PDA

View Full Version : Golden Boolit to Ben

fatnhappy
09-22-2011, 08:24 PM
This won’t comes as a surprise to any members known to frequent the chat room, but after we right the nation’s woes and discuss the finer points of married life,we sometimes discuss the board. We frequently discuss the contemporaneous posts, the nitwit authors and the vile hyperbole that passes for discourse. Some may view it as petty gossip, which is of course true.
But that belies the greater truth, the vast majority of the board members, posts and threads center around our passion for shooting, hunting, tinkering. … The norm is a family centered group of hobbyist that enjoy commiserating or new casters seeking to expand their horizons. If it weren’t for cast boolits and the pooled wisdom, would anyone dare to fire a 311041 without a gas check?
I feel compelled to mention one of the boards unsung heros (or unsuspecting victims) that I believe ought to wear the mantle of Ken’s golden boolit. I have yet to read one of his threads and not feel the sense of pride and respect he conveys through this poor medium, the written word. Fortunately we don’t need to depend on his literary skills, Ben loves to share pictures of his handy work.

For many of us, this is nothing new. I have a young man that I'm trying to help get started reloading. He loads under my supervision or his father’s.

pan lubing 101 (http://www.castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=119056)

Dean Grennel would be proud (http://www.castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=125983)

lube made simple (http://www.castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=81031)

craftsmanship (http://www.castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=97049)

stunning work (http://www.castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=18903)

45nut
09-22-2011, 08:30 PM
I am proud to have Ben among the award recipients of the Golden Boolit!

thebigmac
09-22-2011, 08:39 PM
Ben, I congradulate you to the fullest. I've dealt with you and was very
satisfied. To get .45's "Golden Boolit" means quite a lot. I hope
many, many members get to read this post. My hat's off to you sir.
thebigmac

09-22-2011, 08:45 PM
Of the many supportive folks that lurk on this site, Ben is certainly a fine choice for recognition. He's helped me with advice on various boolit matters, Mausers & peep sights, and lubes. Always stop when I see an entry from him.

Ben
09-22-2011, 09:11 PM
I certainly don't feel very deserving of these kind words.
Castboolits means a lot to me. I spend a lot of my time here because I enjoy it so much.
I hope and pray that it continues to flourish in the days to come.
You'll meet the " best of the best " here.

Good Shooting to all of you,

Ben

btroj
09-22-2011, 09:15 PM
Congrats Ben. I assume you will fire that golden bullet from a 308 and that it will be fitted with a home made Al gas check?

94Doug
09-22-2011, 10:03 PM
Awesome!! Well deserved.

Doug

9.3X62AL
09-22-2011, 10:14 PM
Well earned, indeed. Ben's text--content--and photography is ALWAYS artwork, and I read every one of his posts. No fluff--no stuff--solid info every time. Many thanks for all your contributions, Ben.

Hip's Ax
09-22-2011, 10:16 PM
Castboolits means a lot to me. I spend a lot of my time here because I enjoy it so much.

Ben

And this is exactly why you deserve the award Ben. Bravo!

09-22-2011, 10:38 PM
Congratulations, Ben!

I always enjoy your how-to articles and photographs.

waksupi
09-22-2011, 11:14 PM
Well done, Ben. Carry on!

P.K.
09-22-2011, 11:39 PM
Congrats! I'm still going to ask that his recent thread be a sticky......;-)

plmitch
09-23-2011, 12:03 AM
Congratulations Ben

dromia
09-23-2011, 12:41 AM
Well deserved Ben, congratulations. :D

Recluse
09-23-2011, 01:17 AM
First rate choice and in with top-shelf company.

Well done.

:coffee:

smoked turkey
09-23-2011, 01:23 AM
Ben the creme always rises to the top. That is you my friend. I don't know you personally. I wish I did. Your posts always come through showing you as a kind, compassionate, knowledgeable, honest, mild sort of a person. Then your photos deliver that knock-out punch!. You are very deserving of this recognition.

