PDA

View Full Version : If Guns were Treated Like Cars

Phineas Bluster
09-29-2011, 09:47 AM
Deleted

3006guns
09-29-2011, 09:54 AM
Hysterical......the author is a bloody genius!

Although intended as satire, I've actually been in discussions with people who argue that since we require car licensing, gun licensing should be the way to go. My response has always been simply "Show me in the Constitution of the United States...ANYWHERE...where it says you have the RIGHT to own a car. I'll wait..."

That usually shuts 'em up.

Blacksmith
09-29-2011, 09:58 AM
Very Good!

WILCO
09-29-2011, 10:06 AM
since we require car licensing, gun licensing should be the way to go.

I've heard the same argument in favor of obummer care regarding car insurance.

Harter66
09-29-2011, 11:39 AM
I thought that was why we have hunter safety programs and requirements in most states.

Cool bit of writting.

Wayne Smith
09-29-2011, 12:13 PM
You would also have to register each gun with the State.

The State would license each gun.

You would be required to carry liability insurance on each gun and yourself.

I'm sure there are more. We need to show both sides of the argument to make clear sense.

Idaho Sharpshooter
09-29-2011, 12:19 PM
Yes, like you would be required to have each firearms inspected each year and a sticker put on it.
And when you sold it, the new owner would have to pay sales tax and take it to the proper licensing agency to have a new license tag installed on the stock.

Bad Water Bill
09-29-2011, 06:21 PM
You would also have to register each gun with the State.

The State would license each gun.

You would be required to carry liability insurance on each gun and yourself.

I'm sure there are more. We need to show both sides of the argument to make clear sense.

The mayor of Chicago wanted a $1,000,000.00 insurance policy on each gun. Daley tried for years to find a single company that would write such insurance but he got tired of them laughing in his face. Now it is Obummers buddies turn.

DCM
09-29-2011, 08:45 PM
Loved it! :-)
#34 tap & rack put me over the top!!
Good thing I keep all liquids away from the computer!

firefly1957
10-01-2011, 08:43 AM
Loved it thanks a lot .
On someones comment about "bummer care" have you thought of this, a good portion of auto insurance is medical coverage if we have to pay for medical elsewhere there is no need for separate coverage for our cars!

Artful
10-02-2011, 01:32 AM
LOL - loved it - I use argument reversal for liberal friends - what if 1st amendment was treated like 2nd amendment
- can't take that new computer home for 7 days
- can't use that laptop out in public until you qualify - you know take a test before carry it
- before you log onto the internet you must pass a backgound check
used for amusement of myself many times. - anytime they start a gun argument just change what they want to computer and watch their faces. I'll have to try this with car's as well now.

firefly1957
10-04-2011, 06:41 AM
One note here in Michigan it is illegal to buy a car if you do not have a drivers licence and also illegal to sell a car or loan it to someone without a drivers licence or with suspended licence.