PDA

View Full Version : Rat yourself in.

looseprojectile
10-13-2011, 04:37 AM
http://realestate.msn.com/how-to-test-for-lead-dust-after-a-remodel

Didn't there used to be an article in the Bill Of Rights against self incrimination?

Life is good

Kraschenbirn
10-13-2011, 10:29 AM
I live just outside of a midwestern city where the two largest industries are a "major" university and a regional medical center...i.e. the mayor and city council are all, essentially, fruitcakes. Under the regulations currently in effect locally, just to install a replacement window or door a contractor must test for lead paint in the existing trim and, if lead paint is detected, hazmat procedures kick in. Workers must wear filter masks, gloves, disposable booties, etc, area must the isolated (plastic sheeting, disposable drop cloths), and all "lead bearing" wastes (old trim, window frames, etc) bagged and "properly disposed of". Said regulations have more than tripled labor cost of installing "energy efficient" windows/doors in older houses. Some of our local "greenies" have even proposed a city ordinance that would require a "lead free" certification before selling or renting out a house built before 1978.

Bill

frkelly74
10-13-2011, 10:32 PM
I gave up my contractors license because of the requirement for lead certification and the $500 fee that the government wanted for the certification so that I could then renew and pay for a builders license. Extortion!

There Is No Common Sense!

looseprojectile
10-14-2011, 04:40 AM
and find lead and report that to the authorities.

And get removed from your own home.

Ya shure you betcha!

People are really that ignorant?

Life is good