PDA

View Full Version : New Website - "Casting Fellows" Link Inside

Texasflyboy
01-29-2007, 12:08 AM
I've added a new website to the space that was offered to me here at Cast Boolits. In addition to the Hensley & Gibbs Mould reference website, we have a new webpage. The page is a collaboration between myself, Doug Elliot, George Carlson, & John Goins.

It's entitled "Casting Fellows"....and contains articles authored by many folks who visit and participate here to include the above named folks.

As of now, I only have a few articles up, but will be adding more soon.

Here is the URL:

http://www.hensleygibbs.com/casting/castingfellowspage1.htm

Click this Link! (http://www.hensleygibbs.com/casting/castingfellowspage1.htm)

If you have an article you want to add, just send it along. There is always plenty of room for good info...

Char-Gar
01-29-2007, 12:13 AM
Thanks for the link and the good site. Looks like it is going to be a wonderful place to gather and share infomation. Thanks again.

Frank46
01-29-2007, 03:19 AM
Just checked out "Casting Fellows", very nice site. For us old folks who have CRS why don't you make this a sticky so's we don't have to hunt it down. Frank

mag_01
01-29-2007, 12:40 PM
Good site Flyboy---adds to enhance our wonderfully world of cast boolit shooting ____Mag

TDB9901
01-29-2007, 12:53 PM
:drinks: Good job, thanks for the effort........:drinks:

Uncle Grinch
01-29-2007, 01:48 PM
Texasflyboy,

Looks like you and your buddies are off to an excellent start. You are on my Favorites List now.

One comment though... and it's probably just me, but the blue text is somewhat hard to read with the gray background.

Looking forward to more articles.

jhalcott
01-29-2007, 02:23 PM
uncle, it ain't just YOU!! Maybe it's a glare of the light but I have trouble reading it also/.

Nueces
01-29-2007, 03:06 PM
Thanks to all of you. I think having resources like this 'at a click' helps bring other folks to the hobby. Well done.

Mark

Texasflyboy
01-29-2007, 04:48 PM
but the blue text is somewhat hard to read with the gray background.

Agreed. I've lightened the shading a bit...see if that helps.

Tom

45nut
03-27-2007, 12:22 AM
Looks like Tom added more articles! Great site and some fine writing by the contributors.

Bret4207
03-27-2007, 01:43 PM
Excellent! Now if you can just get Felix's brother Marty's "Gunfighter Ballads" to play in the background it'd be perfect!

felix
03-27-2007, 01:51 PM
Yeah, that's closer to NOT being a joke than you think!!! Marty bought a cabin next to my dad's, or vice versa, don't know who bought first, in Mountain Home Arkansas, a sorta' vacation place. My dad said he never did see Marty there, but other neighbors mostly living there for real, did, but seldom. ... felix

Bret4207
05-16-2007, 05:38 AM
Good stuff guys. Thanks!

Jim
05-16-2007, 05:53 AM
Excellent! It's on my favorites!

Thanks!

Ranch Dog
05-16-2007, 04:19 PM
Very nice!

hollow-point
09-17-2007, 12:02 PM
another fantastic site. this is all too unreal for an info- starved aussie! keep it up guys.

Carteach0
11-04-2007, 08:59 AM
I hope you don't mind..... I placed a link to
'casting fellows' on my Carteach0 site (http://carteach0.blogspot.com/).
Excellent info which I plan to read all morning!

beefan
01-30-2008, 09:41 PM
I'm new to this forum and just checked out "Casting Fellows". What a pleasant suprise.

The cast bullet data for the 375 H&H was just what I've been looking for.

Good show,

beefan

HABCAN
02-02-2008, 11:06 AM
A great new site, added in my Favourites! Having just given my Rem. 'Classic' .257 to my #2 daughter, your cast info for the Roberts is both timely and valuable. Thank You!

45nut
04-05-2008, 06:26 PM
Attention bump. Between Tom's H&G page and tremendous information there alone and the articles posted at "casting fellows" everyone ought to take a look.

floodgate
04-05-2008, 08:07 PM
Tom:

You mentioned my name; do you want to post my article on the Ideal Moulds, 1884 - 1915? It was originally written for Beagle, and edited and converted to MS Word by him. I've run many hard copies and CD's and sent them off to individual inquirers. It would save me a lot of time - and a few bucks - to be able to refer them to this site.

Thanks!

Doug Elliott/floodgate

Doug Elliott (two "l's" and two "t's")

Texasflyboy
04-12-2008, 09:37 PM
Sure Doug. Just send them to my email:

tdugas@hotmail.com

I will try and get it coded and put up as a page.

floodgate
04-13-2008, 03:05 PM
Tom:

Just heard from Beagle; looks like he's going to post it on CASTPICS. Thanks anyhow!

Doug

wrcook
05-15-2009, 02:58 PM
A nice series of great articles. I will look for more.

A big thank you to the authors.

Bill C

stubshaft
05-15-2009, 03:06 PM
Looking good.

Slow Elk 45/70
05-15-2009, 08:13 PM
Great ! Added to favorites , I like it, thanks "Casting Fellows" !

doclot
11-07-2009, 09:11 PM
Saw the reference to your casting fellows homepage, made the mistake of going there, took me nearly 2 hours to get away. Wonderful info thanks for the sharing of information and the time that you have spent in doing so.

