PDA

View Full Version : Boy an i pissed!

Chicken Thief
09-29-2011, 03:05 PM
Got'cha :)
No drunk as a skunkhttp://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm153/Chickenthief/Blandet/Smilere/Porterdrinker.gif

Got a Lee 430-310 GC 6-banger from a member here.
It is to be used for a Swiss Vetterli so in the mill and off with the GC grooves.
My blunder but i thought that all Lee moulds came with handles, so high and dry there!
Redrilled for a pair of RCBS handles and off i vent.

Man that was the wildest hour since highschool!!!
Cast 5-6 moulds and let cool (usually beerbrake is only 12-15 castings with a 2-banger).
So 6 beers later and 14 lbs richer here i am writing this.

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm153/Chickenthief/Blandet/Smilere/dancinguy-1.gifhttp://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm153/Chickenthief/Blandet/Smilere/dancinguy-1.gifhttp://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm153/Chickenthief/Blandet/Smilere/dancinguy-1.gifhttp://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm153/Chickenthief/Blandet/Smilere/dancinguy-1.gifhttp://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm153/Chickenthief/Blandet/Smilere/dancinguy-1.gifhttp://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm153/Chickenthief/Blandet/Smilere/dancinguy-1.gif

Char-Gar
09-29-2011, 04:13 PM
If you want to drink and cast bullets have at it, the worse you can do is burn yourself. But, I would suggest you load ammo stone cold sober. A mistake there could prove deadly.

dverna
09-30-2011, 04:42 PM
None of the men or women here will be impressed. Getting "pissed" while casting could lead to a Darwin Award.

Deleting your thread is suggested to save you further embarrassment, and I trust the Moderators will do so if you do not. It adds nothing.

You may consider joining the Charlie Sheen fan club to find a more receptive and understanding audience.

Don Verna

x101airborne
09-30-2011, 04:52 PM
I tried to use a soldering iron while drunk once. Didn't work so hot (pun intended). I think I will stick to one activity at a time.

As far as your 14 pounds of boolits, YAY!!! That would last me quite a while!

mpmarty
09-30-2011, 05:17 PM
and with Danish beer to boot. Bet he has a headache tomorrow.

Char-Gar
09-30-2011, 06:09 PM
headache is long gone, unless he has started a new one. I would guess he is also feeling a little foolish about now also.

Ernest
09-30-2011, 06:46 PM
An ice cold beer or so during a hot casting session.... priceless.

but I wouldn't recommend getting pissed/plastered/falling down/ knee walkin/snot slinging drunk or commode huggin drunk tho around hot lead or fire arms of any type.

MtGun44
09-30-2011, 08:23 PM
Personally, I object to the title. I suggest that you get a bit less crude and get "angry".

Bill

RKJ
09-30-2011, 08:43 PM
You guys need to lighten up.

turbo1889
10-01-2011, 06:05 AM
A beer (standard U.S. alcohol content and size) every hour or two is fine if you are of normal body weight and body chemistry. Anything more then that is asking for trouble, at least that is the rules at my place.

Also, take necessary precautions to prevent lead poisoning (wash hands before opening the bottle top and then cover the top with a paper cup upside down and only touch the paper cup on the outside to remove and replace it as a dust cover and only touch the bottom part of the bottle until its empty with the bottle and dust cover paper cup a full step plus a full arms length away from the casting bench).

cbrick
10-01-2011, 08:51 AM
Personally, I object to the title. I suggest that you get a bit less crude and get "angry". Bill

Personally, I agree with Bill. Crude (and dangerous) is the correct word.

If the OP has a need to prove to the world that he's a lush there are better forums than Castboolits to do just that.

Rick

9.3X62AL
10-01-2011, 09:01 AM
I'm with Ernest, overall. Few things are as refreshing as a cold brew at the end of an August casting session. Moderation and good sense are keys in all things, and most of those here seem to cultivate those traits in some depth.

Char-Gar
10-01-2011, 11:21 AM
I don't think folks are objecting to a cold beer in safe intervals. They are objecting to a fellow who is crude and professes to be "drunk as a skunk" while casting bullets and posting on this board.

