PDA

View Full Version : Primers--Powder

mag_01
02-02-2007, 03:58 PM
:coffee: ---Just unpacked my order from Graf's --received powder--primers--and J----now I can rest a little easier---Magtech primers at $14 per k and many powders like bullseye for $12.99 and XMP-5744 for14.79----Herco-12.99----If you make your order large enough the $20 dollar haz mat fee dose not hurt. ----Mag

felix
02-02-2007, 04:05 PM
Mag, do a prime test, comparing these primers with others you have on the bench for feel going into the pockets. Please report back before these magtechs go out of style. ... felix

fred2892
02-02-2007, 08:00 PM
Felix, Is there a supposed problem with magtech primers? I switched to them from CCI when I gained a .303 Long Lee. I use HXP military brass and used a RCBS pocket swage on 500 cases. Using CCI primers I was getting a definite stutter when priming. I happened to have a pack of magtech primers and gave them a try. There was a marked improvement in feel when priming. The consistancy of the Magtechs sure speeds up priming when you dont have to examine every primed case because the last one felt a little 'strange'. They are also pretty cheap in the UK at only £17 ($30+) per k. CCI, Rem etc run at £20+.
I'm more than happy to keep using them.
Fred.

mag_01
02-02-2007, 08:27 PM
Felix---just tried the Magtech primers in large rifle and small pistol and they felt good and they seem to be as good or better than any primer i have use. Order them up before there gone-----all the wolf primers are gone at graf's----Mag