PDA

View Full Version : Face to Face meetings with Members

wiljen
10-14-2011, 04:07 PM
I went to dinner yesterday with JustinGrosche and Fallout4x4 while traveling on business. It was great to get to put names with faces and I ate entirely too much.

Remember when you travel to see who in our clan is nearby and make plans to have a cup of coffee, a beer, or dinner.

It is great to put names with faces and expand our forum into a conversation over a meal with people you share interests with.

I think my next trip is probably to Charlotte, NC - anybody wanna grab a beer?

Olevern
10-14-2011, 04:13 PM
wiljen,
What part of tn are you from? I get down to eastern tn pretty frequently (Greenville and Gatlinburg)
Olevern

BruceB
10-14-2011, 04:43 PM
"It is great to put names with faces and expand our forum into a conversation over a meal with people you share interests with."

Absolutely true!

Since Year 2000, we've been having the annual Nevada Cast Bullet Shoot, and have met scores (at least) of Cast Boolits members for extended week-ends.

It's difficult to express how fine it is to discuss our hobby with folks who actually UNDERSTAND the 'language' of bullet casting.

Many long-term friendships have resulted from the annual convocations, and since it's only once a year we always have plenty of news and results to spread around. Also, there are always at least a few new faces with whom to become acquainted, and this gives a fresh 'feel' to each Shoot.

We spend so much time in solitary endeavors that having a group meeting offers a real and valuable widening of our perceptions.

Bloodman14
10-14-2011, 04:52 PM
I would love to get together with Missouri casters!

Rick N Bama
10-14-2011, 06:08 PM
I recently met "Little Big Oz" at the Swan Creek WMR Shooting Range. It's good to meet other board members!

Rick

frankenfab
10-14-2011, 08:10 PM
I have met up with 82nd Airborne on 2 or 3 occasions, and justcharlie, who is one of my customers. Every time, an enjoyable experience.

I have just been so busy at work latetly that I don't have time to meet with anybody, except my kids.

Calamity Jake
10-14-2011, 09:29 PM
I met(2003) and now annualy shoot against sundog at our state military bolt BR match
(last weekend) as a matter of fact, it's actually club against club with minimum 5 shooters
per club to qualify.
It's good to talk face to face with him and a couple of other Tulsa shooters that are members here that I can't remember there names.

OKC Gun Club wins again by the way, not to rub it in!!!!

Would love to make a NCBS some day.

Trey45
10-14-2011, 09:57 PM
Last year Ricky P (RamRod) and his wife came over and helped me with a big rendering session. This year I drove over to their place for some wheelin and dealin'. Good people, and ya'll are right, it's great to meet up with other's from our board. If any of ya'll are ever in the north eastern NC inner banks area, let me know.

coloraydo
10-14-2011, 10:03 PM
Yep, met up with rockrat at a gunshow in Ridgeway. Had a nice visit, chatted for an hour or so.
Planning to meet up at a gunshow in Montrose in the spring. Looking forward to it.

justingrosche
10-14-2011, 10:36 PM
I went to dinner yesterday with JustinGrosche and Fallout4x4 while traveling on business. It was great to get to put names with faces and I ate entirely too much.

Remember when you travel to see who in our clan is nearby and make plans to have a cup of coffee, a beer, or dinner.

It is great to put names with faces and expand our forum into a conversation over a meal with people you share interests with.

I think my next trip is probably to Charlotte, NC - anybody wanna grab a beer?

Wil, had a really good time with you and Joe last night. Good food, good beer, and new good friends is hard to beat. Thanks. BTW that flashlight is fantastic. Justin

Love Life
10-14-2011, 11:14 PM
I plan on making it to the NCBS in 2012, and right now I am working on meeting some of my fellow Nevadan (I'm a resident now) boolit shooters.

plmitch
10-15-2011, 12:18 AM
I met with Springfield today for some trading and he's one heck of a nice guy to deal with. Its good to finally met someone here face to face and I hope to meet more.

P.K.
10-15-2011, 12:29 AM
Clarksville here. Don't know of any members near here.

wiljen
10-15-2011, 06:45 AM
WestwindMike isnt too far from you PK

DLCTEX
10-15-2011, 07:59 AM
I met Freightman last year when he came to visit me in the hospital after my by-pass surgery. I enjoyed the visit as abbreviated as it was and look forward to meeting with him again, soon I hope.

smoked turkey
10-15-2011, 10:25 AM
Gunnerd since you are just up the road from me and in fact I do get to the Lebanon area occasionally (factory outlets and women you know!), we should be able to have a face to face meeting. I'll PM you to exchange info. I think this is a wonderful idea.

geargnasher
10-15-2011, 11:39 AM
Yep, met up with rockrat at a gunshow in Ridgeway. Had a nice visit, chatted for an hour or so.
Planning to meet up at a gunshow in Montrose in the spring. Looking forward to it.

Ridgeway had a gun show? I guess that little town is bigger than I thought! We have a vacation house on Pinecrest in Ouray, rent it out to cover the mortage/property caretaker/maintenance/repairs, occasionally we get to use it too! Mrs. and I will be up there about this time next year, might have to look you fellers up.

I've met a couple of members here myself, good people.

Gear

Tom-ADC
10-15-2011, 12:21 PM
I got to meet a couple, Old Hickory and BorderBrewer fine people for sure.
When we road trip next summer I'd like to meet a few more.

btroj
10-15-2011, 03:35 PM
Only member I have met is 1shirt. Seeing that he is my FIL I don't think that counts.

If anyone is in the Omaha area look us up.

Echo
10-15-2011, 07:46 PM
Would like to meet with other Tucson & vicinity casters, for breakfast, or lunch or whatever.

