PDA

View Full Version : MakeMineA10mm loose his father

DCP
10-01-2011, 08:59 AM
MakeMineA10mm lost his father

His father is being buried today. Not many of us grow up with a Master Chief and a Fire Captain as a father.

Joe was a special man and he raised a very fine son. Thats a darn Fine legacy.

What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.

Rest in peace Master Chief.

To all the family you are in my prayers
Vaya con Dios

9.3X62AL
10-01-2011, 09:03 AM
Rest In Peace, Master Chief/Captain.

jmsj
10-01-2011, 09:22 AM
MakeMineA10MM,
My condolences for your loss.
My family and I will keep you and yours in our prayers.
jmsj

mroliver77
10-01-2011, 10:19 AM
MakeMineA10MM,
My condolences also.

Mine has been gone almost 20 years. I still think of him often.
J

hardcase54
10-01-2011, 12:44 PM
MakeMine10MM, prayers to you and yours. Lost my Dad last year,Think of him often. Am sure you will also. God Bless.

Finster101
10-01-2011, 12:46 PM
My condolences to you and your family.

blackthorn
10-01-2011, 12:51 PM
MakeMineA10MM,
Our deepest sympathy. My Dad has been gone for many years but there remains a very large empty space in my life. Your Dad seems to have been a remarkable man, may he R.I.P.

Bret4207
10-01-2011, 06:17 PM
Thoughts and prayers to the whole family and friends.

45nut
10-01-2011, 08:26 PM
Rest in peace Master Chief. Condolences Mic.

Dean D.
10-01-2011, 08:34 PM
Rest in Peace Master Chief. Prayers sent to his family and friends.

kbstenberg
10-01-2011, 09:34 PM
Make Mine A 10MM your father is resting in peace knowing you upholding his values.

Adam10mm
10-01-2011, 09:37 PM
My condolences Mic.

plmitch
10-01-2011, 10:05 PM
My condolences to you and your family

P.K.
10-01-2011, 11:26 PM
Fair Skies Master Chief....Hope I meet the Standard......
MMA10MM. Your Da set the standard for many military men. We have done our best, but we have never been able to match those who have come before us.

God Bless!

firefly1957
10-02-2011, 09:44 AM
Condolences and prayers for MakeMineA10MM and his family.

Olevern
10-02-2011, 11:58 AM
May God walk those dark hills with you and yours. For everything under heaven there is a time. When the time for grief passes, move on with your life as he would want you to.
Prayers going up for you and yours.
vern

MakeMineA10mm
10-02-2011, 08:47 PM
Thank you one and all for your thoughts, prayers, and condolensces.

Dad had an amazing life. He got to work two careers that he loved and either one of which I would have been jealous to have had.

His funeral was amazing. Casket was stenciled in gold leaf like a pumper and had his rank and dept. name on it. He was dressed in his class A USCG uniform with lots of gold braid. Three pall bearers were E-7s and E-8s he worked with at his reserve unit and three were Captains/Asst. Chiefs he worked with at the fire dept. Hurst was a pumper. Taps played by a bugler who is a family friend (Navy), bagpipes, 21-gun salute, nice service by the minister and lots of friends and, for the first time in about 15 years, all of my mom's family was together in one place.

Dad lived 80 years and other than a wall falling on him at a fire in the early 70s, he never had a serious medical problem until the last 6 months. Almost 300 families/friends came to the visitation, and I figure it would have been double that at least, if he hadn't out-lived so many of his contemporaries. He had 4 kids, 9 grandkids, and 13 great-grandkids.

Hard to feel sad when there's so much to celebrate. He had a wonderful life for himself!

P.K.
10-02-2011, 09:43 PM
thank you one and all for your thoughts, prayers, and condolensces.

Dad had an amazing life. He got to work two careers that he loved and either one of which i would have been jealous to have had.

His funeral was amazing. Casket was stenciled in gold leaf like a pumper and had his rank and dept. Name on it. He was dressed in his class a uscg uniform with lots of gold braid. Three pall bearers were e-7s and e-8s he worked with at his reserve unit and three were captains/asst. Chiefs he worked with at the fire dept. Hurst was a pumper. Taps played by a bugler who is a family friend (navy), bagpipes, 21-gun salute, nice service by the minister and lots of friends and, for the first time in about 15 years, all of my mom's family was together in one place.

Dad lived 80 years and other than a wall falling on him at a fire in the early 70s, he never had a serious medical problem until the last 6 months. Almost 300 families/friends came to the visitation, and i figure it would have been double that at least, if he hadn't out-lived so many of his contemporaries. He had 4 kids, 9 grandkids, and 13 great-grandkids.

Hard to feel sad when there's so much to celebrate. He had a wonderful life for himself!

amen.

MakeMineA10mm
10-02-2011, 10:03 PM
Among many impressive things, the most-impressive thing to me during the funeral was the response of people who never new him and, indeed, didn't even know who he was during the funeral. Almost every car stopped (both lanes; both directions), including on the two busiest roads, as we drove 5 miles through town. People even came out of their businesses and stopped walking down the street and turned toward the procession. A crew of roofers (not known in our area to be the most up-standing citizens) even stopped roofing and stood up and watched and waited as we drove by!

I'm sure it's the 09-11 connection to firefighters so many people feel now, but in my city of 40,000+, I never expected such a distinct reaction. It was amazing and incredibly touching. Makes me feel a lot better about the folks we live among being patriotic to a level the fear-mongers in the media don't want us to believe. America: still the best place on Earth!

P.K.
10-02-2011, 10:18 PM
Among many impressive things, the most-impressive thing to me during the funeral was the response of people who never new him and, indeed, didn't even know who he was during the funeral. Almost every car stopped (both lanes; both directions), including on the two busiest roads, as we drove 5 miles through town. People even came out of their businesses and stopped walking down the street and turned toward the procession. A crew of roofers (not known in our area to be the most up-standing citizens) even stopped roofing and stood up and watched and waited as we drove by!

I'm sure it's the 09-11 connection to firefighters so many people feel now, but in my city of 40,000+, I never expected such a distinct reaction. It was amazing and incredibly touching. Makes me feel a lot better about the folks we live among being patriotic to a level the fear-mongers in the media don't want us to believe. America: still the best place on Earth!

You live in a better place than most.

God Bless your Da, your Family, you and all concerned.

I have to fend off Westboro Baptist almost on a daily basis. :popcorn:

waksupi
10-02-2011, 11:10 PM
Sorry to hear this news, Mike.

94Doug
10-02-2011, 11:14 PM
Sorry to hear this as well. I am glad to know that you two spent some good times together.

Doug

MakeMineA10mm
10-03-2011, 12:41 AM
Sorry to hear this as well. I am glad to know that you two spent some good times together.

Doug

Thanks Doug! Got him to the range one last time about 6 weeks ago, and he got to shoot the Krag, among other things.

His favorite handgun was the Broomhandle Mauser (hey - someone has to like them!), and he got to shoot that one quite a bit. Lots of rifle action. M-1 Garand and M-1 Carbine (his favorite rifle), and of course the Krag. Spent about 5 hours at the range, which was a long time/trip for him in his condition, but he was enjoying it a LOT! ;-)

DCP
10-03-2011, 10:44 AM
Mods

Can this be moved to

In Remembrance

I think I put it in the wrong place

Thanks