PDA

View Full Version : I'm mad as he!!

wallenba
09-19-2011, 03:27 PM
My neighbor has always been a jerk, but today he has gone too far!

In the rain... and in the trash.... YES, THAT IS WHAT YOU THINK IT IS!

3006guns
09-19-2011, 03:34 PM
I don't blame you .........but he's probably just butt ignorant. Go over and ask if you can have the flag, then make sure he sees you burn it respectfully in your yard. When he appears baffled and asks why, give him a course on flag etiquette.

Triggerhappy
09-19-2011, 03:43 PM
The Boy Scouts will respectfully dispose of old flags for you. Perhaps he'll give it to you so it can be destroyed correctly and respectfully....

mold maker
09-19-2011, 03:48 PM
Kinda makes ya want to wrap him in it before proper disposal.

Harter66
09-19-2011, 03:49 PM
Our VFW does also. Escapes words. Really

Love Life
09-19-2011, 03:53 PM
I would like to stick your neighbor in the trash and rain.

Ben
09-19-2011, 03:53 PM
Isn't it sad with as much blood as has been spilled in the past 235 years to protect that flag that the fellow would disgrace it like that.

metweezer
09-19-2011, 04:23 PM
Ignorance is as ignorance does. :shock:

ErikO
09-19-2011, 04:40 PM
Dang.

That is upsetting. I'm sorry you live next door to someone as thick as that. :(

+1 to asking to get the flag from them.

plmitch
09-19-2011, 04:51 PM
Educate this person and if that doesn’t work, ignorance can be overcome with a swift boot to his back side.

Bret4207
09-19-2011, 06:12 PM
Well, probably best not to kick the guy. If you can politely insist ( a new term for me) he allow you to dispose of it correctly, he might learn something. Maybe he just doesn't know, ya know?

jsizemore
09-19-2011, 06:55 PM
After seeing this I went in search of the law pertaining to desecration of our national flag and sadly discovered that the US Supreme Court has struck down every law designed to protect our Stars and Stripes.

My response to their judgement,

:takinWiz:US Supreme Court

RONNIE
09-19-2011, 08:10 PM
mold maker i agree with you

rtracy2001
09-19-2011, 08:19 PM
Well, probably best not to kick the guy. If you can politely insist ( a new term for me) he allow you to dispose of it correctly, he might learn something. Maybe he just doesn't know, ya know?

+1

They no longer teach respect towards the nation, the flag or even each other anymore.

I can understand the outrage, but kicking his asp is guaranteed to produce no positive benefit. knocking on the door, explaining how the symbol of our nation should be treated with respect an offering to ensure that the flag is retired properly and respectfully has the highest probability of a positive result.

That said, if he goes Alpha Hotel on you, sneak over, pick up the flag when he isn't looking (or talk the local trash collector into rescuing it for you) retire it properly, then pee on his bushes and/or car when he isn't looking.
:bigsmyl2:

P.S. For everyone's information flags are retired, not just disposed of.

hiram1
09-19-2011, 08:22 PM
he knows it is wrong to do that.even in school i new.so he knows but dont care. he never was in the army navy or Gods USMC

leftiye
09-19-2011, 08:31 PM
What about the schools that hoist a flag and leave it there until it rots - rain, wind , snow or shine?

tinsnips
09-19-2011, 09:18 PM
You can't fix stupid !

cbrick
09-19-2011, 09:38 PM
Picture gives ya a sick feeling in the stomach.

wallenba, he has a flag, has he ever flown it on his house? If he did that could speak volumes about how he feels about America.

The reason I ask is that there is no shortage of people in this country that despise America and everything it stands for, no small thanks to our school system teaching that America is evil and capitalism is criminal. Don't believe that? Just look at the White House, very first thing he did in office was fly around the world and apologize for America and it took him a year to be coerced into wearing a flag lapel pin.

So if he did fly Old Glory on his house he's probably not one of those, just a few neurons short of a complete circuit and may simply need some educatun. At any rate, please rescue Old Glory for an honorable retirement, she deserves that even if she was made in China.

Rick

Charley
09-19-2011, 10:57 PM
Obviously a French shower bag.

geargnasher
09-19-2011, 10:58 PM
+1 Rick.

Our local crematorium offers flag retirement as a free community service, that might be another option. It's seen a lot of service lately since we've had record drought and burn bans for as long as I can remember.

