PDA

View Full Version : 45LC cylinder mis-aligned...

quiknot
02-08-2007, 09:06 PM
i found out at the range this morning i have one cylinder over centering past the firing pin causing it not to fire....

to the naked eye and non gunsmith the parts on the cylinder and the lever that moves the cylinder into position look fine...

any comments.....(Uberti 45 clone)

Nueces
02-08-2007, 11:36 PM
By 'over centering', do you mean the cylinder rotates too far, or could it not be fully carrying up when the hammer is cocked?

So, does this happen when the revolver is slow cocked? (Moderator - this is not a $exual reference :mrgreen: ) Or also when cocked quickly?

Could there be peening damage to the offending chamber's bolt notch that prevents the full seating of the locking bolt? Or even a bit of crud in the bolt notch?

More info, please.

Mark

Lee
02-09-2007, 02:09 AM
I can't answer your question outright, but I've got 3 Uberti clones. I "CAN" say this. They seem to be of a reasonably high quality. I wouldn't let this issue turn you against their products. My $0.02.........Lee:)

Char-Gar
02-09-2007, 10:53 AM
Not enough information for an attempt to answer. How long have you had this pistol? How many rounds have you fired through it? When did it start doing this? Has the pistol been fanned...etc. etc... I need some more infomation. Can't answer a half asked question.

Char-Gar
02-09-2007, 11:00 AM
Not enough information for an attempt to answer. How long have you had this pistol? How many rounds have you fired through it? When did it start doing this? Has the pistol been fanned...etc. etc... I need some more infomation. Can't answer a half asked question.

KCSO
02-09-2007, 12:11 PM
JUst a guess but either a weak or broken bolt spring or a bulled locking notch on the cylinder. Like Charger says more info needed.

lar45
02-09-2007, 02:46 PM
Sometimes the notches in the cylinder get peened from spinning the cylinder and and then stopping suddenly when the bolt comes up out of the frame. It also does damage to the bolt and frame. Or if it was fanned hard and fast, the same damage can occure.
It might be a good place to start looking. Can you take closeup pics and post them here?

Parson
02-13-2007, 11:36 PM
Not an uncommon problem, if it is new the cylinder stop notch is not in the right place, send it back, if used any good smith can take care of it.