PDA

View Full Version : sizing

02-06-2007, 10:25 AM
i am sure this has been asked before. is there a proper time to wait before sizing bullets? same day-next day-next week- next mo???

WHITETAIL
02-06-2007, 10:47 AM
It has been said to size right after you heat treat your boolets. I do not do that.
Frist I clean all of my lead.
After all of my lead is in ingets and marked.
Then I mold all of my boolets and put them up in coffee cans.
They are all maked on the outside of the can, and also the info and date on a paper inside.
Then I start loading one cal. at a time.
If I find my boolets are not to the BH I need at that time then I heat treat them.

Bass Ackward
02-06-2007, 11:20 AM
i am sure this has been asked before. is there a proper time to wait before sizing bullets? same day-next day-next week- next mo???

Depends on what diameter you need and what size sizer you have. I just made my dad some Keiths out of my 15 BHN rifle mix for his wheeler in 44 caliber. Sized after one week in a .431 sizer they came out at .4315 which is what he wanted. He just got off the phone complaining that they are .433 and was I drinking when blah, blah, blah. So I have to size them again now with probably another die to get .4315.

So when you size depends on what you get and what you need. I will tell you this. A lot of times that guys believe in hard bullets, it is really because they are getting larger diameter bullets that they do better. Not always, but a good portion of the time.