PDA

View Full Version : Big Sale at Cabellas

williamwaco
10-08-2011, 05:46 PM
I don't see a forum for components so I am puting this here:

EVERYONE:

Just got an Email from Cabella's. Big sale.

20% off on all reloading components.

http://www.cabelas.com/browse.cmd?categoryId=104275080&WTz_l=Home

Thecyberguy
10-08-2011, 05:53 PM
Hey William!

Got my flyer last week and stocked up on 224 bullets for my AR....saved nearly $30.

TCG

Sonnypie
10-08-2011, 06:28 PM
I'd consider it, but those hazardous material fee's, on top of shipping sure puts me off from buying the powder and primers I need.
So I go local for my bang/POW stuff.

Ziptar
10-08-2011, 06:38 PM
I'd consider it, but those hazardous material fee's, on top of shipping sure puts me off from buying the powder and primers I need.
So I go local for my bang/POW stuff.

Been a while but, could have it shipped to the local Cabela's store and pick it up there without the Haz-Mat mat fee. I think they still do it. So if you've got one close by you it works out.

longranger
10-08-2011, 06:52 PM
Is 200 miles or 173 close ?,I can get better deals elsewhere than Cabelas.They don't even register when I need reloading componets.

Sonnypie
10-08-2011, 06:54 PM
Been a while but, could have it shipped to the local Cabela's store and pick it up there without the Haz-Mat mat fee. I think they still do it. So if you've got one close by you it works out.

There in lies the problem. Cabela's stays OUT of California.
Nearest one in in Aridzona.
Don't know the politics of it, but they know enough to keep their retail stores far away from this rat infested State of denial.
Otherwise... good advice, Ziptar.

There are two ranges near me that sell reloading supplies of sorts.
I need a keg of IMR or H 4895 for my rifle loading. I have a lot of shotgun/pistol powders on hand.

But no Cabela's. :sad::groner:

A pause for the COZ
10-08-2011, 09:43 PM
I love getting stuff for free. I have a Cabelas Visa that I earn points on when ever I buy from some one else. Because their prices are 20% higher than I can usually find any way.
Then when they have a sale like this. I swoop in and redeem my points.
Got some bullets coming my way for FREE!!!:p

Mal Paso
10-08-2011, 10:55 PM

Just tried to have Primers shipped to the store and Cabelas said NO!

Ammo Yes Primers No

geargnasher
10-08-2011, 11:12 PM
I appreciate the "heads up" Williamwaco, but I'm afraid Cabela's has become a marketing company rather than a retail sales company. Just like Harley-Davidson motorcycles and Fender guitars, they make their bank by plastering their logo on generic Chinese merchandise, listing it for twenty times what it's worth, then having a 50% off sale so you think you're getting a deal. Anybody ever actually try to buy primers or powder at a Cabela's store? Their "powder magazine" is about the size of a hall closet and has less powder in it than MY magazine does, and my store keeps no more than 20K primers on hand at any given time. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems that they charge more than just about anyone else unless they're having a sale.

Gear

happyfast79
10-08-2011, 11:33 PM
they had small rifle and large pistol mah primers on sale for 19,.99 per 1000 last year so i bought 10,000 and they have greta prices on the pieta revolvers

Beagler
10-08-2011, 11:38 PM
I live 45 minutes from the Hamburg PA one. Its real dangerous sometimes for me living that close to it. I also hit the one in Wheeling WV on my way back to my hometown in WV to see family and hunt

Ziptar
10-08-2011, 11:49 PM
Just tried to have Primers shipped to the store and Cabelas said NO!

Ammo Yes Primers No

I guess they changed it, disregard it then.

Charlie Two Tracks
10-09-2011, 04:14 PM
I just got back from Cabelas. We went up to Wisconsin apple area and stopped at Prairie Du Chien. Cabela's had a sale on line and I printed off the price for H-110 and they honored it. They did have some pretty good deals on merchandise in the store. I try to buy summer things in the fall and winter things in the Spring. Works better for me that way.

JonB_in_Glencoe
10-09-2011, 09:34 PM
Anybody ever actually try to buy primers or powder at a Cabela's store? Their "powder magazine" is about the size of a hall closet and has less powder in it than MY magazine does, and my store keeps no more than 20K primers on hand at any given time. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems that they charge more than just about anyone else unless they're having a sale.
Gear

Gear,
I do buy primers and powder at the Rogers, MN store all the time.
they use to have the powder and primers behind the counter.
Now they are out on the shelf with everything else...SORT OF !!!
one box of this and one box of that. I have always asked if they
have more in back...they always ask, "How Much you want ?"
they always have some on the back. Also many times the prices
on the shelves are wrong. I always do a price check before
I take anything to the front checkouts. I'm not sure if it's
online sales and not advertised in the store or just errors ?
Jon