PDA

View Full Version : Corrective Lenses in my future ???

JonB_in_Glencoe
09-28-2011, 10:16 AM
On another post in another thread,
someone posted how to "Zoom" in on a photo
by holding the CNTL button and turning the wheel on the mouse.
WELL !!!
that now only enlarges the photo, it enlarges the full window view...WOW !
what a God send, I can see the type so much better.
for the first day in 2 or 3 years, I didn't suffer from
eye strain in the evening after many hours being on-line on my laptop.

Does this mean I may need corrective lenses in my future ?
Jon

DocHoliday
09-28-2011, 10:22 AM
Eye fatigue happens when you focus on anything for extended periods of time. However I would recommend an eye exam. The exam only cost 50-60$ and can not hurt. My prescription glasses rarely change in power but I still go every year. You only get 2 eyes best to keep them healthy.

94Doug
09-28-2011, 12:12 PM
I was just at the eye Dr., and I already have corrective glasses....but he asked if I did a lot of computer work....he fashioned a set of lenses for me to try in his office, they had a bi-focal on top, so it made the screen clear as heck. I just don't see myself spending $400 just for computer glasses. Yet.

Doug

Duckiller
09-28-2011, 04:11 PM
To answer your original question. YES!!!!

geargnasher
09-28-2011, 04:26 PM
You can also zoom the screen by holding control and pressing "+". I have and use several "low vision" viewing programs due to Pars Planitis, epiretinal membranes, large and dense floaters, and secondary glaucoma (the last caused by intra-ocular steroid injections), so sometimes my vision is fine, 20/20 at least and some days its more like 20/50. On the bad days, particularly after treatments, I go for the CTRL key a lot, and build posts in MS notepad or Word in a low-vision format and copy/paste to the forum. Safari 4.0 has a really good "large format" internet browser program. I'll trade my perfect corneas and lenses for your perfect retinas and pars planas any day! Corrective lenses are a small trade-off for all that. Go see an optometrist pronto, before you start getting permanent squinting habits.

Gear

DCM
09-29-2011, 09:38 PM
Eye fatigue happens when you focus on anything for extended periods of time. However I would recommend an eye exam. The exam only cost 50-60$ and can not hurt. My prescription glasses rarely change in power but I still go every year. You only get 2 eyes best to keep them healthy.

+1 It is one of the few areas of my insurance that is worth a #$%$ anymore.

firefly1957
10-01-2011, 08:31 AM
Thanks for the tip Micro soft exploder has a spot to enlarge text but I did not know how to do it in CHROME until now! As far as glasses most of us (with good vision) start needing them around 40 to see closer I have prescription glasses now but got away for a while with cheap reading glasses a +1.25 is the first step then in a few years it will go up to a +1.75 and will increase with age. use dollar store glasses for the computer Measure the distance to your screen and check in store what give best view at that range.