PDA

View Full Version : S&w 10-15

PacMan
09-18-2011, 12:58 PM
Picked this up earlier this week from a guy that had only shot it about 8 times using full house factory loads and he did not like the results. Cant say i blame him.

Anyway i thought that it would make a good roaming sidearm as well as its meant for duties.
The cylinder throats were all over the map from .3575 to 3587-9.Tried several lighter loads that work well in my GP100 but things did not go well until i opened all the throats to .3589 or so.

After that i sized two diffrent 160 grain LBT FN to a tight fit and with the first load tried using tightgroup here are the results. The bullet on the right was a GC copy of the left bullet that Erick enlarged the shank to plain base.I had him leave a small lube grove also. You might be able to also see a ring on the nose of the bullet that i had Veral cut so i could tell it from a 180gr bullet that he made also.
Both bullets have the crimp grove set for feeding thru. a Marlin 1894.

MtGun44
09-18-2011, 01:16 PM
Pretty hard to improve on that! You are good to go.

Nice looking pistol, too.

Bill

PacMan
09-18-2011, 01:55 PM
Title should read 60-15

imashooter2
09-18-2011, 02:25 PM
LOL! I guess that'll teach me to look at the thread again before I post when I get distracted for a few minutes. Still a pretty sweet little revolver...

That doesn't look like a model 10 to me... It looks like one of those model 60 Pro series they put out recently. One sweet little revolver you have there!

PacMan
09-18-2011, 02:35 PM
Yea my wife was bothering me about the closing date on our house when i was typing the thread. 10/7/11 so there fore the 10-15.

Thanks Bill and imashooter. I am a little suprized with the results thus far. I plan to keep the presure reasonable to hopefully extend its life and also more pleasant to shoot. Recoil does not bother me near as much as the .357 muzzel blast from a 3" barrel does.
Wife says i cant hear anyway so why bother. To many years of shooting and working around pile driving hammers without hearing protection