MakeMineA10mm
09-26-2011, 12:32 PM

Ben

Another reason why he is so deserving of this recognition - He doesn't even understand he IS one of the best of the best!!

theperfessor
09-26-2011, 12:32 PM
Ben, a well deserved honor. You're one of the posters I always make a point to read what you have to say, even if it is on a topic I'm not particularly interested in. Good advice, good information, good photos. Congrats!

SSGOldfart
09-26-2011, 01:00 PM
Ben, I congradulate you to the fullest. I've dealt with you and was very
satisfied. To get .45's "Golden Boolit" means quite a lot. I hope
many, many members get to read this post. My hat's off to you sir.
thebigmac

couldn't be put any better keep up the good job Ben we look forward to learning more from you as time goes on:drinks:

swheeler
09-27-2011, 09:26 AM
Congratulations Ben, well deserved!

btroj
09-28-2011, 06:22 PM
I really wonder if for Ben it shouldn't be the "Golden Camera" award. His photos are almost as good as his written content.

Bret4207
09-30-2011, 07:30 AM
A very well deserved honor. Ben is one of those guys that I look forward to seeing posting. One things for sure- I'm never going to bet money on my shooting vs Bens!

mroliver77
10-02-2011, 05:50 AM
I aspire to be a booliteer of Bens magnitude!
J

Three44s
10-03-2011, 02:35 AM
It absolutely makes my day that Ben is given this award!

Congratulations to a TOP NOTCH member of this forum!!!!

Trust us Ben, you've earned it!!!

Three 44s

captaint
10-03-2011, 07:13 AM
Congrats Ben. Very well deserved. I, too, always enjoy reading your posts & threads. I really like your stock work. One of these days I'm even going to try some of that Ben's Red. Well deserved, Ben. enjoy & continue Mike

Frank46
10-05-2011, 10:58 PM
Ben, congratulations on your award. I've seen both your cast boolits and stockwork. Regards, Frank

Bullet Caster
11-22-2011, 12:55 AM
Congrats. Ben. I'm sure I've read a post or 2 from you. BC

1Shirt
11-27-2011, 03:48 PM
In a work Ben: SUPER!!!!!! Well desrved!
Paul:coffeecom

No_1
11-27-2011, 04:06 PM
Well done Ben! Your post are always a joy to see.

Robert

Clinebo
12-01-2011, 02:51 AM
Congrats Ben. Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions. I too, will be making up a batch of your Red lube as soon as I scrounge all the goodies. :)

MikeS
12-02-2011, 04:36 AM
You know, on another thread, there were comments made about gun writers of old, and how they don't see any modern day replacements, but they're wrong. Just because somebody 'writes' on a gun forum, rather than in a magazine, doesn't mean that they're any less of an author, and from what I've seen of Ben's posts, they would be equally at home in the pages of a gun magazine as they are here. There have been times I didn't understand what Ben was saying, and times he didn't understand what I was saying, and that's where the greatness of this forum shines! If I had read an article in a gun mag, and didn't understand what was being said I'd be SOL, but here I posted a msg saying I didn't understand, and Ben explained it again!

Ben is one of the people here on this forum that I would love to meet in person some day so I could thank him in person for all the help I've gotten from him!

But not ALL of Ben's suggestions work out great. One for example was his suggestion of filing a 'vent line' in the tops of mould blocks to get better fill out. I tried it, and in the past, if I had a bag full of cast boolits, I could just stick my hand in, and grab a boolit or two, but now, after using Ben's suggestion, if I'm not careful how I put my hand in the bag of boolits I could get my hands cut up on the razor sharp boolit edges!! :) Just one of Ben's ideas I've used (on most of my moulds now!)

Thanks Ben, keep up the good work, and I'll try to keep up the learning from it!

kbstenberg
12-02-2011, 08:39 AM
I would like to second Mike S's opinion of Ben
Kevin

ammohead
01-03-2012, 01:39 AM
Congrats Ben.

GLL
01-03-2012, 01:51 AM
Well Deserved indeed !

Jerry