Gear

WILCO
09-19-2011, 11:03 PM
Makes me sick! I'd just go and grab it, dispose of it properly.

wallenba
09-19-2011, 11:29 PM
Rick, yeah, he has flown it.
I was eating dinner when they came home. A bit later I heard some shouting. His wife was reading him the riot act. I hope it was about that. We've had words in the past, so I did'nt trespass and get it. Looks like they are cleaning out the shed.
His friendly Lab always comes to the fence to see me. Our first angry words were about him not wanting me to pet his dog. Tell ya something?

wgr
09-19-2011, 11:54 PM
sorry you have to see that.

firefly1957
09-20-2011, 07:59 AM
Is it taken care of yet? if not call the local VFW they just might have someone stop by and talk to him! I worked with a vet that did that to a business that had a Mexican flag above the American flag and they taught them how to properly and legally display all of their flags.

captaint
09-20-2011, 08:09 AM
wallenba - If you discussed it with him, he'd probably have no idea why you are so upset...
Obviously,, he's never served. Bum. Mike

wiljen
09-20-2011, 08:18 AM
"No accounting for poor taste"

The above pretty much sums it up.

wallenba
09-20-2011, 01:10 PM
[QUOTE=firefly1957;1402399]Is it taken care of yet?

Seems to be. My neighbor on the other side of me noticed it too from his back deck. He politely informed his wife, who had more sense than he did. I don't know any more than that. Communicating with him is a one way street mostly, as he's usually been drinking.
I sure miss Augie, my old neighbor on that side.

firefly1957
09-20-2011, 05:36 PM
I know what you mean I have had some real losers for neighbors some of them are not even worth talking to.

Recluse
09-20-2011, 06:12 PM
Is it taken care of yet? if not call the local VFW they just might have someone stop by and talk to him! I worked with a vet that did that to a business that had a Mexican flag above the American flag and they taught them how to properly and legally display all of their flags.

+1

We find our post members going out more often to residences as well as businesses to explain flag etiquette and respect. The vast majority of the time, we're met with grateful and friendly attitudes.

Occasionally, though. . .

One business told us to stick it up our butts. "Their property, their rights, etc." The very next day, we picketed and called every media outlet we could, most of whom show up when a group of veterans are picketing and raising hell.

The person at the business who told us to "stick it" was shown the error of his way along with being shown to the door by the company's (out of town) ownership. And no, he'd never served. Never even been a Boy Scout. The flag meant nothing and he flew it as a way of jumping on the patriotic bandwagon.

We've yet to run into a civilian who wasn't grateful for the gentle lesson in flag etiquette along with the offer to properly retire and then dispose of their flag when it was no longer fit to fly.

Your neighbor might be the first, but again, call your local VFW or American Legion posts and ask them to send a few members out to explain etiquette to the jerk.

:coffee:

Alchemist
09-20-2011, 06:19 PM
he knows it is wrong to do that.even in school i new.so he knows but dont care. he never was in the army navy or Gods USMC

Or the USAF

troyboy
09-20-2011, 06:34 PM
Ignorance. Please educate the man.To many have bled...... some have no right to call themselves AMERICAN.

DCM
09-21-2011, 01:23 AM
Only slightly better than the gas station owner in WI that used the flag as a drop cloth while painting!
Most of the locals were made aware of his "flag as a rag" and stopped patronizing his gas station.
Months later there was a sign saying under new management ( not new ownership):veryconfu and many of the sheep have returned to support him. [smilie=b:

ilcop22
09-21-2011, 02:02 AM
What about the schools that hoist a flag and leave it there until it rots - rain, wind , snow or shine?

The flag code rule 6(c) allows "all weather" flags to be flown, even in the case of inclement weather. In such case that the flag becomes tattered, I will respectfully ask the owner to retire and replace it. Most public institutions will do so promptly, at least in my experience. They may not make kids pledge allegiance to our Great Nation anymore, but I make damn sure they show their allegiance by keeping their flag in order.

300winmag
09-21-2011, 01:12 PM
:holysheep Take him to the border and put him on the way.:groner:

Geraldo
09-21-2011, 04:58 PM
A neighbor had a flag flying at a yard sale, but the pole was stuck in the ground and the flag was hitting the ground. I was immediately pissed, but tried to be calm about it. I had recently changed my flagpole, so I grabbed the old flagpole and mounting hardware, walked over and said, "I notice that your flag is hitting the ground, and I thought you could use this to fly it properly." He has since put in a free standing flagpole and even has a light on it at night.

GP100man
09-22-2011, 08:39 AM
Gratitudeless !!!

Some people take Liberty & Lifes prices for grantide !!!