I do drink in moderation, but I see drunks make fools out of themselves on a regular basis. These are not the same things.

btroj
10-01-2011, 11:24 AM
I don't drink while doing anything related to firearms. Ever.
To brag about being "pissed" while casting is just plain dumb. I wonder if he was casting for a "tactical" gun?

wallenba
10-01-2011, 11:37 AM
If you were Russian I'd understand. But a Dane should know better. That...or I suspect you are just yankin' our chains.

MikeS
10-01-2011, 03:04 PM
Personally, I object to the title. I suggest that you get a bit less crude and get "angry".

Bill

Bill: You do know that the OP was refering to 'drunk' not 'angry' with his use of the objectionable word, right?

I'm sure if he was sober he wouldn't have posted the post as he did. Personally I don't understand how anyone can get 'drunk as a skunk' by 6 beers, even if they're stronger than the normal US stuff, unless he drank them all at once, on an empty stomach. I'm not going to say that I never drink, but I rarely do, and NEVER when I'm doing anything that requires concentration, and/or the use of power tools!

crabo
10-01-2011, 06:11 PM
Did anyone ever consider the poster's origin? Might be a little different meaning behind the words, due to his culture.

selmerfan
10-01-2011, 06:12 PM
MikeS, I homebrew beer as well. Part of it may be that he was drinking pints, not our 12 oz. lightweights. And American beer is comparatively water with what I refer to as "real" beer. 6 pints of my homebrew in a couple of hours would have me passed out. One is enough for me, and I nurse it for around an hour of nice relaxation.

MtGun44
10-01-2011, 08:14 PM
Actually, I did not know that. I took the title as American slang, and I suppose I should
be a bit more careful. OTOH, that is a bit off-color in the USA. Never heard it as a slang
term for drunk.

I had Limey explain to me why we might get some funny looks if we talkied about a
"fanny pack" in England. Fanny is a fairly polite term here, but it means something
ENTIRELY different over there, and is not used in polite company. OOPS.

I just didn't think that (assuming he was using American slang) it was necessary to be
crude like that on our site. I was wrong about what he meant, and I guess I have
learned a new slang phrase.

Bill

MikeS
10-01-2011, 08:57 PM
Bill, lots of words we use everyday have totally different meanings 'across the pond' as they say. Somebody named Randy would have some explaining to do over in England! (ask your Limey friend explain that one!) I used to work with a guy from England that everyone nicknamed 'The Slimey Limey' and he did everything he could to live up to that name!

cbrick
10-01-2011, 09:17 PM
Actually, I did not know that. I took the title as American slang, and I suppose I should
be a bit more careful. OTOH, that is a bit off-color in the USA. Never heard it as a slang term for drunk. I guess I have
learned a new slang phrase. Bill

Same here.

I was on a dinner date several years ago with an Aussie girl and I asked the waitress for a napkin, thought my date was gonna climb under the table. Seems down under there is only one meaning for napkin and it's not something used at the dinner table. :veryconfu

Rick

Sonnypie
10-01-2011, 09:22 PM
Yeah, MikeS, do they still refer to cigarettes as "fags" in England?

JonB_in_Glencoe
10-01-2011, 09:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X901nPOAtpE

Finster101
10-01-2011, 09:40 PM
Jon, why have Tom Jones destroy a perfectly good Three Dog Night tune? Have you been drinking?

Sonnypie
10-01-2011, 09:47 PM
That's not nice, JonB.
You took me back to a party where I woke up rolled in a rug, under table, in a strange living room.
Once I finally wriggled out, I made a quiet exit into the next day. Whoo-eee!
But I be talkin about the O-riginal, Three Dog Night. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKaQzQAlNn4&feature=related)

JonB_in_Glencoe
10-01-2011, 10:08 PM
"Whats all these crazy questions you're askin me?"

only Tom Jones could make this thread any crazyer

crabo
10-01-2011, 10:39 PM
Did anyone ever consider the poster's origin? Might be a little different meaning behind the words, due to his culture.

After seeing another of his posts I think it is probably his true self.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=128865&page=2

Cadillo
10-01-2011, 11:01 PM
I say it's fifty-fifty, and will give him the benefit of the doubt. think that anyone who has had to learn a second language would agree. While not bilengual, I am pretty fluent in a second language that I learned after reaching adulthood. In that situation, there are many times that you know only one way to express a thought, and if you are a man, who works, hunts, fishes, etc. with other men who speak the language you are learning, you will often find yourself expressing your thoughts in such a way as to make the ladies run for cover, even though you don't even know that there is another way to say it. This has happened to me on more occasions than I care to recall. Fortunately in all cases I was excused as being ignorant and most often politely told the more socially acceptable means of expressing what I wanted to convey.

