PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in the KC/Ft. Leavenworth area?

TheDoctor
10-06-2011, 07:47 AM
Going to be there in about two weeks, for most of a year. Stateside mobilization. Having to leave family behind, and its always good to know if good people are around when one is a new fish in a strange pond.

rhbrink
10-06-2011, 08:17 AM
Yep! I live south of KC on the Missouri side, I shoot at Pioneer Gun Club on a regular basis. Pioneer is located East of KC about 30 miles South of Bates City send me a PM if interested.

7br
10-06-2011, 10:51 AM
Tri County Rod and Gun club is down by Lawrence. You might contact Fourarmed about it.

FISH4BUGS
10-06-2011, 03:41 PM
My dad was with the US Disciplinary Barracks (the prison) at Ft. Leavenworth and was with the 205th MP Company. Also had some connection with the Command and General Staff College.
I spent from age 12-17 years old there. Graduated from Leavenworth High school. There from 1961-1966.
Beautiful Post. Lots of prison labor to keep it clean.
From what I know, it is considered a good duty station.....but then I was a kid.
My dad is buried at the Ft. Leavenworth Cemetary.
Will be visitng there next summer.
Enjoy the duty.

jpatm2
10-06-2011, 03:50 PM
I was stationed there a couple years ago. Check out the Rod and Gun Club. They raffle off guns every couple months. Also, the trap and skeet range sells guns as well. It was a good place to be.

FISH4BUGS, they no longer employ the prisoners from the USDB, they hire prisoners from the federal pen. Kinda odd seeing the Federal Prisoners driving big equipment, walking around with chainsaws, etc.

MtGun44
10-06-2011, 10:33 PM
We shoot IPSC every Friday night at the Bullet Hole indoor range. Swiss rifle if you are
inclined or may already have a K31, runs in the warmer months, we've had several from
staff college attend in the past. PM me if you want some more details.

Bill

TheDoctor
10-19-2011, 07:08 PM
Life is full of little surprises. Got to Leavenworth Monday, and they reassigned me to Fort Leonard Wood, MO! So, now I am there. By the looks of it, it's where I will be for the remainder of my time. Still inprocessing, but am going to have to start house/apartment hunting in the next day or so.

FISH4BUGS
10-19-2011, 08:47 PM
FISH4BUGS, they no longer employ the prisoners from the USDB, they hire prisoners from the federal pen. Kinda odd seeing the Federal Prisoners driving big equipment, walking around with chainsaws, etc.

He said that if any of his guards allowed an escape while they were out policing up the Fort, that guard would have to serve out the sentence of the one he allowed to escape.
Don't know if he was serious but as far as I can recall, he never had anyone escape while he was there.
I recall my dad had some of his yard work and painting done by trustees. I guess you could do that kind of stuff in the early 60's.....

autofix4u
10-19-2011, 08:58 PM
Life is full of little surprises. Got to Leavenworth Monday, and they reassigned me to Fort Leonard Wood, MO! So, now I am there. By the looks of it, it's where I will be for the remainder of my time. Still inprocessing, but am going to have to start house/apartment hunting in the next day or so.

I am about an hour south of Ft Lenard wood.
I shoot at the Marshfied Shooting club in Marshfield Mo. Private club and must be a menber or guest of one to shoot, But dues are only $75 a year.
The kids and I are there on most sunday afternoons.