PDA

View Full Version : the Paula Deen ingot mould......!

RU shooter
09-20-2011, 07:44 PM
Paula Deen must really like us boolit casters .Shes selling a real nice single cavity cast iron ingot mould full to the top with some nice apple pie sented flux at wally world. Yes its true. my wife got one as a gift its a little cast iron frying pan about 3" dia and 1.5" deep inside is an apple pie candle ,It actually dont have that much smell when lit so the gracious woman said it was all mine for my lead melting/smelting pleasure.She makes great tasting common folk food and and smelting supplies! Paula Deen is the best!!![smilie=w:

Sonnypie
09-20-2011, 08:20 PM
I think you should send Paula Deen a complimentary ingot.
Does it have her logo in the pan?

You do know that you now have to get the Paula Deen media separator/boolit cooling holder, don't you?

http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/public/NWllSuu6gii2LedVWjQpGlp6vVKIY6BKGjqlm7VuuCOALa4gJA Z7McmMsVS1lXBYGnzfCoL_9sSBeq1Qmdjzauak5mmcHDiI_KrQ RXc_5NQrZuLrRXPm-HT1WClkh2mMX81X2rnHGVrZL1PJQL4tgSnVWRp5nCZKOuHy5WB HY9mbgBNp7iBY7g

:redneck:

(I love Paula Deen. My cholesterol count goes up just watching her show.) :bigsmyl2:

colt 357
09-23-2011, 06:19 PM
I have a paula deen stainless slotted spoon for melting range scrap.

Sonnypie
09-25-2011, 11:18 AM
I absconded with one of the old soup spoons we got from my Mom's estate for my furnace.
When my wife discovered it I though she was going to stick my hand in the molten pool. :holysheep
She was NOT amused with me. :-(

greywuuf
09-26-2011, 03:14 PM
*Update* !!!

The ingot molds with Pumpkin Spice Flux are now in stock.
got one for myself

Three44s
09-27-2011, 09:15 AM
Perhaps Paula Dean would be so kind to allow herself to be cloned?

Three 44s

RU shooter
09-27-2011, 04:28 PM
Perhaps Paula Dean would be so kind to allow herself to be cloned?

Three 44sOnly if the clones would still want to cook everything in lard ! None of that low cal. low fat healthy stuff

Junior1942
09-27-2011, 04:47 PM
Only if the clones would still want to cook everything in lard ! None of that low cal. low fat healthy stuffYes! Man, I LOVE fish fried in hog lard. The oil in my cornbread and in the skillet is bacon drippings. But guess what? Butter has about 3x the cholesterol as lard. So stay away from butter and anything made from internal organs, and you can enjoy cooking with the real deal cooking oil.

Bret4207
09-28-2011, 07:30 AM
Does Paula Deen freak anyone else out? There's just something about her that screams "ALIEN LIFE FORM!!!!" to me.

frankenfab
09-28-2011, 09:04 AM
Yup, she reminds me of one of the aliens in human disguise from "Men in Black".

ChuckJaxFL
09-30-2011, 02:45 PM
Does Paula Deen freak anyone else out? There's just something about her that screams "ALIEN LIFE FORM!!!!" to me.

I've always had the feeling that she has the neighbors kids and dog buried in her garden, yeah.

9.3X62AL
09-30-2011, 04:31 PM
But guess what? Butter has about 3x the cholesterol as lard.

THAT I didn't know. The stuff ya learn on Cast Boolits.......

I've had WAY too much good output from the wimmens on that cooking channel to ever speak ill of their efforts. Marie and her sister here in town are on that stuff almost every weekend, and most of it is excellent fare.

Le Loup Solitaire
09-30-2011, 09:52 PM
I've never seen Paula D. or one of her little ingot molds, but if you like the idea you can get them on the net (e-bay) or in antique stores from $5.-$15. They were made by Griswold, Wagner and Lodge (who still makes them) in the form of small fry pans that were intended for use as ash trays. They are approx. 3" in diameter and about an inch deep with 2 pouring ears to hold the cigarette. They make nice ingot molds and the ingots stack well and fit into any melting pot. The small fry pan handle can be picked up to dump the ingot using an ordinary pliers. Some of the ones made by Griswold don't have pouring spouts or have advertising designs cast into them, but they are usually priced for collectors. SWMBO's think that they're cute and like to confiscate them to use as spoon holders so keep yours hidden as best/for as long as- you can. LLS

Ziptar
10-01-2011, 10:41 AM
I don't know how much the Paula Dean ingot mold and pumpkin spice flux is but, yard and rummage sales are the cheapest place to pickup casting supplies and keep you out of trouble for swiping SWMBO's stuff.

Just this morning I picked up a cast iron ingot mold, about 5 lbs of flux and a great big stainless steel mixing bowl for the grand total of $5.50.

http://www.ziptar.com/bullet_casting/casting_supplies_5_50.jpg

They're also a great source for Tin. I pickup pewter ashtrays, candle holders, and etc for 25¢ or 50¢ every chance I get.

RU shooter
10-01-2011, 09:28 PM
I don't know how much the Paula Dean ingot mold and pumpkin spice flux is but, yard and rummage sales are the cheapest place to pickup casting supplies and keep you out of trouble for swiping SWMBO's stuff.

Just this morning I picked up a cast iron ingot mold, about 5 lbs of flux and a great big stainless steel mixing bowl for the grand total of $5.50.

They're also a great source for Tin. I pickup pewter ashtrays, candle holders, and etc for 25¢ or 50¢ every chance I get.
Very true and have done the same many times in the past ,BUT with the Paula Deen combo pack your smelting pot will smell like apple pie and or pumpkin spice ,while your trying not to think the nice southern lady on the food channel that gave you that great fried catfish recipe could be an intergalactic traveler plotting the conquest of the planet and Anthony Bordain is their supreme leader.:bigsmyl2:

Ziptar
10-02-2011, 12:02 PM
Very true and have done the same many times in the past ,BUT with the Paula Deen combo pack your smelting pot will smell like apple pie and or pumpkin spice ,while your trying not to think the nice southern lady on the food channel that gave you that great fried catfish recipe could be an intergalactic traveler plotting the conquest of the planet and Anthony Bordain is their supreme leader.:bigsmyl2:

LOL!!! [smilie=l:

Justinsaneok
10-06-2011, 08:55 PM
Well I just went to walmart and got 8 of them. I've been giving them to the ladies in my life. I told them they need to give the molds back. Any one ever try these out ?