PDA

View Full Version : Hey no 1

cabezaverde
02-04-2007, 07:07 PM
Based on your post in the "My Single Shots....." thread, I take it your are shooting cast in your 375 Winchester Ruger #3.

I haven't really done all that much experimenting with mine yet using cast. Any tips, pitfalls, experiences, or loads to share?

No_1
02-05-2007, 07:46 PM
Of course, Cast your chamber and seat the bullets out as far as you can. I have tried the 37-250 and the 377449. Both shot so-so and that is because all I did was load up some mid-range loads when I got it so I could check it out but have not really had the chance to ring it out real good. I believe that a much heavier (read as longer) bullet would do that thing justice. I have so many things going on right now that I have not dropped the hammer on that thing in about 2 years. What I do remember is when you drop the hammer on that light rifle with a healthy load, it will sting a little. Not as much as the 45-70 in the #3's but more than the .44 in the #3's. I really enjoyed the 30-40 #3 with J bullets. It was a pure joy to shoot.

You might want to check with BruceB as I think he has/had one.

Robert

Based on your post in the "My Single Shots....." thread, I take it your are shooting cast in your 375 Winchester Ruger #3.

I haven't really done all that much experimenting with mine yet using cast. Any tips, pitfalls, experiences, or loads to share?

waksupi
02-05-2007, 09:19 PM
Happy B-day, No_1!

No_1
02-05-2007, 10:16 PM
Thanks man! Another one down and too many to count left. Raise you glass with me.

Robert

Happy B-day, No_1!