PDA

View Full Version : tester wanted for new Bull Patch lube

Bullshop
02-05-2007, 02:45 PM
Any charcoal burners here? Its hard to believe but we realy found time to work on a patch lube. Its a work in progress at this point meaning theres prolly room for improvment.
I would sure like for somone to give it a try and suggest how we may adjust things to more closely approach perfection.
Anyone interested in testing just PM me.
Thanks Yall!
BIC/BS

Rattus58
02-06-2007, 01:51 AM
Hey Dan... I'll try yer lube on my bullets if you'd like. Send them COD. Will it work in a Lyman sizer?

Aloha.. Tom :cool:

Bullshop
02-06-2007, 02:07 AM
I just emailed and pm'd you. We had a crash and I lost DWB's. Can ya link me up?
No no this aint no boolit lube. Its way too soft, it would just make a mess of a lube sizer. Its just for buttering up patches. I have been wanting to offer the ball shooters the same type of lube we have been using on the conicles.
Have had some ideas for quite awhile now and getting that 54 TC finaly gave me a chance to try it.
It worked good for me, I think?!? With little experiance to go on dont have much to compare to.
Have had several helpfull sorts step forward to offer help.
Your welcome to try too if ya want to.
BIC/BS

lonewolf5347
02-06-2007, 03:34 AM
I shoot patch round ball for years in my 45,50, 54 flinters,seem my choice lube so far is 60/40 and a table spoon of olive oil.
I tried some other brews but always came to to my mix works fine with walmart blue and white stripe pillow material
I find no need to swap between shots when shooting RB but I pass a spit patch on the 5 shot
I would like to give you new lube a shot

44woody
02-07-2007, 02:28 AM
Bullshop I would give it a try it will give me a reason to get to the range I shoot a 50 and a 58 cal :castmine: 44Woody

spottedpony
02-07-2007, 10:43 PM
i'd be interested in trying it too, & comparing to my current lube. PM me with details please. ive got a couple of rifles with way different personalities to try it in

Rattus58
02-07-2007, 11:29 PM
Well that would suit me fine too... I have a slew of patched ball shooters and 3 brand new 1-70 twisters for 40, 54, and 58 calibers... :)

Aloha.. :cool:

canon6
02-08-2007, 09:26 PM
If I could help I would be happy to .I am shooting a 62 Doug

47tip
02-12-2007, 11:29 PM
This just might be what my .72 cal Jim Bridger is lookin fer. 47tip

Bigjohn
02-13-2007, 02:30 AM
All I can offer is a .40cal Rifle and a .75 cal. Smoothbore plus I'm on the other side of this here planet.

John.

skullmount
02-13-2007, 11:40 AM
All I can offer is a .40cal Rifle and a .75 cal. Smoothbore plus I'm on the other side of this here planet.

John.

After you test it....Dan can advertise..."this product tested the world over" :-D

Bigjohn
02-13-2007, 11:16 PM
I might have to try and sell him on that idea. [smilie=1:

John

Postscript; At this time of the year we are in summer and this one has been a long dry and hot one. Some days it is so hot and dry it is dangerous to strike a flint against steel.

Where I live, I can walk around and pick up flint stones so the farmers have to be careful about mowing their paddocks/fields. Strike one and we have a fire.

Would be nice to learn flint knapping!

John.

waksupi
02-14-2007, 08:50 AM
Dan, lube arrived yesterday. Will it hurt to melt this, to apply to the patches? I am thinking microwave, to do up a batch at a time. Our winter rendezvous is this weekend, so will give it a test in the smoothbore.

Bullshop
02-14-2007, 02:55 PM
Ric
No melting wont hurt. Got back the first test report and it was not favorable. I guess I was not clear on that this is not a refined product and thats what the test is about. A step in the refining process, a tried by fire kinda thing. Well he musta thought it was a done deal and used it in a match. He had fouling issues and lost the match. He told me he has not lost a match in a LONG time.
He did give me what I was looking for in suggestions for improvment. I already have a #2 version ready to go. I will wait for the other testers reports then offer the #2 version for comparison. Hay if I am a falier at this at least it will have gotten some o-- f---'- away from the computer and out shooting, NO OFFENCE ment to any o-- f---'-
I had to ask for help on this because there is no source available here for BP.
Its hard to develope a BP lube without BP.
I did have a revelation the night after the first report. I was going over things as I was drifting off to sleep and ding ding a bell rang. I am using the same things for this that I use in all my lubes but with the %'s rearanged.
I was thinking leading/fouling controll when it hit me. HELLOW there is no leading with a patch! There is only fouling controll. OK OK now that I have been hit on the head lets see what I can do with the lump. BTW I got your payment, even though I said you didnt have to pay. I'll get you for that!
BIC/BS

waksupi
02-14-2007, 09:34 PM
Well, since fouling problems have already been mentioned, I won't use it in competition this weekend. I'll wait for one of our regular club shoots and give it a go. My first impression was, that it would most likely be a fouling lube, as the consistancy is close to klister ski wax. Regardless, I will try it out.

floodgate
02-15-2007, 12:49 AM
waksupi:

Wasn't it you I sent a bunch of old ski wax to back in the "Shooters" days? I think there was some klister (Swedish for "icky-poo") among it.

floodgate

waksupi
02-15-2007, 08:42 AM
Floodgate, yes that was me. I've did more than a few experiments with the various waxes, and have had some good, and some bad results. I've used them in BP, rifle, and pistol. Pistol has seen the most use, with the best results. All in all, I believe the wax is just the carrier, and the add ins, are most likely what effects it's efficiency.