. Well, that tumbler gave the ghost long ago and it was relaced with the now older Frankfurt Arsenal tumbler. That tumbler quit about two weeks ago and since I have two of the new style FA tumblers I was going to put the moly bowl on one of them and found out/remembered the bowl attachment is much different.
What to do? Well, about 15 minutes ago I had a light come on. The new FA tumblers still have the center threaded rod so I thought I could remove the media and maybe set the moly bowl inside the FA bowl and place the moly lid on its bowl and screw down the lid.
It all fits!!! It is vibrating in the garage and hopefully coating some of my 44 mag Hybrid bullets. I will keep you apprised. Where there is a will there is a way.

Bwana
10-18-2011, 07:50 PM
It worked like a champ. I can put off buying that third tumbler till midway puts them on sale again.

The Dove
10-18-2011, 08:19 PM
Dang it Bwana, you can't do that!!!! That may not be safe.... Others may read your post and try it too.... Are you sure it's "SAFE"?

The Dove

Bwana
10-18-2011, 08:22 PM
Well, I would say you were being a wiseass; but, I know you too well. You know how dangerous I am for certain people. Thanks for dropping in.