PDA

View Full Version : production pot IV

reno
09-30-2011, 04:49 PM
I just recieved my new lee production pot IV (mailorder) and it didnt come with an instruction book.
Ive tried google and the Lee website but no luck.
Is there anything important I need to know befor I plug it in?I figure it cant be too tricky but is there a breakin procedure or a spout adjustment or something I should know about?
thanx

Colorado4wheel
09-30-2011, 05:56 PM
Don't touch your arm to it when it's hot.
Don't assume for a second the numbers on the dial mean anything important. They vary pot to pot.
Don't move the dial much during casting. I use 1/2 number adjustments. Anything more and it really starts the temp bouncing around.
Don't ever, ever smelt in it. Keep it clean.

Good luck.

SSGOldfart
09-30-2011, 08:18 PM
keep a flathead screwdriver near by the pot.

edsmith
09-30-2011, 08:33 PM
the instructions are there, it is listed under Electric melter.:drinks:

reno
09-30-2011, 09:31 PM
the instructions are there, it is listed under Electric melter.:drinks:

Yep Id buy you a beer for that thanks.
I seldom follow instructions but always read thru them first.Dont really know why.
Anyhow Im happy now and off to cast bullets indoors for a change.
Yes ventilated ect ect.
My thanks to you and the others for the tips

geargnasher
09-30-2011, 09:49 PM
Follow Lee's instructions on the pot and how to adjust the stream flow. Keep only clean alloy in it or it will drip. If it drips it isn't the pot's fault, it's trash holding the pintle off of its seat. Use the screwdriver for adjustments to the valve pintle, and to rotate the pintle if you do get something in the valve that makes it leak.

Throw away the instructions for using Lee boolit moulds, do follow the tips in the "Leementing" thread here or at Castpics dot net.

Gear