P.K.
10-16-2011, 12:53 AM
WestwindMike isnt too far from you PK

I'll PM him and see where it goes. Thanks for the heads up.Anyone who burns AV gas to get boolits has to be a good guy!

Adam10mm
10-16-2011, 01:42 AM
I've met redneckdan, ovendoctor, and ktw in person. Think that's it from this forum. All three are good people.

EMC45
10-17-2011, 10:05 AM
Have met Kjg, 1st Shirt, SirGKnight. Also MGD 45 and WallaceM. I have known them before my time here so I don't think that counts. Also work with TreeRatsMustDie.

Harter66
10-18-2011, 07:03 PM
Trying to get some meetings together. I did meet NVScouter, different social layers w/a common intrest. Nice enough guy though.

TCLouis
10-20-2011, 10:40 PM
That is but one good reason why the minimum of at least "state" of residence should be required in the location.
PK, Westwindmike and I are within 75 miles of each other and I think there are at least two more middle Tennesseans here.

I only WISH that I was close enough to go to the cast boolit extravaganza in Nevada every year.

IF other ranges can be found maybe we should start "regional shoots" patterened after the Nevada shoot where the shooting competition does NOT get in the way of the fun.

Muddy Creek Sam
10-20-2011, 10:52 PM
Have met McKee Boykin, lastborn, RickyP, CaptainRon, and Uncle Jefro And a few more. Have known GP100man for over 25 years, he got me to join, Thanks Rich.

Sam :D

waksupi
10-20-2011, 11:55 PM
Can't remember all of them. 45nut, Urny, Charlie, AKA the Deacon, Dean D, my brothers Gary Carter and Elawolf, mysterious member 15,000, Shuz, Pilgrim, Elijah (Can't remember your board handle!), and had lunch with MtGianni today. Bet I missed a few.

P.K.
10-21-2011, 12:09 AM
That is but one good reason why the minimum of at least "state" of residence should be required in the location.
PK, Westwindmike and I are within 75 miles of each other and I think there are at least two more middle Tennesseans here.

I only WISH that I was close enough to go to the cast boolit extravaganza in Nevada every year.

IF other ranges can be found maybe we should start "regional shoots" patterened after the Nevada shoot where the shooting competition does NOT get in the way of the fun.

Never got a yea or nea from WWM. You are welcome to join my Da and I in a combined BP and .223/6.8 shoot during the week leading up to turkey day...;-)

Me da is a lurker and will be down here from London, KY. In the week of turkey day and we have a couple of range trips planed. All welcome. The more the merrier!

stealthshooter
10-21-2011, 12:43 AM
If any of you guys are ever in SE Idaho look me up!

EMC45
10-21-2011, 10:08 AM
Also did a trade with JimKim as well. All good guys!

Crawdaddy
10-22-2011, 11:56 PM
Anybody near Abq, NM?

thx997303
10-23-2011, 10:19 PM
Lessee here.

When I was living in San antonio, I regularly met up with Jestergrin_1, good guy he is.

Met up with 1874sharps at a gun store near lackland airforce base.

Visited with geargnasher on my way home to Utah.

I started JTknives' lead addiction by teaching him to cast at a bbq I threw for the purpose. Also introduced Kevin Jensen to the hobby.

Met up with KennethF at the local scrap yard.

dk17hmr was kind enough to have JT and I at his home for a weekend of shooting P-dogs.

I visit leftiye in his home every so often. I enjoy talking with him over coffee.

At the Big Bore P-dog shoot this year, I got the chance to shoot with and spend time with 45nut, Dean D, Dale, handle dale22etc I believe, runfiverun, runfiveswife, runfiveslittlegirl, lovetoshoot, dan walker, ,and possibly others that I may not remember at the moment.

Just prior to BBPDS, I picked up man.electric at the airport for BBPDS, and he spent a night in my home before we headed up.

405win was at my home the other day. Group buy business.

If I screwed up anybody's handle, I apologize.

This forum has plenty of good people frequenting it, and I'm glad to have had the chance to meet as many as I have so far.

Which reminds me, I gotta pay SwedeNelson a visit soon. He aint far off, and I just haven't made it down there yet.

Edit: Forgot to mention Stick_man. We've worked on scrounging lead at a range, but have yet to smelt any of it, or finish the range cleanup.

realfisher
10-24-2011, 01:30 AM
any one besides justin aka steel13 from wash state?

badgeredd
10-25-2011, 08:56 AM
It would be nice to have a way of finding other members on the forum. It seems to be a bit dificult to "hunt" down fellow members at times. I've been fortunate and met several face to face and have become friends with a few here in Michigan. Because people want to protect their privacy, at least a little, we tend to disguise our where-abouts often. Because I'm in SW Michigan, I've met members from Northern Indiana, NW Ohio, and Michigan. One thing for sure, it is fun to meet others with lead in their blood.

Edd

mtnman31
10-25-2011, 10:13 AM
So far, I have had three face to face meets with members in addition to a few phone calls and lots of PM's and emails. I always look forward to future get togethers and meeting others who share my enthusiasm for the hobby.

PatMarlin
10-27-2011, 10:19 AM
Here's a twist...

Just found out through PM's that Mal Paso and I have met, I know his former partners, and have property not far from each other, and had met at dinner BBQ and beers about 7 years ago.

Small world out there.

You guys can come up and visit me any time. Only downside is I'll put you to work.. :mrgreen:

Freightman
10-27-2011, 11:37 AM
I have met DLCTEX and Cactus Farmer all are great and look forward to continued meetings, even though all my kin of my generation have moved in one way or another from the eastern Panhandle, I still want to stay in touch with DLCTEX. the farmer is from west Texas and I took a trip down there to see him it is a very long drive from Amarillo.