He may possibly be scratching his watch and winding his backside trying to figure out what all the fuss is about.

PatMarlin
10-02-2011, 02:58 AM
You don't need handles CT. Look up the Crash Corrigan casting method here at CB.

tommygirlMT
10-02-2011, 03:39 AM
I aint no lady --- and if you called me one I might take slight offense in some cases --- but this forum is a lot tighter then most --- I have learned to at least try to behave myself over here through more then one confrontation with a Mod or two

Its kind of like the atmosphere difference between a "wet" (as in alcohol) barbecue party after a calf branding on a ranch --- and a high end social gathering where if you show up in jeans you are already Persona-Non-Grada from the get go --- one it is totally acceptable to tell an off color joke that isnt too out of taste --- they other they will run you out for doing that even though it may be the exact same people in attendance

Yah --- and I think specifically to remind me of this they insist on putting "Boolit Lady" under my username --- long story short although I completely, uniquely, and personally understand the OP and his situation (as in I have been there myself) I doubt the forum community is going to put up with that style of posting for long and he has probably already got one of those warning PMs from a Mod or two

armoredman
10-02-2011, 01:58 PM
I have seen that context before, in the phrase, "pissed as a newt", referring to being blind drunk. I gave up the drink-to-annihilation style boozing some time after I got out of the navy, and only consume a maximum of three at a time.
If I have had a beer while barbecuing, I will not reload for the rest of the evening, or do any activity connected to reloading. Alcohol fuzzes judgment, something I have had sad experience with, years past.

9.3X62AL
10-02-2011, 04:29 PM
I think the recommendation to "lighten up" a bit was sound advice. If I want a tour within The Land Of The Perpetually Indignant, I'll book a cruise through the Politics & Religion section of the site.

nanuk
10-02-2011, 06:35 PM
....I gave up the drink-to-annihilation style boozing some time after I got out of the navy, and only consume a maximum of three at a time.....

Wow... I only have two hands.... I can't imagine trying to drink three at a time! :kidding:

BruceB
10-02-2011, 07:06 PM
[QUOTE=9.3X62AL;1416644]I think the recommendation to "lighten up" a bit was sound advice. "

We had some good fun with this subject back in '06.

The thread was titled "Things go better with beer", and started on 11/27/06.

Go to "advanced search", select "search titles" and type in the above title. It should come up.

I enjoyed re-reading the 60-odd replies.

Marlin Junky
10-02-2011, 07:17 PM

Yeah... and I quote:

Man that was the wildest hour since highschool!!!
Cast 5-6 moulds and let cool (usually beerbrake is only 12-15 castings with a 2-banger).
So 6 beers later and 14 lbs richer here i am writing this.

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm153/Chickenthief/Blandet/Smilere/dancinguy-1.gifhttp://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm153/Chickenthief/Blandet/Smilere/dancinguy-1.gifhttp://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm153/Chickenthief/Blandet/Smilere/dancinguy-1.gifhttp://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm153/Chickenthief/Blandet/Smilere/dancinguy-1.gifhttp://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm153/Chickenthief/Blandet/Smilere/dancinguy-1.gifhttp://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm153/Chickenthief/Blandet/Smilere/dancinguy-1.gif

Uh, uh... perfectly acceptable in Europe. I know if he were a German, that 6 pack would be just enough to get his metal hot.

MJ

firefly1957
10-02-2011, 07:28 PM
We drank Beer that was from Denmark back in the 70's it was 18% alcohol and would get us drunk as a skunk quickly. I would not do that while casting though.

geargnasher
10-02-2011, 09:13 PM
I had the unique priviledge of befriending four four UK exchange students in college, one Welsh, two English (one female), and an Irishman. First time one of them nodded toward the outside dorm lobby door and said "Let's burn a ***, mate" I'll admit I was quite confused. I still remember drinking games involving how many international terms there are for inebriation. "Pissed as a newt", "Pissed as a wassel", etc. And oh my the drinking songs. "Down the back alley, where nobody goes", etc. etc. Did I mention one of them was a Rugby player?

