PDA

View Full Version : The reason why...

redneckdan
02-07-2007, 12:55 PM
....I ski. I will admit that right after I took these pics, I railed a tree pretty good.

Howie and another patroler
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/redneckdan/IMGP1171.jpg

Howie tearing it up on teles.
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/redneckdan/IMGP1185.jpg

Scrounger
02-07-2007, 01:10 PM
How do you get photos to post that big? When I resize them to meet the 100 kb posting size here, they come out tiny; any bigger than that the software won't post them.?????

mozark
02-07-2007, 01:13 PM
Nice. Your terrain is very similar to ours here in the Allegheny Highlands. Now you've got me thinking about skiing after a 3 year layoff due to two achilles reconstructions. Time to get back on the hores. I think I'll get my skis out and clean up the edges tonight.

MM

redneckdan
02-07-2007, 01:27 PM
whats your file host? I size to 1070x800, good detail but doesn't melt down the slower machines like the raw 3008x2000 pics do. I use photobucket. I know that photobucket automaticaly resizes, you can adjust what it sizes to. What is you picture formatt? TIF and PNG are inherently bigger files than jpegs, but you don't get generational distortion like you do with jpegs.

Ya, the keeweenaw is pretty flat compared to out west. This pic is about 450ft above lake level. The longest run on the mountain is 400 vertical feet. This run is cannonball, a double black, ungroomed, with trees. I started skiing in early december, I can keep up with the patrolers so I guess I'm doin okay.

wills
02-07-2007, 01:45 PM
How do you get photos to post that big? When I resize them to meet the 100 kb posting size here, they come out tiny; any bigger than that the software won't post them.?????

That was a photobucket link, not an upload.

Scrounger
02-07-2007, 01:45 PM
What's that in American English? (Is that an oxymoron?) My digital camera is by Hewlitt-Packard and I have ACDSEE software as well as some others. I THINK my format is jpg??? So what can I do to get pictures like yours? I usually post directly from my hard drive rather than use a photo host although I do have several hosting accounts.

454PB
02-07-2007, 02:59 PM
Direct picture posting has restrictions that linked photo posting does not. Rather than directly posting from your hard drive, you are imbedding a link to the hosting site.

Some of the pictures I post are linked, and some are uploaded from my hard drive to the forum server. For larger, higher resolution, the linking works well. For small photos, I usually upload to the server. This forum has a limited amount of attachment storage, and if you "clean house" and remove some to gain storage, any of the posts where those removed pictures were used are then missing the picture.

The answer for you is to use the photo hosting you have. To find out what format they are in, right click your picture and look at the "properties".

redneckdan
02-07-2007, 04:13 PM
me trying not to suck too much.
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/redneckdan/IMGP1200.jpg

dk17hmr
02-07-2007, 04:54 PM
Yea down hill is pretty fun....you should try cross country behind a quad.

Where are you at to get that view?

Scrounger
02-07-2007, 07:10 PM
I will use the photo hosting more. My format is jpg, not much I can do about that.

Bret4207
02-07-2007, 07:55 PM
Was on skis from age 2 to about 18. Haven't been on a pair of slats in 30 years. Darn. A rich mans sport these days.

redneckdan
02-07-2007, 08:10 PM
Where are you at to get that view?

in houghton michigan, michigan technological university. a drinking school with an engineering problem.