PDA

View Full Version : Lee 452-200 TL SWC

DLCTEX
10-08-2011, 08:02 PM
I tried these in my 1911 today and had some feeding problems. First I had to seat the boolits deeper than the non tumble lube Lee 200 gr. SWC I had been using. The boolit had to be seated with the top band almost flush with the case mouth to get them to headspace correctly. This causes an occasional hangup with the case hanging on the top of the chamber. I will try a different magazine as the one I was using was a GI surplus designed for hardball. I will have to check the boolits to see if the top band one one is smaller and would explain why one will chamber with more top band showing. The GI mag feeds the regular grooved boolits with no problems.:veryconfu

MtGun44
10-08-2011, 09:51 PM
GI mags have a late release, which is ideal for normal LOA. If you have shorter than normal
LOA, which it sounds like, the early release design can help.

Bill

DLCTEX
10-16-2011, 09:13 PM
I changed mags and broke the sharp corner on the back of the barrel hood, then noticed that the extractor wasn't holding the empty cases and adjusted it. now they run fine. This 1911 is 16 years old and has seen about 30,000 rounds through it. Not surprising that it needed some maintenance. It still shoots good.