BobS
11-11-2009, 05:21 PM
Great Great site. Ordered some of Pat's flux today and checked out Casting Fellows----WHAT a great time I have had the past couple of hours. Will be back again and frequently. My senior years are now allowing me to once again shoot and enjoy. Have just last year started into Cowboy Action Shooting and am casting my own boolits. Am using a 45-70 and also an old 86 Win. in 38-56 cal. so have already found valuable info in the forum. Hope to contribute in the future and will try to help others as I have been helped already.
God Bless
BobS

David2011
11-11-2009, 07:05 PM
Flyboy,

Arrright! The very first time I see is just what I needed. About 3 years ago a buddy who has since passed gave me a new commercial Mauser action, a New England double set trigger, a new .375 bore barrel, a reamer in .375 H&H and a headspace gauge. Just last night I decided to start working on it. It's the least I could do to honor his generous gift. I put the action on a mandrel and faced it off, preparing for the barrel. I've thought since he gave me the parts that it would make a great castboolit rifle. Your detailed info on the boolit molds has me fired up. Thanks!

David

wistlepig1
11-11-2009, 10:03 PM
Great site, I read the 223 stuff twice trying to get some tips for my on going problems with getting my 22 Hornet to hit the broad side of a barn with my casts (this is a real test of my patience, kill something). The gun shoots jacketed very well but not casts. The info on sizing point down, and culling might help. thanks for your efforts.

Bill*
04-07-2010, 09:38 PM
Just read the babbit article....Thanks Felix

smoked turkey
04-08-2010, 12:53 AM
FANTASTIC!! I happened on this treasure trove of articles a while ago and as usual I am blown away by the knowledge and willingness to share that I see from those on this forum that have so much experience. I only got to read a couple of articles tonight but I'll be back. Thanks for posting this.

HangFireW8
04-08-2010, 09:07 PM
These pages are incredibly frustrating for me to try to read. Firefox keeps the right hand words hidden, EVEN IF I expand to full screen on a 24 inch 1920 pixel wide monitor. I am forced to use the left/right scroll bar to read every single line.

I am searching for a Firefox solution but what I find only seems to apply to those who control the CSS or inside the < pre > tag. Neither apply here.

Until then these pages will have to go unread by me.

Sorry.

HangFireW8
04-08-2010, 10:40 PM
These pages are incredibly frustrating for me to try to read. Firefox keeps the right hand words hidden, EVEN IF I expand to full screen on a 24 inch 1920 pixel wide monitor. I am forced to use the left/right scroll bar to read every single line.

I found the problem in the Slugging the Bore article. Inside every HTML paragraph tag there is a ";margin-right:-.5in;". That instructs the browser to hide one half inch of text on the right hand side no matter what, if the line is long enough, one is forced to use the scroll bar to see it.

My suggestion- stop doing that. Even better, make it a positive value, instead of a negative one.

-HF

a.squibload
04-23-2010, 01:24 AM
Hangfire, that bugs me too, I experimented with "zoom" and window size
with no luck. Then set "view, page style" to "no style". The font gets
thinner but the text lines cooperate and stay within the margins, no more
shifting back & forth.

I am searching for a Firefox solution but what I find only seems to apply to those who control the CSS or inside the < pre > tag. Neither apply here.

Until then these pages will have to go unread by me.

Sorry.

Bullet Caster
11-19-2011, 10:58 PM
I'm having a difficult time reading "slugging a barrel" because it is too large for my screen. I tried changing resolution without any results. Could you resize the text so that it fits a lap-top screen? I am very interested in this specific article. Thanks BC

wiljen
11-20-2011, 08:45 AM
I'm having a difficult time reading "slugging a barrel" because it is too large for my screen. I tried changing resolution without any results. Could you resize the text so that it fits a lap-top screen? I am very interested in this specific article. Thanks BC

http://www.castpics.net/subsite2/HowTo/Slugging%20the%20Bore.pdf

try that one. It is in pdf so you can size as you wish.

SSGOldfart
11-21-2011, 10:13 AM
thanks wiljen pdf. work for me too

Texasflyboy
04-11-2014, 09:48 PM
Gentlemen,

The websites are coming back. The original pages were written in Microsoft Word 95 and I can no longer update them.

I am redoing all the websites in modern language and they will be back up in about a month or so. Everything was backed up 100%, nothing was lost.

Tom in VA

SSGOldfart
04-12-2014, 03:09 AM
Great news looking forward to it

Texasflyboy
04-16-2014, 08:03 AM
All done.

The link below takes you to the new Hensley & Gibbs Website. All of the old info is archived there.

Tom in VA

SSGOldfart
04-17-2014, 07:41 AM
AWSOME POT, BEST WRITE-up on the web man that had to take some time to just show us that 150 pound pot. I've got to copy the foot pedal with only having one hand that's the answer to my handicap. now if I could only get one on a loading press:D;-)
Thank you again for this website

HangFireW8
04-19-2014, 08:52 AM
Gentlemen,

The websites are coming back. The original pages were written in Microsoft Word 95 and I can no longer update them.

I am redoing all the websites in modern language and they will be back up in about a month or so. Everything was backed up 100%, nothing was lost.

Tom in VA

Lol HTML was supposed to be universal but MS had to try and make it proprietary....

trapper9260
04-20-2014, 09:31 AM
I had just check the site out and looking forward to read more on it and learn some more .Thank you

Sgt Petro
03-30-2015, 10:52 PM
Very well written articles and observations. Thanks for keeping it alive and updated.

AKholicBubba
11-30-2017, 12:57 AM
Something i would like to check out

JBinMN
11-30-2017, 01:36 AM
I just bookmarked the link in the OP.
;)

You sure are working your way thru some "dusty" topics, but it is cool, AKholicBubba.
LOL
;)