PDA

View Full Version : 41 Long Colt webpage

Harry O
02-05-2007, 09:54 PM
Anyone interested in the 41 Long Colt should check this webpage out.

http://harryo.sixshootercommunity.org/

Wayne Smith
02-06-2007, 08:38 AM
Harry, all that comes up is "Harry Owens' Virtual Rifle Range" on a blank screen. What gives?

Harry O
02-06-2007, 08:49 AM
Harry, all that comes up is "Harry Owens' Virtual Rifle Range" on a blank screen. What gives?

Sorry, but it works for me from two different computers and two different web browsers. Will try to find out what is wrong.

ron brooks
02-06-2007, 10:41 AM
Worked okay for me.

Ron

kywoodwrkr
02-06-2007, 01:06 PM
I wouldn't limit that visit to just folks interested in the 41 Colt.
There is some reaaallllly good information there.:Fire:
It is a real good introduction to heel bullet use in particular.
I Liked my visit very much.
Thanks Harry.:drinks:
DaveP kywoodwrkr

w30wcf
02-06-2007, 02:10 PM
Harry O,

Nice webpage. Lots of neat information .
Thank you for the link.

w30wcf

Firebird
02-07-2007, 08:01 PM
Wayne

Go to the page, then click on your "reload" button; Harry O's page should then come up for you.
You are getting an old copy of the ISP's placeholder page that is being held in cache somewhere between you and Harry's webserver.

robertbank
02-07-2007, 08:09 PM
Excellent site. I load my heel base boolits and crimp them with a crimping tool made out of lineman pliers. Works great. I use fire formed .38spl cases. Alloy used is WW air cooled.

Take care

Bob

gregg
02-07-2007, 08:49 PM
WHERE!!!
Whats the addy if you would please?
Cool HarryO.. I think its is a need thing.
You done alot of work on the old 41 Colt

Ranch Dog
02-07-2007, 11:47 PM
Nice Page Harry O...

Your name actually came up in a topic I opened up on Shooters Forum (http://shootersforum.com/showthread.htm?t=9885) several years ago concerning a 41 LC I acquired through my late spouse's family. I no longer have the pistol, having returned it to keep it in that family but I've remained interested in this caliber.

I don't know if anyone hunts with this caliber but I actually took a couple of hogs with the pistol. One hot summer day I found two young feral hogs taking a nap under a large live oak. I happened to have that pistol in my truck and the original box of ammo as I had recently taken it to a smith to examine. I shot those two porkers right square in the head and they both dropped like rocks. The gun surprised me, very loud!

Wayne Smith
02-09-2007, 08:31 AM
Wayne

Go to the page, then click on your "reload" button; Harry O's page should then come up for you.
You are getting an old copy of the ISP's placeholder page that is being held in cache somewhere between you and Harry's webserver.

Nope, didn't work. I'll have to try it in Internet Explorer, it's probably an AOL issue.

Harry O
02-09-2007, 08:24 PM
Ranch Dog: I wouldn't have thought of hunting with the 41LC, but you can't argue with success. Looks like what Elmer Keith said about it was true. A much better fight stopper than its paper ballistics suggest -- and better than any .38 Special load made (at least back when he was writing). Good job!

robertbank
02-09-2007, 10:10 PM
Vancouver, B.C. carried the .41LC right up to the early 50's. Not much of a target gun but could do a job on two legged folks a shorter ranges.

HarryO I solved the crimping problems with my heel based boolits with the use of a wire cutter with a hole drilled out in the jaws. Works great and the loads are far more accurate when the boolit is crimped properly.

Take Care

Bob

gregg
02-10-2007, 09:55 PM
Nice Page Harry O...

Your name actually came up in a topic I opened up on Shooters Forum (http://shootersforum.com/showthread.htm?t=9885) several years ago concerning a 41 LC I acquired through my late spouse's family. I no longer have the pistol, having returned it to keep it in that family but I've remained interested in this caliber.

I don't know if anyone hunts with this caliber but I actually took a couple of hogs with the pistol. One hot summer day I found two young feral hogs taking a nap under a large live oak. I happened to have that pistol in my truck and the original box of ammo as I had recently taken it to a smith to examine. I shot those two porkers right square in the head and they both dropped like rocks. The gun surprised me, very loud!

Thank You . How cool is that a hunting report with a 41 LC
Gregg

Ricochet
02-10-2007, 10:04 PM
Just a thought: I wonder if a tubing cutter would work to crimp heel bullets in?

robertbank
02-11-2007, 12:04 PM
The key to making the crimping tool is to get the diameter of the hole in the pliars cut just right. My crimping tool just squeezes the case a thousanth no more. Seems to work just great. I use fire formed .39spl cases to make my .41LC cases.

Take Care

Bob

sharps_74
01-19-2008, 09:36 PM
I have searched for this past week for this info. and didn't even find half as much as you have on your page. Thank you so much for making it.