They absolutely detested our beer. Go figure.

Gear

armoredman
10-02-2011, 09:51 PM
Nanuk, think beer hat. Just kidding. :)

Marlin Junky
10-03-2011, 12:00 AM
I still remember drinking games involving how many international terms there are for inebriation. "Pissed as a newt", "Pissed as a wassel", etc.
Gear

And on first glance I thought this thread had no redeeming qualities. I'm goin' turn on the tele and hoist a couple Sam Adams. Perhaps I'll even get pissed tonight. [smilie=p:

MJ

adrians
10-03-2011, 07:20 AM
in England (where i grew up ) pissed means "falling down drunk", it prolly means the same thing in Denmark.
i wouldn't be proud to announce that i was "pissed" on any forum let alone one that deals with very hot burney stuff,:twisted:[smilie=b:[smilie=b:[smilie=b:[smilie=b::evil:

Harter66
10-03-2011, 10:10 AM
As long as we're on mistranslations...........I'm fairly sure "bloody blugger"isn't polite,even our Canadians would agree,that went by w/o a look. I'll bet 'swinging by to "knock you up"onto the range ',would be criticed, a spontaneous call or drop in FWIW. In spainsh speaking lands 1 must be sure to specify pollo huevos, as huevos is also slang for testicals of the human sort.

When I saw the title I thought he'd perhaps had a run in at WalMart, which also makes me cranky.

Please don't load yourself and ammo anymore.

snuffy
10-03-2011, 10:22 AM
Well, I haven't been "pissed up" for 28 years on August 8th. I certainly don't miss the hangovers!

Drinking and casting should go right with drinking and driving, how does he even hit the sprue holes? Viewing the aftermath of that casting session should be interesting!:holysheep:groner::evil::2 drunk buddies:

blackthorn
10-03-2011, 11:11 AM
After re-reading the OP, I suspect he was "pissed" at the time he posted. Had he been sober he might well have thought twice about opening himself to the critizism that was sure to follow. As to casting (or any other dangerous activity) when"pissed" well------

As soon as I read the OP I "got" what he meant, as that particular slang was part of growing up.

tommygirlMT
10-04-2011, 04:34 PM
<snip> Drinking and casting should go right with drinking and driving <snip>

You drink and drive you risk not only yourself --- you risk the lives of all the innocents on the road too --- you drink and cast with a few possible exceptions you are only risking your own skin --- quite literally infact --- blistered second degree burns arnt fun and you usually dont feel how bad they hurt until afterwards

Personally I think drinking and driving should mean they take your drivers license away until you learn to sober up or at least get smart enough not to drink and drive --- become a repeat offender and they take your drivers license away for good --- run into someone else on the road and kill them while driving drunk --- they strap you in a chair and throw the switch and fry you

Where as casting while drunk --- you only risk yourself --- you burn yourself your fault --- deal with it --- dont get that drunk next time you cast

Now reloading while drunk or smoking while reloading --- I had to learn the hard way not to do that anymore when my man caught me drinking smoking and loading paper patched 45-70 BP loads with an open can of BP on the bench --- he went total cave man --- literally --- the nearest neighbors (400 plus yards away) even came over to see what all the hollering was about --- and the cops nearly got called for a domestic desturbance --- he is normally a very gentle calm kind of gentle giant kind of guy --- but when he does get upset (and he usually has a darn good reason) --- OH MY !!!!

Crawdaddy
10-05-2011, 09:34 PM
Well, I haven't been "pissed up" for 28 years on August 8th. I certainly don't miss the hangovers!

Drinking and casting should go right with drinking and driving, how does he even hit the sprue holes? Viewing the aftermath of that casting session should be interesting!:holysheep:groner::evil::2 drunk buddies:

Been one year for me and I agree with everything you said.

Crawdaddy
10-05-2011, 09:35 PM
Did I miss it or has the OP disappeared?

Floydster
10-06-2011, 07:52 PM
I like to get half in the bag before I reload, it's so much fun going to the range the next day not knowing what I will be shooting-- I have jug of Jack on my bench all the time---it's fun!!!:mrgreen:

nanuk
10-06-2011, 09:16 PM
When I was up North, being "Piss Drunk" or "Pissed" meant you were so drunk you literally wetted your pants